Gmm99

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, taylanastan said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t think anyone has covered gravity by Sara bareilles?

Jackie Foster did it for her T10 performance. It's pretty underrated.

Also, Jessie Pitts did it for her IS.

"Bad Idea, Right?" by Olivia Rodrigo.  They probably won't since it's a lot more rapping than singing, but it's still a hell of a song.  And really, I love the more sophisticated chord progressions that it has more than the actual lyrics.

4 hours ago, Rodney said:

"Bad Idea, Right?" by Olivia Rodrigo.  They probably won't since it's a lot more rapping than singing, but it's still a hell of a song.  And really, I love the more sophisticated chord progressions that it has more than the actual lyrics.

After becoming a bit more familiar with her musical, I think any song apart from Traitor or Drivers License might be a bus. Her songs are very wordy, she kind of mantains a spoken word/singing mix, and that does require a lot of breath control. It could go wrong for several contestants.

25 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

After becoming a bit more familiar with her musical, I think any song apart from Traitor or Drivers License might be a bus. Her songs are very wordy, she kind of mantains a spoken word/singing mix, and that does require a lot of breath control. It could go wrong for several contestants.

How about All I Want?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Not if a truly artistic contestant gives it a more melodic spin.  Like Lyndsey Elm with "Lips are Movin'" and both Christiana Danielle and LVNDR with "Hotline Bling."

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rodney said:

"Daylight" by David Kushner.  It has elements that remind me Hozier's "Take Me to Church" and Imagine Dragons' "Radioactive."

"Daylight" is a great song.  Wouldn't mind hearing something more current from Huntley at some point, and that might be a good one.  I think he definitely has the gravitas to pull it off.  Last time I heard the song, I remember thinking, wow, that's a lot of low baritone notes. Requires a lot of low-end control, so probably not a good idea for the one male singer in the running who actually screams "current'.  Mac though, he has the warmth of tone required, and he has dabbled in the singer-songwriter stuff, plus 'Gravity", come to think of it, isn't too far off from "Daylight"?  So yeah, wouldn't mind hearing Huntley or Mac on that one.

Edited by dirActing
  • Like 1