21. Pinocchio

22. Dumbo

24. Lady and the Tramp

25. The Jungle Book

27. Moana

28. The Princess and the Frog

30. Incredibles 2

My #29 needs to show up :thumbsdown:

Some choices there but you're doing pretty good... My #30 needs to show up too!

18. ALICE IN WONDERLAND (1951)
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Wallace - 5/30
Public - 10/30
Dee - 12/30
Denise - 15/30
Victoria - 21/30
Diana - 22/30
Elliott - 27/30
Chris - 30/30

WALLACE
Alice in Wonderland (1951)
I am ranking Alice in Wonderland at #5, as it’s definitely a big favorite of mine and a movie I loved watching when I was younger. A part of me wants to rank it higher than this but I’m still struggling with ranking films at this point too. Alice in Wonderland was released on July 1951 and grossed $5.6 million - which sounds absolutely insane to me because the film is such a classic or so it seems that way to me.

Alice in Wonderland is about a young girl named Alice, who starts off feeling very bored but wants to explore and live a life of adventure of herself going to a riverbank. Alice explores this adventure and meets a White Rabbit who is on a mission to go to this date that he is very late to. White Rabbit enters his rabbit hole, which Alice follows him into. She’s stuck and can’t enter a tiny door he does as she’s too big and has to drink some kind of potion that shrinks her. As she does that, she starts crying massively, and there’s a scene of her huge tears coming through. Alice eventually meets up with other characters such as Tweedledum and Tweedledee.

I won’t explain too much more, but it’s a great fun film that you all should watch - and I should watch it more recently too. But here’s a trailer.

KLIqErnQCuw

PUBLIC

Alex
Alice in Wonderland - Remember that terrifying remake with Johnny Depp and Anne Hathaway? I spend every single day trying to wipe that from my mind. Also this level in Kingdom Hearts where the bizarre room keeps changing and those fat heartless beat the sh*t out of me?? KEEP IT!

DEE
To be added.

DENISE
Alice in Wonderland

IPB ImageIPB Image

Alice isn't technically considered a Disney princess, but she should be and she's certainly one of my favorite Disney girls. She's got a huge imagination and is one of the few Disney girls whose story has nothing to do with a love interest. The plot takes off when Alice's sister bores her into wonderland. :giggle: Alice dreams of her own world where, "Everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And what it is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would." :wub:

IPB ImageIPB Image

The best! :giggle: And speaking of, her kitty, Dinah, is so adorable. I especially love how she tries to tell Alice about the White Rabbit, so actually maybe DINAH is the reason behind this whole story!

But regardless, Alice follows the White Rabbit, falls down the rabbit hole, and ends up in a crazy world where nothing is as it should be. I love how when she falls down the hole, she grabs a book along the way. :haha: It sure was that longest fall ever. And this is the most whimsical movie and cast of characters I can think of. :wub: Alice is forever shrinking and blowing up throughout the movie, and gets into lots of trouble along her way to follow that rabbit. She turns into a giant inside his house, attends the mad tea party where they are celebrating the unbirthdays, and finds her life being threatened by the Queen of Hearts. Alice was just too obsessed with knowing where that rabbit was going. :dead: It's not that serious, Alice. But I'm glad it was to her. She showed a lot of emotion too, like when she first entered Wonderland and cried herself a river of her own tears... same.

IPB Image

Then she had a breakdown later on in the movie, poor girl. <3 She kept going though. It's unfortunate so many of the creatures were scared of her or thought she was a monster. But my favorite she met was the Cheshire cat, of course. :wub:

IPB Image

Alice eventually wakes up from what was all a dream, which is disappointing... but maybe not because she needed to get out of there!

But her wonderland is truly extraordinary and made for such a fun movie that I love to revisit. <3 I feel like Alice is really relatable, as well, with her big imagination, determination, and sense of wonder. The movie is super creative and full of such memorable characters, including the White Rabbit, Cheshire Cat, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, Tweedledum and Tweedeldee, and obviously Alice. There are so many things about Alice in Wonderland that I love.

VICTORIA
Alice in Wonderland

IPB Image

Let me start off by saying this film is a tad on the overrated side. I liked it as a kid but it seems to have grown a cult following with the help of Hot Topic. It's like the one Disney film goths and hipsters allow themselves to like. :giggle: The movie is aesthetically up their wheelhouse so I get it. It's just never been one of my favorites. The lack of music as a kid was jarring too. I'm used to Disney movies having songs. :'( At least as a kid anyway. So yeah, this one is a cult classic but not one of my all-time favorites.

Alice in Wonderland is a 1951 American animated musical fantasy-adventure film produced by Walt Disney Productions and based on the Alice books by Lewis Carroll. I think a lot of us know that this was based on a book by Lewis Carroll. It's the lucky number 13 release of Disney's animated features. The film premiered in London on July 26, 1951 and in New York City on July 28, 1951. Walt Disney first attempted unsuccessfully to adapt Alice into an animated feature film during the 1930s, and he revived the idea in the 1940s. The film was originally intended to be a live-action/animated film however, Disney decided to make it an all-animated feature in 1946. The film was considered a flop on its initial release leading to Walt Disney showing it on television as one of the first episodes of his TV series Disneyland. It was eventually re-released in theaters which proved to be massively successful.

