The Voice 20 ● Blind Auditions 3 ● Discussion

istersay

9 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Back after watching with my mom with my thoughts:

• Ryleigh's audition was shaky but she's got a cool tone, and the "Kelly I'm gay" had me cackling
  • Pia's audition was cool and very Team-Gwen-feeling, but not the strongest song choice for her
  • Andrew I ended up liking more than I expected - kind of surprised he only got one chair but I think Nick's a good fit for him, so that worked out well
  • Emma I wasn't a big fan of and I would've liked to see her with Kelly, but Blake's not a bad choice either
  • Ciana's got good stage presence but I can't stand Dance Monkey, so that pushed her down a notch in my book
  • Jose had way too many runs for my taste but he seems really likable, surprised he went with Nick but that'll be interesting to watch
  • Halley's sound and mid-range are really interesting, but her high notes I wasn't big on
  • Durell's song choice is one I've heard done better on this show, but that old Motown-soul sound is good to see once in a while
  • Avery's blind was my mom's favorite of the night; though it wasn't the most dynamic thing in the world, a lot of country music is more storytelling-focused and having a pleasant tone tends to be more important than doing vocal acrobatics - based on those criteria, he nailed it.

She is a MiniMom indeed.