Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Recently on The Kelly Clarkson Show, she had guests Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul. Kelly Clarkson asked them if they would ever consider being judges on American Idol again. Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson both said they would be open to being judges on American Idol again if Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest were also on board with the idea as well. So Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson want in. Now we would just need Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest to say yes and then we can go back to making super stars again. Their answer to Kelly Clarkson's question starts at the 3:12 mark of the video.

 

 

 

Edited by anticoronaperson
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

The alumni/contestants make the show... Not who the judges are... :/ 

Really sick of the nostalgic love for those 3 imperfect judges... 🙄

the original three or the current three? Oh I'm realizing that you're referring to the original three because you used the term nostalgic. Yeah I get what you're saying. I just found it interesting that after all these years, Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson would want to be judges on American Idol again.

Edited by anticoronaperson
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

Recently on The Kelly Clarkson Show, she had guests Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul. Kelly Clarkson asked them if they would ever consider being judges on American Idol again. Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson both said they would be open to being judges on American Idol again if Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest were also on board with the idea as well. So Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson want in. Now we would just need Simon Cowell and Ryan Seacrest to say yes and then we can go back to making super stars again. Their answer to Kelly Clarkson's question starts at the 3:12 mark of the video.

 

 

 

Living in the past.  The show will never produce superstars again.  You can't turn back time.  The music industry is vastly different now.  Both Paula and Simon have not watched the show in years.

 

Simon knows he would never get away with his antics of shamming contestants today.  He's very "pc' on America's Got Talent.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mytake1 said:

Living in the past.  The show will never produce superstars again.  You can't turn back time.  The music industry is vastly different now.  Both Paula and Simon have not watched the show in years.

 

Simon knows he would never get away with his antics of shamming contestants today.  He's very "pc' on America's Got Talent.

So the judges now don’t insult contestants like Simon Cowell used to do? Simon Cowell has grown and doesn’t insult people on America’s Got Talent. So I don’t know if one can really say that he would go back to his old ways if he were to judge American Idol again. I do get overall what you’re saying though and I respect your opinion. I mean who are we to say that Simon Cowell can't be a good judge on American Idol if he doesn't insult or shame contestants for the way they sing.

Edited by anticoronaperson
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mytake1 said:

Living in the past.  The show will never produce superstars again.  You can't turn back time.  The music industry is vastly different now.  Both Paula and Simon have not watched the show in years.

 

Simon knows he would never get away with his antics of shamming contestants today.  He's very "pc' on America's Got Talent.

Also, I’m not disagreeing but what is so different about the music industry back then and how it is now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

Also, I’m not disagreeing but what is so different about the music industry back then and how it is now?


Social media and streaming. The erosion of network TV ratings. 

 

The single biggest source of new music talent today is TikTok.  They put out a year end retrospective and said that 80+ artists were signed by labels after going viral on the platform. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:


Social media and streaming. The erosion of network TV ratings. 

 

The single biggest source of new music talent today is TikTok.  They put out a year end retrospective and said that 80+ artists were signed by labels after going viral on the platform. 

Oh okay. I see. i just meant if that's the case, then why is Gabby Barrett the only one from the ABC version of American Idol who is being recognized and making a name for herself. Is it possible that if more of the contestants from the ABC version of American Idol started out on Tik Tok, then they would be instantly recognized too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:


Social media and streaming. The erosion of network TV ratings. 

 

The single biggest source of new music talent today is TikTok.  They put out a year end retrospective and said that 80+ artists were signed by labels after going viral on the platform. 

Also, what do you mean by the erosion of network TV ratings?

Link to post
Share on other sites

They also said that Kelly Clarkson should be a part of the show American Idol. I think they probably mean that she should be the fourth American Idol judge. So it would be Ryan Seacrest as the host and Paula Abdul, Kelly Clarkson, Simon Cowell, and Randy Jackson as the judges. Bobby Bones would still probably be the American Idol mentor for the contestants. I don't know how Kelly Clarkson would be able to be a judge on American Idol, be a coach on The Voice, and be a talk show host on The Kelly Clarkson Show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, anticoronaperson said:

Also, what do you mean by the erosion of network TV ratings?


The ratings for network tv in general are awful compared to even just a few years ago. When Idol was launching stars on the regular, a typical episode could reach 20 million viewers and the finale 25-30 million. Have you seen the recent ratings? Spoiler: They stink.

 

I’m not saying no one from Idol can do well in the industry like Gabby has.. The show obviously casts talented people. I’m saying that they can’t expect to make it BECAUSE of Idol. It’s no longer enough to launch them.

Edited by AngelaKD
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:


The ratings for network tv in general are awful compared to even just a few years ago. When Idol was launching stars on the regular, a typical episode could reach 20 million viewers and the finale 25-30 million. Have you seen the recent ratings? Spoiler: They stink.

 

I’m not saying no one from Idol can do well in the industry like Gabby has.. The show obviously casts talented people. I’m saying that they can’t expect to make it BECAUSE of Idol. It’s no longer enough to launch them.

Why is American Idol still on T.V. then and hasn't been canceled if the ratings "stink"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

Why is American Idol still on T.V. then and hasn't been canceled if the ratings "stink"?


because everything else they’ve tried does even worse. Ratings are relative. They stink compared to the past. They’re decent compared to the competition. Like I said, network tv is in overall decline. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:


because everything else they’ve tried does even worse. Ratings are relative. They stink compared to the past. They’re decent compared to the competition. Like I said, network tv is in overall decline. 

Everything else they tried on American Idol or other singing shows that they tried instead of American Idol?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an idea for a number of films. What if each of the American Idol finalists had a main role in a movie where they played a famous singer. So Jennifer Hudson is already going to be Aretha Franklin in an upcoming film.

Kelly Clarkson - It would be interesting to see her play either Stevie Nicks or Madonna.

Carrie Underwood - It would be interesting to see her play either Dolly Parton or Loretta Lynn.

Chris Daughtry - It would be interesting to see him play Gene Simmons or Billy Joel.

Adam Lambert - It would be interesting to see him play Steven Tyler or Jim Morrison.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

It will be great having Bobby Bones back this season. He's a great and fun mentor for the contestants. Also, he's so smart, funny, and full of wisdom.

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, anticoronaperson said:

You don't like Bobby Bones? Why don't you like him?

He adds nothing, he gives useless critiques that are hardly ever implemented, etc. The contestants like him because he’s good for emotional support, but as an overall mentor for singing, he’s terrible. 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

He adds nothing, he gives useless critiques that are hardly ever implemented, etc. The contestants like him because he’s good for emotional support, but as an overall mentor for singing, he’s terrible. 

Oh okay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

He adds nothing, he gives useless critiques that are hardly ever implemented, etc. The contestants like him because he’s good for emotional support, but as an overall mentor for singing, he’s terrible. 

Who do you think would be a better mentor to have on American Idol instead of Bobby Bones?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...