The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

MENTOR COMMENTS

jarmon: To be honest, both great groups but I have to say I find one group a little more polished than the other, so for that reason, the winner is The Bundys for me!

thevoiceisthetop: I gotta be honest, I think that was the wrong song choice for this battle, it favored more The Cutkelvins, but I think I can see more potential on The Bundys, so I'm picking them.

QueenMae: I have to be honest I don't think The Bundys have what it takes to excel in this competition. Cutkelvins you did so well though and with such untapped power in you. Cutkelvins would be my winner.

IAN27TAY: I gotta be brutally honest, it was kind of a mess at some point. It's not that perfect performance but it was a transcending experience listening to the both of you, group singing. So, let's start with The Bundys, yeah I'm glad that each of you gave your best but it's not enough for me to call you a superstar, which the show is finding for. Next up is The Cutkelvins, what happened though? I thought it was a group perormance but only the girl gave her best on this stage. I'm really sorry to say this but you boys are like backup singers that only paid 5% of the singer's wage. But despite what I've all said, I think the only wrong in your performance is the song choice, which is MY mistake. Okay, so I made up my mind and the winner that I'm taking to the next round is.. The Bundys!

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Thanks 1

IAN27TAY: I paired these groups because both of them are POWERHOUSES. Both can slay high notes. I'm so hyped up at this battle!

4th Impact vs. Beatz
- Song: And I Am Telling You (Jennifer Hudson)

• Thanks 1

MENTOR COMMENTS

jarmon: LOL @ this pairing! But a great performance overall, the winner is obvious for me though, grats 4th Impact!

thevoiceisthetop: *standing ovation* I gotta be honest, I really love this battle, but I don't think that's the right song for the both of you groups to battle with, it favored 4th Impact a little more, because we all know they can do ballads. A big upbeat song would've been the best, nevertheless, you're all so good, it's like I'm watching 2 superstar groups battling. But I will go on the group that is more versatile, and that is 4th Impact.

QueenMae: I think while BEATZ you stood your own, this has to be the 4th Impact's to win, just amazing job yall!

IAN27TAY: *standing ovation* OKAY!!! Wait a minute, I'm really speechless right now, because this is the best performance of the night, the power of the vocals, tone, rawness and everything, this performance is just perfect. Beatz, you have a booming voice, and you can depict the character through your voice, you know when to use that power you have, and that is the best part of your group. And 4th Impact, wow! I really think your parents are so proud of you because your family is full of talent, but here's the thing some parts of the song that you sang are kind of pitchy, but that is just a minor problem that can be fixed. The winner of this battle is definitely... 4th Impact!

• Thanks 1

JUDGES SAVE DECISION

@IAN27TAY used his FIRST SAVE on Beatz, advancing them to the 8-Chair Challenge.

IAN27TAY: OKAY!!! I don't want to waste such a good talent, that's why I'm using my first save to Beatz 'cause they deserve it!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

picsart-06-12-10-21-51.png

La'Porsha Renae
Stevie McCrorie
Saara Aalto
Ben Haenow
Candice Boyd
Joshua Ledet
J̶a̶n̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶R̶o̶b̶i̶n̶s̶o̶n̶
A̶l̶f̶i̶e̶ ̶A̶r̶c̶u̶r̶i̶
S̶a̶r̶a̶h̶ ̶T̶u̶c̶k̶e̶r̶
K̶e̶v̶i̶n̶ ̶S̶i̶m̶m̶
F̶l̶e̶u̶r̶ ̶E̶a̶s̶t̶
D̶a̶l̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶H̶a̶r̶r̶i̶s̶

picsart-06-12-11-35-31.png

Hello Sunday
5 After Midnight
Alien Uncovered
Rough Copy
The Bundys
4th Impact
Beatz (SAVED)
W̶h̶i̶t̶n̶e̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶S̶h̶a̶n̶n̶o̶n̶
B̶r̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶3̶
T̶h̶e̶ ̶K̶o̶i̶ ̶B̶o̶y̶s̶
E̶m̶b̶l̶e̶m̶3̶
T̶h̶e̶ ̶C̶u̶t̶k̶e̶l̶v̶i̶n̶s̶

• Thanks 1

The-Battles.png

Hi and welcome to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1!

Last night, we've witnessed the first part of the battles of the category of The Over 25's and The Groups. @jarmon still did not used his 2 saves on the first night of his category's battle, so last night, only 6 of his artists advanced. @IAN27TAY already used his first save on Beatz last night, advancing them, and other 6 artists that won their respective battles to the 8-Chair Challenge.

Tonight, the part 2 of the battles between The Over 25's and The Groups will be happening. Only 15 artists (8+7) will advance from both teams. Each notes matters as the Final 14 from each category is filling up, readying for the 8-Chair Challenge.

Now, kicking things off for tonight is The Groups, that @IAN27TAY mentors.

• Thanks 1

IAN27TAY: I paired these big groups with the biggest dreams because they're just the perfect definition for variation, they're different in their own ways, and I can't wait to see how their battle goes!

Fifth Harmony vs. Real Like You
- Song: Creep (Radiohead)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: I loved that connection you all gave in this performance, but to be honest I have to go with what is ready, and Fifth Harmony would be my winner here.

jarmon: Wow! I wasn't expecting this song choice for you ladies! But, it definitely worked and you guys brought some creepy and haunting vocals that this song requires, good job on that. I'd give the win to Fifth Harmony.

A-Kid: Wow, that was an unexpected song choice for both groups. It's hauntingly beautiful, but for me, one stood out because of the experience, and that is Fifth Harmony, but I wouldn't mind saving Real Like You, because you've really got potential.

