SCD Series 22 Discussion Thread

Returning cast members have finally been announced so figured it was time to start a thread for Series 22!

Hosts

Tess Daly

Claudia Winkleman

Judges

Craig Revel Horwood

Motsi Mabuse

Shirley Ballas

Anton du Beke

Pro Dancers

Amy Dowden

Carlos Gu

Dianne Buswell

Gorka Márquez

Graziano Di Prima

Johannes Radebe

Jowita Przystał

Kai Widdrington

Karen Hauer

Katya Jones

Lauren Oakley

Luba Mushtuk

Michelle Tsiakkas

Nadiya Bychkova

Nancy Xu

Neil Jones

Nikita Kuzmin

Vito Coppola

Not returning is Giovanni Pernice, likely due to the bad press surrounding his partnership with Amanda Abbington.  

Since there are now 10 female pros and 8 male pros with Amy’s return and Giovanni’s departure, I could see them evening it out by adding at least two new male pros (maybe one if Amy’s not up to dancing in the pro numbers yet).  Maybe Simone Arena from Ireland if they’re open to hiring significant others of current pros again (he’s Michelle’s boyfriend).  

Thanks for posting this thread, Ariel!

I was wondering when the 2024 cast announcement, specifically the pros, would be announced. This is such a late announcement compared to previous years. Not surprised that Giovanni isn't returning as it seemed inevitable that he wouldn't. Gah that's such a shame for him to leave the show in this way with how last series turned out. Not the way I expected his Strictly journey to end (if it ends like this).

Happy for the other pros though. And once again, I'm hoping and rooting for Michelle to get her chance to become a pro with a celebrity partner!

Also wow 10 female pros and 8 male pros.... lots of female pros now, it seems. :haha: I wouldn't mind there being a few more new male pros in the mix but 18 is a high enough number and don't think we really need any more addition spare pros. :haha: