DWTS Australia

*Amanda

3 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Ugh, when I saw this bumped up, i was hoping for renewal news. So sad it's cancelled again. :( 

Now we're not going to have any DWTS type shows in the Winter - with no DWTS Australia or Ireland. :broken: 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Ugh, when I saw this bumped up, i was hoping for renewal news. So sad it's cancelled again. :( 

Now we're not going to have any DWTS type shows in the Winter - with no DWTS Australia or Ireland. :broken: 

Maybe the German one? There was a thread on here about that last year.

French version I believe got postponed to March (that one was also struggling with viewers and could still potentially get pulled altogether 😬) and the Swedish version is in Spring as well so I'll follow them.

But yeah, none of the English speaking versions. :(

It was inevitable though - whilst they picked great hosts & judges and had a really good production (even better than Strictly), I feel that the casting was a bust last series and that's never a good sign for a show like this regardless of whether or not everything else goes fine. Too many reality TV folks and children of stars, not enough people famous in their own right. Also no over 50's and no ringers, it just didn't feel like they tried hard to get a balance in the casting either. There just wasn't enough impressive celebs in terms of name recognition or dance ability in the last two series for it to get the necessary viewers to continue. If they didn't have names that draw people in or really high quality dances, then the show was doomed.

Shame but I saw it coming the moment the network gave Tristan a presenting gig on another show.

Edited by DWTSFan2001

I have come in here to express my thoughts on DWTS Australia being cancelled (and I might go on a rant, so excuse me about that in advance).

I agree with some things that @DWTSFan2001 has said in regards to the fact that they picked out great hosts (who were both ex-DWTS contestants) and great judges (two of whom have dance on the American version and the other being a Judge on Strictly) that helped rejuvenate the show. I will say though that as an Australian who used to love these reality shows and watch some of them religiously, majority of them are over-produced and over-rated (Married at First Sight, I'm looking at you). But I think the main reason why it got cancelled, was because it was too much to produce and there are a lot of boring reality shows that highlight randoms who want to be celebrities and influencers (Again Married at First Sight and the Bachelor franchise, I'm looking at you). Now I won't have that many feel good reality shows to watch and that makes me sad.

Ok, rant over.

• Sad 3

24 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Sad that this got cancelled. :( I really enjoyed these past two seasons.

I wish there was a way to go back and watch older seasons, but I know videos for them are pretty much nonexistent. :( 

We can start with the two dances that scored a minimum score of 4/40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4X5ozdJVE8

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/tvshowbiz/video-1127615/I-Dont-Regret-Anything-Mark-Holden-responds-controversy.html & https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/while-the-viewers-love-mark-holden-it-appears-like-the-judges-hate-this-whacky-survivor/news-story/3023b0b02d92716a4b92ac74b8502052. There isn't a full video of this dance but these videos cover both the start and end bits.

Edited by DWTSFan2001

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

I wish there was a way to go back and watch older seasons, but I know videos for them are pretty much nonexistent. :( 

1 hour ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

You can watch Season 10 on Youtube

I also wish that Channel 7 or a streaming service picked up DWTS Australia so we can rewatch all of the seasons

On 10/15/2020 at 2:19 PM, DWTSFan2001 said:

Maybe the German one? There was a thread on here about that last year.

French version I believe got postponed to March (that one was also struggling with viewers and could still potentially get pulled altogether 😬) and the Swedish version is in Spring as well so I'll follow them.

But yeah, none of the English speaking versions. :(

It was inevitable though - whilst they picked great hosts & judges and had a really good production (even better than Strictly), I feel that the casting was a bust last series and that's never a good sign for a show like this regardless of whether or not everything else goes fine. Too many reality TV folks and children of stars, not enough people famous in their own right. Also no over 50's and no ringers, it just didn't feel like they tried hard to get a balance in the casting either. There just wasn't enough impressive celebs in terms of name recognition or dance ability in the last two series for it to get the necessary viewers to continue. If they didn't have names that draw people in or really high quality dances, then the show was doomed.

Shame but I saw it coming the moment the network gave Tristan a presenting gig on another show.

Ooh yeah I may try to watch the German season next year. I always try to or say I try to but it’s harder for me to get into and connect with the non-english versions shows. As I lie to watch the intro vies and get a grasp of their personalities. I was wondering when the French version would come back but yeah hopefully it comes back in March.

Ah I get your comments regarding the issues of the casting of celebs, and how it was lacking star power. :( Not sure how much that factored in but something to think about. You do have some understandable points.

