DWTS Ireland: General Discussion

Ariel1989

They are starting to reveal couples now! Glenda has Robert.

Here are the likely partnerships based on spoilers and process of elimination:

Aidan & Emily

Brian & Laura

Fr. Ray & Kylee

Glenda & Robert

Lottie & Pasquale

Michael & Karen

Ryan & Giulia

? & John

? & Kai

? & Ryan

? & Stephen

Edit: Lottie is confirmed to be with Pasquale and Ryan with Giulia!

Edited by Ariel1989

Yewande & Stephen!

Michael & Karen confirmed

So looks like John has Mary.

Here's what seems to be all the couples based on announcements and spoilers:

Aidan Fogarty & Emily Barker (seen rehearsing together)

Brian Dowling & Laura Nolan (seen rehearsing together)

Glenda Gilson & Robert Rowiński (confirmed)

Graianne Gallanagh & Kai Widdrington (confirmed)

Lottie Ryan & Pasquale La Rocca (confirmed)

Mary Kennedy & John Nolan (by process of elimination)

Michael Carruth & Karen Byrne (confirmed)

Fr. Ray Kelly & Kylee Vincent (spoiled by Fr. Ray)

Ryan Andrews & Giulia Dotta (confirmed)

Sinéad O’Carroll & Ryan McShane (confirmed)

Yewande Biala & Stephen Vincent (confirmed)

Ariel was spot on with all of the couples, which are all now officially revealed and all their promo shots are revealed too!! :w00t: So I want to post those!

IPB Image

Aidan & Emily

IPB Image

Brian & Laura

IPB Image

Glenda & Robert

IPB Image

Grainne & Kai

IPB Image

Lottie & Pasquale

IPB Image

Mary & John

IPB Image

Michael & Karen

IPB Image

Fr. Ray & Kylee

IPB Image

Ryan & Giulia

IPB Image

Sinéad & Ryan

IPB Image

Yewande & Stephen

The costumes are often recycled from the previous series of Strictly, Karen's gold dress was worn by Nadiya for her Quickstep with David James:

Glenda's dress is Michelle's Cha-Cha dress:

Grainne is in Emma Weymouth's Cha-Cha dress:

Lottie in what I think is Saffron's Cha-Cha dress:

Edited by Ariel1989

• 2 weeks later...

Spoilers for Week 1:

Men are dancing this week, women next week.

Men's dances and music:

Aidan Fogarty & Emily Barker: Jive to "Tiger Feet" by New Hope Club

Brian Dowling & Laura Nolan: Salsa to "Juice" by Lizzo

Michael Carruth & Karen Byrne: American Smooth to "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" by Dropkick Murphys

Fr. Ray Kelly & Kylee Vincent: Foxtrot to "Spirit in the Sky" by Doctor and the Medics

Ryan Andrews & Giulia Dotta: Cha-Cha-Cha to "If I Can't Have You" by Shawn Mendes

Thoughts:

Some good songs and styles. Funny how the Lizzo and Shawn Mendes are being used in now three DWTS/Strictly shows in a row.

The Jive should fit Aidan pretty well, he has the athleticism and stamina for it and Emily's Jive with Johnny last year was really energetic and amazing so I'm guessing the same for Aidan.

Brian seems to be a good mover so he should do well in Salsa. Curious to see how Laura does choreographing Latin, she's competed mainly in standard ballroom.

American Smooth in Week 1 is a big WTF? I don't think Karen stands a chance this year with Michael.

Just like on Strictly, there's a first dance with a song that hints to the star's profession. Poor Kylee, her first year and Fr. Ray is REALLY low in the current odds to win. I don't see his dancing changing it unless Kylee is a miracle worker.

I'm really excited for Ryan & Giulia, mainly because Giulia has a chance this year, and their song was used by this year's DWTS and Strictly runner-ups so let's hope it has the same or even better luck for them as it did for Kel & Witney and Karim & Amy!

Looking forward to Sunday, hopefully I can find a working livestream by then!

Ugh not again! First Gorka, then AJ, Curtis, Giovanni and now Ryan :'( What is with all these male dancers getting attacked? Hope Ryan is truly okay like he says. I hope it's like the past three series with the male celebs dancing first so Ryan has more time to heal before his first dance with Sinead.

What the heck? :ermm: :| :| :| Wasn't Pasha also attacked or robbed or something like that? Gah what is going on in the UK and Ireland? But yeah I really hope Ryan is okay. It would suck for him having to sit out of the season and not dance with Sinead, like Curtis not dancing with Holly. :(

Spoilers for Week 1:

Men are dancing this week, women next week.

