Katy Perry Appreciation Thread ❤️

m1key

as we all all know, Sunday will be Katy's last show as an American Idol judge. whether you liked her as a judge or not, she definitely added a lot to the show and was very entertaining! 

if you told me in 2017 that she would judge up until 2024, i would not have believed you lol. 7 seasons is a long time (almost 2 election cycles and a global pandemic have happened since then 💀)

what are your favorite moments of Katy from her stint on the show? what will you miss about her presence on Idol? any hopes and/or predictions for her career after this? 

i'd say my Top 3 are:

- the iconic "Wig" moment from S16, which i still quote to this day idc (https://youtu.be/H7qVnjwaBTs?si=hKJzIlYK26WQ14_0

- when she ripped off her wig after Grace Kinstler and Alyssa Wray's duet in S19 Hollywood Week (https://youtu.be/iLgveRGC96M?si=ICcqpvF08UwOzvwJ)

- on a more emotional note, her emotional speech after Trey Louis' audition and story about a school shooting (https://youtu.be/zVrv8i03c2s?si=u6LiAqczEM2vxPb6)

...and much more. but im interested to hear others thoughts!

• Thanks 2

American Idol Yes GIF by Katy PerryKaty Perry Reaction GIF by American IdolKaty Perry Reaction GIF by Top Talent

I'm going to miss their friendships. This was the Idol panel for me. lol

American_Idol_S22_citytv_22_hero_1440x506.png

Also I wish they would've done another T.V. Guide cover... Idol's aged them. In good ways. lol jk

Ryan Seacrest, Katy Perry, Lionel Richie, Luke Bryan

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

I’ll miss her. She’s by far my favorite judge since Simon. I hope she’ll return to the panel one day. 

I cancelled Simon since he was lying out of his ass praising Lee's train wrecks every week. He's still the only celebrity I've ever cancelled.

Anyway, to be on topic, Katy did well promoting the brand with her Disney costumes during each Disney week.

Edited by MalwareDie
  • Like 1

"You should probably read my Wikipedia page, Noah." 💀

I suppose having a daughter also transformed Katy a lot over the years...Surely they'll acknowledge her leaving this episode. Even with Simon, they mentioned it more than once.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Looking back at Katy and Jack's duet, I was so preoccupied with nerves that I literally thought those were all photos of him. 💀 But no, they're so many different finalists from her time! Even obscure ones I think, like Liahona and Eddie Island. Awesome touch. I feel like she would've preferred they subtly talk about her exit the way they did tonight, rather than sap on it too much.

Oh, and for Abi to win as the pop diva exits? Perfecto.

Edited by NGL2008
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1