8 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Same to all of this. :( I would lovee to watch past seasons of DWTS Australia, especially with less DWTS shows being around. :broken: 

6 hours ago, Stephhyy said:

You can watch Season 10 on Youtube

I also wish that Channel 7 or a streaming service picked up DWTS Australia so we can rewatch all of the seasons

Thanks for this info!

Ugh, same. :/ 

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, *Lily said:

Interesting...

Back to the original network and from what I read, they're trying to get back the old hosts and some of the old judges. I don't think any of our 3 judges from last year will be back - CRH & Sharna are both abroad (Australia is really hard to get into ATM, as Dianne from Strictly has found out) and Tristan is now contracted to Network 10. The pros could probably transfer shows easily, some of them already did do both the Seven & Ten versions.

I guess it would be a good way to get some celebs working again given everything that's gone on so many might say yes.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 12:38 PM, *Lily said:

Oh wow, this is really amazing news. :omg: Was not expecting DWTS Australia to come back after its cancellation a few months ago, but this has got me excited. Hopefully we get the new season soon (rather than in the Fall lol).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

DWTS Australia has started confirming their cast members for the All-Stars season!

Three confirmations so far

- Ada Nicodemou, season 3 winner

- Fifi Box, season 6 runner-up

- Tom Williams, season 2 winner

I heard rumours of Courtney Act returning a little while ago and I know she returned to Australia in the new year? So hoping that may be true. 😮 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Confirmed contestants and pairings so far:

Ada Nicodemou (season 3 winner) & Aric Yegudkin

Fifi Box (season 6 runner-up) & Jeremy Garner

Tom Williams (season 2 winner) & Alexandra Vladimirov

Schapelle Corby (new contestant) & Shae Mountain

Bec Hewitt (season 1 winner) & Craig Monley

Yayy I'm excited about some news about the upcoming all-star season! 😄 

Wow I love how they have gone old school with its cast so far. 😮 I don't know these celebs too well, but do know of Tom Williams as he won with Kym. And I did learn these other celebs in the DWTS International rankdown game.

And uhhh WHY are they casting a new contestant in an all-star season? That is so weird and not right. :dead: And from what I've briefly read, Schapelle isn't even classified as a celebrity. I can get it in an all new cast but this is odd, lol.

On 2/21/2021 at 12:10 AM, *Lily said:

I heard rumours of Courtney Act returning a little while ago and I know she returned to Australia in the new year? So hoping that may be true. 😮 

Nevermind apparently Courtney didn't even get a call. :/ All the names currently are from the show pre-reboot so it'll be interesting to see if we get any names from the newer seasons.

Edited by *Lily

23 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Nevermind apparently Courtney didn't even get a call. :/ All the names currently are from the show pre-reboot so it'll be interesting to see if we get any names from the newer seasons.

Aww sadness regarding Courtney. 😢 

*prayer circle for Ricki-Lee to be reunited with Jarryd* But that probably won't happen so I won't get my hopes too high for that. :haha: 

This season sounds messy with a mix of all-stars and new contestants, tbh. :dead: Seems unfair on the new contestants who haven't done the show before. But hey, it's a DWTS season happening so I'll take whatever I can take. :haha: 

14 hours ago, *Wallace said:

This season sounds messy with a mix of all-stars and new contestants, tbh. :dead: Seems unfair on the new contestants who haven't done the show before. But hey, it's a DWTS season happening so I'll take whatever I can take. :haha: 

Haha same.  I’ll even take the French DWTS.  Off-topic: Sad news though about one of the judges, Patrick Dupond’s recent death.  They’re now short on two judges with Jean-Marc Genereux leaving and Patrick’s death.  

6 hours ago, Ariel1989 said:

Haha same.  I’ll even take the French DWTS.  Off-topic: Sad news though about one of the judges, Patrick Dupond’s recent death.  They’re now short on two judges with Jean-Marc Genereux leaving and Patrick’s death.  

The French DWTS shade. :dead: 

But oooh no, I didn't her about this regarding Patrick Dupond’s death. :( I'm not too familiar with the judges outside of Jean-Marc (and Nico, who I think did a season?) but that's incredibly sad and heartbreaking to hear. :broken: 

5 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

The French DWTS shade. :dead: 

But oooh no, I didn't her about this regarding Patrick Dupond’s death. :( I'm not too familiar with the judges outside of Jean-Marc (and Nico, who I think did a season?) but that's incredibly sad and heartbreaking to hear. :broken: 

Nico was a judge for season 8, not sure why he only lasted one season but looks like Patrick had replaced him.  I’ve heard that Danse avec les stars is coming back this spring but no start date or cast confirmed except for the two judges not returning and pro Emmanuelle’s pregnancy ruling her out.  