The film follows as Alice as she is with her sister. Alice is is very bored and expresses her want of adventure while her sister reads. Alice sees a White Rabbit shouting that he is "very late for a very important date." She chases him into a large rabbit hole. The White Rabbit leaves through a tiny door. The doorknob tells Alice to shrink so she can fit through. She drinks a bottled marked "Drink Me" so she does. She turns small but now needs the key she left on the table. So she eats the cookies marked "Eat Me" which causes her to grow large. She cries an ocean of tears and drinks more from the bottle that allows her to float out through the keyhole. She continues to As she continues to follow the Rabbit, she meets numerous characters including The Dodo and Tweedledum and Tweedledee who tell the tale of "The Walrus and the Carpenter".

Alice follows the White Rabbit to his house. She eats another "Eat Me" cookie and grows large again. She gets stuck in the house and thinking she is a monster the White Rabbit brings the Dodo to help get rid of her. The Dodo decides on burning the house down. Alice manages to escape by eating a carrot from Rabbit's garden and it causes her to shrink three inches tall. She continues to follow the White Rabbit and along the way she meets a garden of flowers who welcome her with a song and a caterpillar. The garden of flowers mistake her for a weed and order her to leave while the caterpillar becomes angry at Alice's current height and he turns into a butterfly. He advises her to eat a piece of his mushroom. She does and she returns to her original height. She continues to follow the rabbit. AL THE THIS FOR A WHITE RABBIT. :dead:

In the woods she meets probably the most popular character in the movie, Cheshire Cat. He advises her to visit the Mad Hatter or the March Hare to find out where the Rabbit is. She finds both having a tea party. They are celebrating their UNBIRTHDAYS. A song I remember in this film. :wub: The White Rabbit appears as she prepares to leave. The rabbit says he is late and the Hatter attempts fix it by filling it with food and tea which breaks it. The Rabbit says that the watch was an unbirthday present and the Mad Hatter and the March Hare sing "The Unbirthday Song" to him before throwing him back into the woods. Alice decides to go back home as she is fed up with the nonsense. Her surroundings have completely changed and she gets lost. Thinking she is lost forever she sits on a rock a sobs. The Cheshire Cat reappears and advises Alice to ask the Queen of Hearts for directions home. WHAT A MISTAKE THEY WILL BE.

Alice finds the Queen playing croquet. The Cat appears again and plays a trick on the Queen causing her to fall over. The Cat disappears in time to make it look like Alice was the prankster, but before the Queen can order her execution, the King suggests a trial. At the trial the Mad Hatter, March Hare, and Dormouse are called to the stand as witnesses. The Queen orders Alice's execution so Alice eats pieces of the mushroom to grow large again. The King and Queen order her to leave the courthouse, but she refuses and insults the Queen. She returns to normal size and the Queen orders her execution. Alice runs way where she reaches the small door she encountered at the beginning. She finds herself asleep outside. She yells at herself to wake up and she does thanks to her sister. They return home for tea and the movie is over. WHAT A PSYCHEDELIC TRIP THAT MOVIE WAS. :wub: The two songs I remember from this movie are below.

BwtgLzp3tbI
req3inDZruI
[YOUTUBE]4dZH9a67SZE[/YOUTUBE]

The film was critically panned on its initial release, but it has since been regarded as one of Disney's greatest animated classics, notably one of the biggest cult classics. The movie cost $3 million and made $5.6 million at the box office. The film has a 81% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The films characters are some of the most beloved. Their is a tea cup ride at Disneyland that is based on the Mad Tea Party. An animated project based on the the Cheshire Cat is being developed for Disney+. The merchandising for this film is out of this world which has in part made it so popular. A live-action version, Alice in Wonderland, was released in 2010,. It was directed by Tim Burton and received mixed reviews but gross over a billion dollars. A sequel, Alice Through the Looking Glass, was released in 2016 to generally negative reviews. The sequel wasn't directed by Tim Burton and under performed greatly.

DIANA
22. Alice in Wonderland
I am sorry it is ruined forever by Johnny Depp so I can’t even watch the original now.

ELLIOTT
27. Alice in Wonderland (1951)
YI4m-l2yRZA
Mln9G8TU-Nw

Wrong version I know, but Tim Burton's version is lowkey the only film adaption of this story I've really enjoyed. Even if it's ruined by J*hnny D*pp's presence.

CHRIS
IPB Image
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Alice In Wonderland is a movie inspired by Lewis Carroll’s book series known as “Alice” – Walt, himself, tried to adapt the book into the movie during multiple occasions but it was not until 1951 that the project saw light. Upon its release, Alice in Wonderland was considered a flop which prompt to re-release the movie which helped the franchise become a success story through merchandise and home video releases, and a live-action remake of it in 2010.

And as you can see, Alice doesn’t find herself in wonderland on my ranking – instead, she finds herself at the precious #30 placement. Why is that? Despite having some well-recognizable characters (e.g.: Mad Hatter, the Cheshire Cat, Queen of Hearts and Alice, herself), the movie itself is one that I could care less for. There’s truly nothing appealing about the movie beside the storyline – I’ve probably only seen the movie twice which is why I have the movie ranked low on my ranking.

Diana almost have all of her Bottom 10 revealed;

Chris:

04. Mary Poppins

13. The Princess and the Frog

15. Moana

16. Sleeping Beauty

18. Lady and the Tramp

19. A Bug's Life

22. Pinocchio

24. The Jungle Book

25. Dumbo

26. Bambi