Normani Appreciation Thread

jdanton2

5 hours ago, istersay said:

supposedly some leaks?

should not be surprising since she has recorded so many songs that will probably never be released.

Normani doing something with Nike.

Edited by jdanton2
  • Like 1

from the atrl base

Motivation93 said:
"@WheresJay @Modus plz take us outta the drought .. can we expect at least a single this august?"

WheresJay:

"No idea. I’ve taken a big step back and haven’t been checking my sources at all lately. Hopefully they let her do something soon. "

if she doesn't release in aug. then I don't know what to think, I thought they would be announcing something by the end of july :unsure:

1 hour ago, istersay said:

from the atrl base

Motivation93 said:
"@WheresJay @Modus plz take us outta the drought .. can we expect at least a single this august?"

WheresJay:

"No idea. I’ve taken a big step back and haven’t been checking my sources at all lately. Hopefully they let her do something soon. "

if she doesn't release in aug. then I don't know what to think, I thought they would be announcing something by the end of july :unsure:

that did not sound very encouraging. at least the Calvin Harris collab is coming in 11 days. maybe they are waiting till after that is released and before the VMAs on August 28th.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

that did not sound very encouraging. at least the Calvin Harris collab is coming in 11 days. maybe they are waiting till after that is released and before the VMAs on August 28th.

she tweeted, but it's not very specific, just that she's working hard, what does that mean, her song is done, just release it

39 minutes ago, istersay said:

32 minutes ago, istersay said:

wonder if there will be a video for that, why did he wait until Beyonce released though?

a week before the album but the same day as  Beyonce. wish they had waited to album release week .

Edited by jdanton2

14 hours ago, istersay said:

Gold demo leaked

ok song though not as good as songs that she has released.

3 nominations. hope for a performance.2 of the categories you can not vote in only the r&b one is fan voting.

• Like 1

Calvin collab is out .Normani sings the chorus.supposedly a video is coming as well.

so far charting in 1 country.

New To You

iTunes:
Edited by jdanton2
  • Like 1

thought this would be doing a little better . most likely not going to be a single.

New To You

Apple Music:
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

Calvin collab is out .Normani sings the chorus.supposedly a video is coming as well.

so far charting in 1 country.

New To You

iTunes:

I like it, after all it's Calvin Harris song and maybe it can reach #1 in the UK.

I just don't understand why he is releasing a new single every two weeks. The song with JT and Halsey just came out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

thought this would be doing a little better . most likely not going to be a single.

New To You

Apple Music:

thought it would do better too, maybe it'll grow on people, and a video would help

New To You

iTunes:

Apple Music:

1 hour ago, Camren said:

I like it, after all it's Calvin Harris song and maybe it can reach #1 in the UK.

I just don't understand why he is releasing a new single every two weeks. The song with JT and Halsey just came out.

It has a good sound, but yeah, he's releasing a lot of stuff, reminds me of when Ed did that when SOTB was rekeased

Calvin's album was released yesterday . the Normani song New To You  was one of the top songs on Spotify from the US and UK. that is out of 13  songs on the album though actually 14 since one song has 2 versions.   .numbers from atrl.

Spotify

US

#41 Obsessed - 448,279
#52 Stay With Me - 404,536
#93 Potion - 322,446
#179 New to You - 252,644
UK
#7 Stay With Me - 261,190
#32 Potion - 135,244
#52 Obsessed - 111,179
#181 New To You - 60,682

Spotify numbers are  not up to date here.

New To You

Edited by jdanton2
  • Like 1

what does this mean?

Translated from Portuguese by
GI | Normani's hairdresser used #Candypaint in her latest Instagram post and responded to a comment.

Translation:
 “I see “ #CandynotmPaint ”… Is that what we are thinking? Is coming?"

"Stay tuned"

Capture.JPG.a9280c31545e5bcc9e44d31b7ae5349d.JPG

1 hour ago, istersay said:

oh I thought it was already out 😕

several songs were released ahead of the album which was finally released yesterday.

33 minutes ago, istersay said:

what does this mean?

Translated from Portuguese by
GI | Normani's hairdresser used #Candypaint in her latest Instagram post and responded to a comment.

Translation:
 “I see “ #CandynotmPaint ”… Is that what we are thinking? Is coming?"

"Stay tuned"

there has been speculation it is coming the 19th so if it is we could get an announcement this coming week. not getting my hopes up though.

edit

numbers from atrl. 4th most streamed.

6,930,570 unfiltered streams yesterday

Intro - 228 026
New Money - 426 779
Potion - 1 156 152
Woman Of The Year - 311 380
Obsessed - 1 233 654
New to You - 654 744
Ready or Not - 244 404
Stay With Me - 1 299 002
Stay With Me (Part 2) - 228 051