Back to Australia, Gustavo and Jorja are coming back!  No partners revealed yet.  

More updates and rumors:

Confirmed:

Lincoln Lewis (season 9 fifth placer) & TBA.  Confirmed by Lincoln and DWTS on IG.  

Jessica Gomes (Australian model who took part in the Korean DWTS) & Lyu Masuda (new pro and dance partner of season 16 pro Siobhan Power, maybe Siobhan is coming back?).  Confirmed by Jessica and Lyu on IG.  

Manu Feidel (season 11 winner) & Katrina Patchett (new pro and also a pro in France).  Daily Mail showed the two of them leaving the studio together, take that as confirmed.  Katrina also added DWTS Australia to her IG bio which further confirms her and Manu's participation.  

Rumored:

Erin McNaught (season 12 first eliminated, was paired with Gleb of course)

Renee Bargh (new contestant I think)

Both were reported by Daily Mail as seen going into the studios along with Lincoln Lewis, the same day Lincoln was later confirmed by DWTS.  

Confirmed cast so far:

Ada Nicodemou & Aric Yegudkin (confirmed by DWTS IG)

Fifi Box & Jeremy Garner (confirmed by Fifi's IG)

Tom Williams & Alexandra Vladimirov (confirmed by Tom & Alex's IGs)

Schapelle Corby & Shae Mountain (confirmed by Schapelle & Shae's IGs)

Bec Hewitt & Craig Monley (confirmed by Bec & Craig's IGs)

Lincoln Lewis & Lily Cornish (confirmed by DWTS IG and Lily's IG story)

Jessica Gomes & Lyu Masuda (confirmed by Jessica & Lyu's IGs)

Manu Feidel & Katrina Patchett (confirmed by Daily Mail and Katrina's IG bio)

?? & Jarryd Byrne (confirmed by Jarryd's now unavailable IG story)

?? & Gustavo Viglio (confirmed by Gustavo's IG)

?? & Jorja Freeman (confirmed by Gustavo's reply to comment in IG post)

Not adding Erin and Renee just yet, waiting for more confirmation.  

Update: Lily confirmed as Lincoln's partner.  

Edited by Ariel1989

On 3/9/2021 at 8:20 PM, Ariel1989 said:

Nico was a judge for season 8, not sure why he only lasted one season but looks like Patrick had replaced him.  I’ve heard that Danse avec les stars is coming back this spring but no start date or cast confirmed except for the two judges not returning and pro Emmanuelle’s pregnancy ruling her out.  

Back to Australia, Gustavo and Jorja are coming back!  No partners revealed yet.  

Ah thanks for all of this info. Hopefully DWTS France does get to come back soon.

17 hours ago, Ariel1989 said:

More updates and rumors:

Confirmed:

Lincoln Lewis (season 9 fifth placer) & TBA.  Confirmed by Lincoln and DWTS on IG.  

Jessica Gomes (Australian model who took part in the Korean DWTS) & Lyu Masuda (new pro and dance partner of season 16 pro Siobhan Power, maybe Siobhan is coming back?).  Confirmed by Jessica and Lyu on IG.  

Manu Feidel (season 11 winner) & Katrina Patchett (new pro and also a pro in France).  Daily Mail showed the two of them leaving the studio together, take that as confirmed.  Katrina also added DWTS Australia to her IG bio which further confirms her and Manu's participation.  

Rumored:

Erin McNaught (season 12 first eliminated, was paired with Gleb of course)

Renee Bargh (new contestant I think)

Both were reported by Daily Mail as seen going into the studios along with Lincoln Lewis, the same day Lincoln was later confirmed by DWTS.  

Confirmed cast so far:

Ada Nicodemou & Aric Yegudkin (confirmed by DWTS IG)

Fifi Box & Jeremy Garner (confirmed by Fifi's IG)

Tom Williams & Alexandra Vladimirov (confirmed by Tom & Alex's IGs)

Schapelle Corby & Shae Mountain (confirmed by Schapelle & Shae's IGs)

Bec Hewitt & Craig Monley (confirmed by Bec & Craig's IGs)

Lincoln Lewis & Lily Cornish (confirmed by DWTS IG and Lily's IG story)

Jessica Gomes & Lyu Masuda (confirmed by Jessica & Lyu's IGs)

Manu Feidel & Katrina Patchett (confirmed by Daily Mail and Katrina's IG bio)

?? & Jarryd Byrne (confirmed by Jarryd's now unavailable IG story)

?? & Gustavo Viglio (confirmed by Gustavo's IG)

?? & Jorja Freeman (confirmed by Gustavo's reply to comment in IG post)

Not adding Erin and Renee just yet, waiting for more confirmation.  

