The American Politics Thread!

Rate this topic

istersay

4 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Anyone wanna make any prediction about Caucus? I think it'd be fun. After the Caucus, we can come back here to see who's prediction was the closest. :haha:

Not even going to try. 

• Haha 1

Trump

DeSantis

Haley

Caucuses really aren’t Democratic because it’s about having a passionate base.

Though I think Haley likely has more voters than DeSantis, she’s just getting the never trumpers, I think the stat is that about half of her supporters would vote for Biden over Trump. so she doesn’t have the engagement of the other bases.

• Like 1

I made the mistake of turning on Fox News this morning, and it only took a few minutes to be reminded they’re literally a propaganda tool for Trump. It’s worse than ever. Their motives have nothing to do with policy, or who’s in the WH. Of course, the demographic that watches Fox the most (old people) is more likely to vote for Trump. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I made the mistake of turning on Fox News this morning, and it only took a few minutes to be reminded they’re literally a propaganda tool for Trump. It’s worse than ever. Their motives have nothing to do with policy, or who’s in the WH. Of course, the demographic that watches Fox the most (old people) is more likely to vote for Trump. 

Fox is pathetic. They falsely said DeSantis is skipping New Hampshire. They know it's not true, he's just going to SC first, then will come back to NH. What a bunch of liars.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Fox is pathetic. They falsely said DeSantis is skipping New Hampshire. They know it's not true, he's just going to SC first, then will come back to NH. What a bunch of liars.

According to Steve Deace, the median age of Fox viewers is 69.

He had Robert Salvador, the AI polling guy, in studio on his show today. Deace thinks DeSantis will overperform, but that Trump will finish in first. The good news is he’s frequently wrong with his predictions. :haha:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

According to Steve Deace, the median age of Fox viewers is 69.

He had Robert Salvador, the AI polling guy, in studio on his show today. Deace thinks DeSantis will overperform, but that Trump will finish in first. The good news is he’s frequently wrong with his predictions. :haha:

Yeah, I hope he's wrong. Team DeSantis is very confident.

I just too watched The AI polling guy podcast. He admitted that the % could be a bit wrong, but the trend is 100%, and whatever % DeSantis gets, he's gonna outperform the MSM by a lot. He said Vivek is strong as well, and that's why Trump attacked him.

DeSantis won the Gen Z vote (Proud of my people. lol). He did well with Millenials too. Boomers and Gen X seal the deal for Trump. They watch Fox News, so probably not surprising.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

This is not an attack on those people who voted for Trump, but because this is shocking to me, you guys need to make sense of these few things for me.

1. Trump puts a "God made Trump" video. He still wins more than 50% of evangelicals.

2. Kim Reynolds' heartbeat bill is extremely popular in IA, and Trump said it is "terrible." No effect.

3. He said he wants to build a billion-dollar building for the FBI in D.C. People in IA hate the swamp, but still no effect on his vote total.

And many of the people that voted for him were not MAGA. The reason I thought DeSantis would come close is because he's done EVERY SINGLE THING that the people of IA want to be done. But they still voted for the person who promised them in 16 to secure the border, cut spending, drain the swamp, end birthright citizenship, deport illegal aliens... and didn't deliver on any of these.

I assume you’re young and actually pay attention to policy? 

it doesn’t matter. People don’t pay attention to it - and when they do, they get it wrong. 

on the other side, the amount of shit that Joe Biden has gotten done policy wise that a majority of Dems say they want is astronomical - and incredible considering the makeup of Congress. 

and yes, Palestine is making him unpopular (not that the DSA understands that issue), but if it wasn’t Palestine..it would be something else. 

people don’t want good policies, they want charisma and theater. 

36 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

I assume you’re young and actually pay attention to policy? 

it doesn’t matter. People don’t pay attention to it - and when they do, they get it wrong. 

on the other side, the amount of shit that Joe Biden has gotten done policy wise that a majority of Dems say they want is astronomical - and incredible considering the makeup of Congress. 

and yes, Palestine is making him unpopular (not that the DSA understands that issue), but if it wasn’t Palestine..it would be something else. 

people don’t want good policies, they want charisma and theater. 

Yes I do.

I think that may be true for some other young folks as well. Some people on twitter were saying that when they talk to young conservatives, they hear about policies. But it's not the same when they talk to boomers. And yes, it you're looking for entertainment and fun, no one does it better than Trump. No denying that. He's good at that.

I saw some of the hypothetical polls for dem primary as well. Biden was destroying everyone there. Biden is gonna win even if he's unpopular with a certain section of liberals because of Palestine, granted Trump is the nominee. When they'll look at other option, they'll probably choose him.

Btw, it seems that you like Biden a lot. If I ask you who is/are your personal Favorite President(s) of your life time, what would you say?

Edited by Hamza Tufail

A bad thing for DeSantis is that SC and a bunch of other states are also open primaries. Dems can come and vote. I don't think that's a good thing. Why rep allow Dems to influence the vote?

In NH there are only 26 delegates. So it doesn't matter that much. Then Nevada where it's basically DeSantis Vs Trump because Haley isn't on the ballot. Then comes SC. It is VERY important. In 16, Trump won all 50 delegates. If he wins again, it's over. If it's divided, it's still a slim chance for DeSantis. If somehow DeSantis wins, it's game on

Biden is the first president that has directly helped me. 

generally I want policies that help people, and I’m understanding when I’m not in the group that is helped, as long as it’s helping someone. (The child credit for instance, or the free school lunches) 

but for the first time with a President, there are multiple policies that have/will benefit me..significantly so..(Fixing PSLF, the used electric car credit, SAVE) when it’s all said and done, his policies are probably going to put about 10,000 in my bank account throughout his presidency. 

so obviously I like Biden. 😂

I think my frustration with Dems (and it’s mostly DSA) is that he has achieved significant policy changes that Dems say they want, and yet it’s always not good enough. and, imo it’s because he’s boring and he’s not selling unicorns. 

is Joe my favorite? No. I like Bill and Obama more, personally. Is he the best president I’ve had in my lifetime? Policy wise, absolutely, but he has the ability to put in place policies that Bill didn’t because of the political makeup of the country.

Obama, I feel, did an overall good job..but he compounded the mistakes Bush made in education, and I work in education..so I’m a little mad about it. 😂

46 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Yes I do.

I think that may be true for some other young folks as well. Some people on twitter were saying that when they talk to young conservatives, they hear about policies. But it's not the same when they talk to boomers. And yes, it you're looking for entertainment and fun, no one does it better than Trump. No denying that. He's good at that.

I saw some of the hypothetical polls for dem primary as well. Biden was destroying everyone there. Biden is gonna win even if he's unpopular with a certain section of liberals because of Palestine, granted Trump is the nominee. When they'll look at other option, they'll probably choose him.

Btw, it seems that you like Biden a lot. If I ask you who is/are your personal Favorite President(s) of your life time, what would you say?

• Like 2