Taylor Swift Fan Thread

bswanson

No they went on sale when I was in the middle of taking an exam. I don’t think I would have bought one anyway because I already own a physical (unsigned) copy, it would feel like buying the same thing twice, even if it would be cool to have a signed copy. But I went to check the website out of curiosity and they were sold out already. I read someone said they had one in their cart and it sold out so they probably sold out in like 10 minutes and I don’t think I would have been able to get one even if I wanted one.

And they’re only available in certain indie music shops so unless you live near one (which I don’t) you won’t be able to find it. A lot of people probably also bought a ton of copies and are reselling them at inflated prices. 

On 8/25/2020 at 12:48 PM, *Laci said:

I was able to snag one of the limited signed cds from her website. :omg: :heartbounce:

Did anyone else get one of find one in person? 

No, I never get that chance. :( Always sold out before I get there.

They are offering an exclusive blanket for Capital One members with free shipping! I maybe would have preferred a different photo on the blanket but since I wasn't able to snag a blanket for the Lover era (my god I wanted that blanket so much and it sold out lol) and it was only $10 with free shipping, I figured that was a steal so I ordered one! I just hope they don't come out 2 days from now with another blanket that I would have liked better. :/

2 hours ago, taylorkat said:

I hope she wins some VMAs today!

hope she does, but it doesnt look like shes going, and if what I read is true, only winners attened, so if someone isnt there they arent winning, then again with many staying home she could win, but i wonder if she would accept from home

Swift albums, moreover, have spent a cumulative 46 weeks atop the Billboard 200 chart. She ties Whitney Houston for most weeks at #1 among female artists.

“folklore” also becomes the fifth Swift album to spend at least six weeks at #1. Only The Beatles spent at least six weeks at #1 with more than five separate albums (twelve, in fact).

In addition to celebrating the US success, Republic Records notes that the album is nearing 3 million worldwide consumption units (album sales or equivalent units from track sales or track streams) and 2 billion streams. It has not even been available for two months.

I feel like Black is King is probably going to take those categories, especially for Best Music Film. Miss Americana wasn’t really that much about music, it was a documentary. And while I like Only the Young it’s nowhere near being one of her best songs. I don’t think it would win anything honestly. 

That being said, Folklore 100% deserves something, especially AOTY. As somebody who actually understands why rep and Lover didn’t win, I 100% think folklore actually deserves to win AOTY. 

On 9/18/2020 at 11:41 PM, BogoGog24 said:

That being said, Folklore 100% deserves something, especially AOTY. As somebody who actually understands why rep and Lover didn’t win, I 100% think folklore actually deserves to win AOTY. 

I think folklore will definitely snag an AOTY nom and has a great shot at winning. It’s by far her highest-rated album on Metacritic with an 88 rating and received universal acclaim from the critics.

(This is an amazing rating, especially considering none of her other albums broke 80, and I choose to ignore the overzealous twitter stans who had a meltdown every time a critic’s score wasn’t a 90 or above. :haha: )

Edited by *Amanda