Update: Lily confirmed as Lincoln's partner.  

Thanks for the latest updates. Ooh I remember Lincoln a bit as I've seen some of his danes. I remember seeing Manu won but can't remember what I saw of him.

But oooo Jessica was on DWTS Korea? Then Renee is another wildcard/contestant that hasn't done DWTS AU? Gosh it seems like the male cast is a pretty good selection so far but half of the female cast seems..... so random. :haha: Only Ada, Fifi and Bec did the show, lasted long and seem like well known names to the series. At least Erin did the show but a first boot on an All Stars cast seems random. Although I am hopeful and looking forward to how Jessica does.

Also 7 male pros and 4 female pros (and 3 males & 7 female celebs), seems so unbalanced.  I'm sure we'll get more female pros and male celebs added.

Here is an article that has pics and more info on the celebs: https://www.newidea.com.au/dancing-with-the-stars-australia-2021-contestants

Jamie Durie is also apart of the confirmed cast, who came in 4th on the 6th season of the show (same season as Fifi, so they'll be reunited). Although I haven’t seen Manu’s confirmation on this article or the official instagram, but Ariel mentioned rumored stuff of them so I'm sure he'll be confirmed soon.

Thanks Ariel and Wally for all the updates on this! I've been only really checking the Instagram page... but I just did a search and it looks like the whole cast has been confirmed now since there's an official cast pic. 😮 

1615788426403_GQM36I6KE.1-2.jpg?imwidth=1024&impolicy=wan_v3

https://thewest.com.au/entertainment/tv/schapelle-corby-bec-hewitt-manu-feildel-among-cast-of-dancing-with-the-stars-all-stars-ng-b881821431z

Full cast:

Renee Bargh - TV presenter, former Extra reporter (wildcard)
Lincoln Lewis - actor (season 9, 5th place)
Ada Nicodemou - actress (season 3, 1st place)

Matty Johnson - former Bachelor (wildcard)
Luke Jacobz - TV presenter & actor (season 8, 1st place)
Kyly Clarke - model (season 14, 9th place)
Tom Williams - TV presenter (season 2, 1st place)
Bec Hewitt - actress (season 1, 1st place)
Jamie Durie - TV presenter & landscaper (season 6, 4th place)
Manu Feildel - chef & TV presenter (season 11, 1st place)

Erin McNaught - model & actress (season 12, 11th place)
Schapelle Corby - media 'personality' (wildcard)
Jessica Gomes - model (wildcard)
Fifi Box - radio & TV presenter (season 6, 2nd place)

Seems like an interesting cast and excited to see how this plays out. 😮 I was hoping to maybe see some people from the rebooted series but also it'll be nice to see some of these people from older seasons who I know less about, such as Bec, Tom and Ada, and to get to know them more. The wildcard twist is interesting as well - I've heard vaguely about Schapelle, but I also remember Renee from doing some work on DWTS US in Extra interviews, I think.

The early outs are an interesting addition too. :haha: Kyly is a nice pick, I remember her doing very well in her short time before having to withdraw so it'll be nice to see her get another chance. Erin is also probably the one I am most familiar with - although a total random pick in this group being a first out. :dead: But I'm excited to see her and how she does.

Omgg whoa, they just revealed the whole cast like that? Danggg wow, I just checked an hour/half hour ago an saw just the 8. :dead: Crazy how it all got revealed that quickly. :haha:

Excited  about the new additions. I’ve known and like Renee for years on Extra, so yayy someone i know and am looking forward to. 😄 I know and like Luke, he was great on his season (didn’t watch in live time but saw a number of his dances). Shocked he wasn’t announced earlier as he’s a really big name. And oooo yayy for Kyly being in the cast. She was great (and probably had the potential to be the best dancer of her season)! It was unfortunate when she had an injury to withdraw so I’m happy she’s got a second chance.

And like Lily said, I’m excite to get to know these older season cast members i don’t know so well. :yes: 

Also lol yeah I do feel like Erin is a random pick. Was she a good but robbed first boot?  Intrested in seeing how she does although it would be sad if she goes out first there.

Okay i am glad they have at least one male wildcard but 1 male wildcard and 3 male wildcards is interesting - should have been two and two and remove Schapelle, to add in a pst female celeb. I saw some headlines of Bec not being impressed with Schapelle’s casting. But yeah i wasn’t into the wildcard twist at first but now seeing Renee (and intrigued by Jessica) in there, I’m more excited for it!

Now i’m really excited for this season to start. I’ve been in DWTS/SCD withdrawals (since Let’s Dance Germany won’t let me watch those videos), so i’m ready! :bobo: