Re-instate a Feature?

Rate this topic

There doesn't seem to be the "Go to last unread post".  Could that, still, be re-instated? Can go to Last Page, now, but, not latest entry (at the bottom of the last page); Go to the latest entry should be a choice in addition to Go to Last page.

Cheers,
Drew

6 hours ago, miss denise said:

Click the star symbol to the left of the topic and you will be taken to the first unread post. 

image.png.08c2f2a27af7e7c5e01b9c1854dc71ed.png

The star appears as a circle if you have not been in that particular topic before, but will do the same thing.

image.png.2145f0beae9c34bad4d63baa81f5192d.png

Well, well, well, thanks... if only I had happened to hoover over those things accidentally I would have discovered it for myself 🤨.  Geeez, glad I asked 😂 & glad we (already) have it.  Thanks, again, Denise.  (Probably, not your real name, but, it's the thought that counts 😉)

Hey, so much for a good idea, eh? 😏

Cheers,
Drew  (<-- is my name 🤣)

Edited by Drew1903

I am having issues with this. Is anyone else? I am clicking on the circle/star for threads I was just in within the past couple of days. Yet, it does not take me to my first unread post. It is taking me to posts around January 20. Even though I have read the thread this month. At first I thought maybe I accidentally logged out. So I made sure I was logged in and tried another thread I was reading and had the same problem. I don't know anyone else is having this problem or if it is just me and maybe I'm doing something wrong?

On 2/3/2020 at 8:56 PM, Drew1903 said:

Well, well, well, thanks... if only I had happened to hoover over those things accidentally I would have discovered it for myself 🤨.  Geeez, glad I asked 😂 & glad we (already) have it.  Thanks, again, Denise.  (Probably, not your real name, but, it's the thought that counts 😉)

Hey, so much for a good idea, eh? 😏

Cheers,
Drew  (<-- is my name 🤣)

You're welcome! Glad to help. :hug: And as far as I know, Denise has always been my name. :lmao: 

14 hours ago, Pallas said:

I am having issues with this. Is anyone else? I am clicking on the circle/star for threads I was just in within the past couple of days. Yet, it does not take me to my first unread post. It is taking me to posts around January 20. Even though I have read the thread this month. At first I thought maybe I accidentally logged out. So I made sure I was logged in and tried another thread I was reading and had the same problem. I don't know anyone else is having this problem or if it is just me and maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Oh no. I have not experienced this yet, but will take note if it happens for me. :unsure: :( 

21 hours ago, Pallas said:

A bunch of threads were moved to different boards this week. If you were in the thread before they were moved, it’ll be treated as a brand new thread when you try to go to the first unread post.

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2020 at 12:38 AM, Drew1903 said:

Although, I have hit the ⭐ & it did nothing. The Dot is alive & active, but, not the (dead faded)  ⭐  Oh & even after having used the thread a few times, btw ☺

If the star is faded, I would think you have already been in the thread since it was last posted in. I only see faded stars (and titles) on threads where nothing new has been posted since I was last in there (whether or not I read the new posts, the board won't know that). When the thread has new posts, the title and the star should both appear bold, and then the star is clickable. 

Here I cannot click the faded star on the second thread. Once it is posted in again, it will appear bold and clickable like the top thread. :yes: 

image.png.c3af50a14478086b129fbccec42ce204.png

Umm, ok.  Must be an IT Tech having a brain freeze... silly me, doesn't get how it helps for it to be faded on a thread that has, already, been used (Hence, has a Last Post) & even ones I have previously written in... so, my wee Pooh brain doesn't grasp the  "until something is put in, again".  Nor am I seeing the difference between the dots & a ⭐ that is not faded. But, no worries, no biggie. the new Platform is modern & quite fine, indeed.