IAN27TAY: *standing ovation* Girls, I'm so proud of you all, I just wanna have a group hug with y'all! The performance was on point, and the harmony of the voices really blew me away.  Fifth Harmony, it's like you can sing anything, or any genre, if that makes sense. Real Like You, just like what I said to Fifth Harmony, you're all so talented and a very diverse group. Indeed, all of you performed and just had a performance on that stage, without thinking about battling, that's what I really want, so I'm glad! But, I'm going to the group who I think can give more throughout the competition and, that's... Fifth Harmony!

• Thanks 1

JUDGES SAVE DECISION

@IAN27TAY used his FINAL SAVE on Real Like You, advancing them to the 8-Chair Challenge.

IAN27TAY: There's no way I'm letting go such talent! You're just so good to be eliminated early, and I still have a save so I'm gonna make it to use.

• Thanks 1

IAN27TAY: I paired them because they've really got that deep connections, as couples have. They've also got that same genre, where they do interesting things together, I'm curious on how a couple vs. couple battle would do!

Jess & Matt vs. Alex & Sierra
- Song: FourFiveSeconds (Rihanna)

• Haha 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: I loved the emotion you all gave into it and I think it really connected to the audience. I have to go with Alex and Sierra for the passion they project out into the crowd

jarmon: *claps* I loved this battle pairing and I loved your voices altogether, wish we could make this a super group! This was a pretty even battle for me, I'd go with Alex & Sierra but a very close battle!

A-Kid: I gotta say both groups got really that deep connection with each other. I love how you both interpreted this fun song. I would go, however to Alex & Sierra for the reason that I think they can do more interesting things moving forward, but this is really a close call because both groups are almost similar. 

IAN27TAY: First of all this performance is so lovely and so adorable, two couples that love each other and been loved by IDF. I really love to hear more from the both of you but only one couple could win in this battle, and thats... Alex & Sierra, I just see more potential to them and can see them getting record deals together.

• Thanks 1

IAN27TAY: I paired these groups because both were already superstars in my eyes, and I think they can really blend well and work well together.

Misunderstood vs. Four of Diamonds
- Song: Reggaeton Lento (CNCO)

• Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: You all know how to bring the energy, I think progressing I would go on what I think can excel in this show. So Misunderstood will do it for me.

jarmon: *dances along* This was a very fun performance! Vocally, not the best performance we've seen so far BUT a very entertaining performance and I'd go with Four of Diamonds!

A-Kid: That's such a FUN performance, I totally loved the vibe of the both groups. However, I can see both doing so much more than this song, it's not a bad song choice, there's just a song that I think would fit more to the both of the groups. But going on with the competition, I've seen already a lot of girl groups in this category, so if I were the mentor, I'll pick Misunderstood. But both were good, just a matter of preference for me.

IAN27TAY: *stands, claps and sing along* Ugh! This performance was so hot and I gotta say both groups owned that song, it's really a good choice that I paired the both of you. But only one could win, and that's.. Four of Diamonds!

• Thanks 1

IAN27TAY: Both got that brotherhood thing going, and I can see them working together. It'll be really fun to watch a brothers vs. brothers matchup/battle.

The Swon Brothers vs. Sean & Connor Price
- Song: I Want It That Way (Backstreet Boys)

• Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: I have to be honest, The Swon Brothers I don't think have what it takes to be considered vocally or even artistically great or even decent. Sean and Conor you have some huge potential and with progressive journey, I think you can go far, so Sean and Conor would be my undoubtful winner.

jarmon: Honestly speaking, one of you is more polished than the other and I'd go with experience on this so the winner is The Swon Brothers!

A-Kid: I really love this song, a classic! And, wow, what an unexpected pairing, this worked well but honestly, the song favored Sean & Conor more, so I this is not the right song choice for you brothers to battle with? But despite of it, Sean & Conor Price, you've really got a potential, and I think is more marketable than The Swon Brothers, I gotta be honest on that one. So I'm picking Sean & Conor.

IAN27TAY: WOW! Is this the new backstreet boys I'm seeing?? Just kidding though HAHAHA. Ok, first of all great voice techniques for both groups. Also, I gotta say both of you can form a new group, and I wouldn't care at all, I really think both of your groups are cool. But the winner in this round is... The Swon Brothers! I just really see the both of you as the artists that can get record deals quickly, as of now.

• Thanks 1

IAN27TAY: They're completely opposite but it'll be interesting to watch the biggest group in this show to battle with the smallest one. I think they can really work well together.

Stereo Kicks vs. Into the Ark
- Song: 8 Letters (Why Don't We)

• Thanks 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: Idk I think I loved you both equally in terms of groups, but I think with the song selection Into The Ark would fit it better. I would go with versatility and that would Into The Ark as my winner.

jarmon: *stands and claps and sings along* MAN! I LOVE THIS SONG! And you guys did it justice and I am so in love with your voices, based of personal preference and who I could see doing better overall, I'd go with Stereo Kicks.

A-Kid: I think it is kind of equal even though Into the Ark was outnumbered? I have to be honest, I really haven't heard this song ever, so thanks for introducing it to me! Moving forward, I gotta go for the group that I think the audience will love and accept, and that is Stereo Kicks.

IAN27TAY: This battle is tough. I gotta say that it's technically not the best, but it's still not the worse for me, for now. But overall, performance wise, it's decent enough, and I'm glad that both of the groups are really giving it all to go in the next round, but I have to pick 1 winner and that's gotta be... Stereo Kicks!

• Thanks 1