Men's dances and music:

Aidan Fogarty & Emily Barker: Jive to "Tiger Feet" by New Hope Club

Brian Dowling & Laura Nolan: Salsa to "Juice" by Lizzo

Michael Carruth & Karen Byrne: American Smooth to "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" by Dropkick Murphys

Fr. Ray Kelly & Kylee Vincent: Foxtrot to "Spirit in the Sky" by Doctor and the Medics

Ryan Andrews & Giulia Dotta: Cha-Cha-Cha to "If I Can't Have You" by Shawn Mendes

Thoughts:

Some good songs and styles. Funny how the Lizzo and Shawn Mendes are being used in now three DWTS/Strictly shows in a row.

The Jive should fit Aidan pretty well, he has the athleticism and stamina for it and Emily's Jive with Johnny last year was really energetic and amazing so I'm guessing the same for Aidan.

Brian seems to be a good mover so he should do well in Salsa. Curious to see how Laura does choreographing Latin, she's competed mainly in standard ballroom.

American Smooth in Week 1 is a big WTF? I don't think Karen stands a chance this year with Michael.

Just like on Strictly, there's a first dance with a song that hints to the star's profession. Poor Kylee, her first year and Fr. Ray is REALLY low in the current odds to win. I don't see his dancing changing it unless Kylee is a miracle worker.

I'm really excited for Ryan & Giulia, mainly because Giulia has a chance this year, and their song was used by this year's DWTS and Strictly runner-ups so let's hope it has the same or even better luck for them as it did for Kel & Witney and Karim & Amy!

Looking forward to Sunday, hopefully I can find a working livestream by then!

Thanks for posting these songs/styles spoilers! :w00t:

LOL that is hilarious how “Juice” and “If I Can’t Have You” are both used again. :haha: Thankfully I love both of those songs. And Brian and Ryan are my pre-series faves on the men side so I’m still looking forward to their dances the most.

Ooh i like the hopefulness you have for Aidan and the Jive. Athletes are so hard to predict but I would also think the Jive would be a good fit for him.

Lol yeah I have not much hope at all for Michael or Fr. Ray.

And lmao you mentioning the runner-up comments to the “If I Can’t Have You” is a good one to spot. I’m guessing Ryan & Giulia will be runner-ups then. :haha:

Yayyy the premiere episode is tomorrow! :w00t: It comes on 6:30 Ireland time, which is 1:30 EST and well you can all figure out which times work best for your time zones from there. :haha:

This should be the stream link, which I used to watch last year’s shows: https://www.firstonetv.live/Live/Ireland/RTÉ-One-2

And the vimeo channel where I hope this person will upload tis year’s dances on: https://vimeo.com/user46810372

Yayyy the premiere episode is tomorrow! :w00t: It comes on 6:30 Ireland time, which is 1:30 EST and well you can all figure out which times work best for your time zones from there. :haha:

This should be the stream link, which I used to watch last year’s shows: https://www.firstonetv.live/Live/Ireland/RTÉ-One-2

And the vimeo channel where I hope this person will upload tis year’s dances on: https://vimeo.com/user46810372

Thanks Wally. I found the person who uploads the dances on Digital Spy and they said they will try to upload this week. It's all in the DWTS Ireland thread. I also clicked on the stream link and it says it's no longer working.

Also tomorrow is the premiere of the new Dancing On Ice season. There's an ITV livestream on the same site that has the Strictly livestream so I'm going to check it out for the first time! James Jordan won last year.

Edited by Ariel1989

Thanks Wally. I found the person who uploads the dances on Digital Spy and they said they will try to upload this week. It's all in the DWTS Ireland thread. I also clicked on the stream link and it says it's no longer working.

Also tomorrow is the premiere of the new Dancing On Ice season. There's an ITV livestream on the same site that has the Strictly livestream so I'm going to check it out for the first time! James Jordan won last year.

You're welcome. Ooh wow really? Yayy that's great and I'm glad they will be uploading the dances there. Ooh ugh it doesn't work? Dangg it. >.

Oooh yes, DOI premieres and I believe both shows come on at the same time. I wish I followed last year's series because there were a lot of celebs I knew on there (a lot for a British show). It's harder for me to get into DOI but hmm may consider giving it a shot.

Week 1 scores….

Ryan & Giulia - Cha-Cha: 6/7/8 = 21

Aidan & Emily - Jive: 5/6/7 = 18

Brian & Laura - Salsa: 5/5/6 = 16

Michael & Karen - American Smooth - 3/4/5 = 12

Fr. Ray & Kylee - Foxtrot: 2/2/4 = 8

Looking forward to Aidan, Ryan and Brian's dances. No surprises at Ryan scoring the best as I expected him to be the best male. I did expect Brian to score better than Aidan, so that one surprises me. :o Expected that Bottom 2. YIKESSS @ Father Ray getting an 8. OMGAW. :dead:

Father Ray tying Master P's legendary lowest score ever on the American version. :dead:

I will be doing the same thing I did for last season and combining the guys and girls into one round, so the best routine game won't be up until next weekend. (!)

