Who Sang It Best: Poll Edition (Unbreak my Heart, Something in the orange, when it rains it pours)

Hsamid

Pick one   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Unbreak my heart

2. 2. Something in the orange

3. 3. When it rains it pours

• Jake Hoot
    • Josh Sanders and Donny Van Slee

Posted (edited)

1. Both excellent performances, i dont know if anyone got the same vibe, but Asher's version felt like "unbreak my heart, or else" while Desz was more of a pleading, which is more in line with the original meaning of the song. In the end, very slight edge for Desz. Since I felt like every vocal choice served the song. But I do think Asher's was more of a vocal moment.

2. Noah Spencer

Kyle was solid, but it was a rather tame, unemotional version that lacked oomph, which this song kinda needs. Noah's raw voice and delivery just expresses the particular emotion of this song better imo. 

3. Jake Hoot

Jake just gave a more clean, precise vocal all around tbh. Meanwhile, the Josh and Donny battle, while a perfectly fine vocal, felt like pops singing with his less experienced son..

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

1. Desz. Both are really close, but Desz feels smoother for me. Like Hsamid said, Desz conveyed the meaning of the song more.

2. Noah. Kyle is fine, but it felt pale in comparison to him. He lacked grits, which are really needed for the song. Noah did more than just enough to me.

3. Jake. I'd rather hearing this song straight more than it being oversung tbh.

• Like 1

Jake’s blind is way overrated here easy vote to him

DeSz nailed every part of the song and while Asher did the same i felt like his crackly big belts didn’t work for me as much as DeSz’s

i don’t care about this song or either of the performances. vote to Kyle because he was fine from my last listen and the only thing i remember about Noah’s is that i disagreed with everyone saying he was robbed

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Jake’s blind is way overrated here easy vote to him

DeSz nailed every part of the song and while Asher did the same i felt like his crackly big belts didn’t work for me as much as DeSz’s

i don’t care about this song or either of the performances. vote to Kyle because he was fine from my last listen and the only thing i remember about Noah’s is that i disagreed with everyone saying he was robbed

Overrated? I didn't even know people had Jake on their radar or particularly cared for any of his performances before his KO tbh. I know I didn't.

Also, funnily enough Desz's high notes to end the song are my least favourite part of her performance tonally, even though it was really well done.  I cant put into words why either, since I really liked her belting in every other performance 

Edited by Hsamid

Just now, Gustavo527 said:

I think you were intended to post Noah's blind and Kyle's playoff but you posted Noah's playoff and Kyle's blind instead

Btw, those performances >> their "Something In The Orange" covers. I don't get the hype over that song, honestly 

I think Asher and Desz are similar contestants in that I like their low notes and runs better than their upper registers

• Like 1

1. I had to rewatch to make sure but my choice is Desz. Asher had the stronger vocal overall but Desz’s version felt more sincere.

2. Noah’s version handily beats Kyle’s, and also easily beats KB and Julia from this season of AI. Fantastic rendition.

3. I’d forgotten how strong Jake sounded in his Blind. He’s the easy choice. The Battle was also solid but I don’t think the pairing worked.

• Like 1