Father Ray tying Master P's legendary lowest score ever on the American version. :dead:

I will be doing the same thing I did for last season and combining the guys and girls into one round, so the best routine game won't be up until next weekend. (!)

Oooh yayy that sounds great to me! :w00t:

And maybe I will run another Rate the Routines game, if there's interest from you all for that! :o ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

It’s so hard finding DWTSIrl media throughout the last week. :haha: But I was able to find this link: https://www.instagram.com/claire_h_scd/

It has everyone’s dances except Yewande’s, but hopefully hers get uploaded there or somewhere else. A few links have the dances/judges comments and intros and some just have the dances. It’s best to watch the dances in full screen.

I would probably rank the dances as….

Week 1:

1. Ryan & Giulia - Cha-Cha

2. Aidan & Emily - Jive

3. Brian & Laura - Salsa

4. Michael & Karen - American Smooth

5. Fr. Ray & Kylee - Foxtrot

Week 2:

1. Sinéad & Ryan - American Smooth

2. Lottie & Pasquale - Jive

3. Grainne & Kai - Tango

4. Glenda & Robert - Cha-Cha

5. Yewande & Stephen - Salsa

6. Mary & John- Foxtrot

Based on everyone’s first dances I would say the standouts were: Lottie, Ryan and Sinéad. Then I would say Aidan, Brian, Grainne and Glenda all have potential. Should be a good season, so looking forward to ow it all progresses.

Thanks for the link, Wally. :hug:

Some thoughts:

-Seeing Fr. Ray's dance, I totally understand the 8. :dead: Michael is awful as well.

-Looks like "If I Can't Have You" and "Juice" are the It songs of the moment, being used on 3 different versions of the show so far. :giggle:

-Glad to see Giulia with someone decent this time after she was saddled with Fred last year.

-Sinéad is by far the best. I totally see her being the It Girl of the season.

I will have the +/- game up after the forum upgrade. ^_^

Edited by gabegir45

Week 3 Songs + Styles revealed! :w00t:

Aidan & Emily - Foxtrot 'Half the World Away' Oasis

Brian & Laura - American Smooth 'Dance Monkey' Tones & I

Grainne & Kai - Jive 'Dear Future Husband' Meghan Trainor

Glenda & Robert - Waltz 'I Never Loved a Man' The Commitments

Lotti & Pasquale - Contemporary Ballroom ‘Castles' Freya Ridings

Mary & John - Salsa 'Ran Kan Kan' Luis Lema

Michael & Karen - Samba 'It's Not Unusual' Tom Jones

Fr Ray & Kylee - Cha Cha - 'Save the Last Dance for Me' Michael Buble

Ryan & Giulia - Tango 'Bad Guy' Billie Eilish

Sinead & Ryan - Paso Doble 'El Gato Montes' Arielle Dombasle

Yewande & Vincent - Viennese waltz 'Lover' Taylor Swift

Thoughts:

- An American Smooth to 'Dance Monkey' seems like a rare combo.

- Kinda surprised at Lottie having a Contemporary Ballroom this soon but should be a great dance for her.

- Love “bad guy” for a Tango and happy that Ryan has that combo. Although it’s interesting how he now has a same song/style combo that Karim and Kelvin had on SCD.

- Also looking forward to Sinead’s Paso, Grainne’s Jive.

- Ooh interesting at Yewande getting the Lover Viennese Waltz.

- Yikes this is going to be a really bad week for the party Latin dances with Mary, Michael and Fr Ray dancing the Party Latin styles, coming in with #lowstandards. “It's Not Unusual” seems weird for a Samba but the other two songs work for those styles

- All in all, it seems like everyone has completely different character type dances, and couples that had Latin have ballroom, couples that had ballroom have Latin…so that’s great everyone will have done a Latin and ballroom before the first elimination.

Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7X8Udsn5sc/

Thanks for the link, Wally. :hug:

Some thoughts:

-Seeing Fr. Ray's dance, I totally understand the 8. :dead: Michael is awful as well.

-Looks like "If I Can't Have You" and "Juice" are the It songs of the moment, being used on 3 different versions of the show so far. :giggle:

-Glad to see Giulia with someone decent this time after she was saddled with Fred last year.

-Sinéad is by far the best. I totally see her being the It Girl of the season.

I will have the +/- game up after the forum upgrade. ^_^

You're welcome! :D And agreed with your thoughts!

Yay, can't wait for it!

I’ve just seen Ray scored 6/30 this week omg :dead:

Yewande also scored 12 so I’m nervous for her in these early weeks. I thought she got a little underscored for her Salsa and it sounds like she got pretty tough critiques for the VW.