April 20th ~ Member Induction to the Opry for Scotty ~ Nashville ~ TN

I'm a little late to posting, but Saturday night was beyond words.  My hubby, Sue, Melissa, and Laura were able to go to both shows and I'm so glad that we had that opportunity to do that.  The emotions were running high in the first show before it even started for us.  Having Randy Travis there was a surprise for sure and Josh's speech was very speech was very touching.  When Josh's emotions got the best of him, then they got the best of Scotty, and the rest of us lost it too!  A very special moment.  Even though the second show started late (as in it was almost 10) and Scotty was last coming out, he was on fire singing.  The nerves were gone and he was having a blast.   At dinner, Judy asked me how many shows I had been too.  I have no idea, Sue said she thought 60 for her and I told her it was a lot!  Saturday night was the best though, nothing will top that.

• Like 8

Southern Living   (Another good read ) Based on Chat at the opry

https://www.southernliving.com/scotty-mccreery-grand-ole-opry-induction-8636608?utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2MUcy-VqTA0AmfBIJFFO-bpxYfCEWeqiyj15o-8Uivx1xOvji7MmTcaDU_aem_AWVsjpDRsuNwr5Ahhztt38suwcUM_XNHS1HEL1G1bBovxI47dQQS8lRsxFGOW43lWeTwLGZsZTcHj85_Q6Rqw2Zn

Scotty McCreery Officially Inducted Into The Grand Ole Opry

“I’m just extremely grateful, thankful, blessed to be able to have this opportunity."

• Like 2

What a night. Only one thing I feel bad about and that was not being able to get over to the ice cream event Judy had lined up. We were not sure what to expect after the 7pm show, but then we went backstage and they had a lot of people there with press talking to him, a lot of picture taking and next thing you knew it was time for 2nd show. So I apologize for us not getting over there. Just didn't realize all that would be going on. Saw many of you and glad we were able to chat, for the ones we didn't see thank you for coming. It does mean a lot that he has such supportive fans who have been there through thick and thin. And that includes those that couldn't come and maybe listened on wsmradio or were just busy. Life is busy, but all of you have supported Scotty in so many ways. It is appreciated. It was a quick trip for us. Arrived Saturday at 1pm and left Sunday morning at 11am. Too quick, but it is what it is. For anyone in the Texas area that may be thinking of going to Austin or Pasadena May 17th and 18th I'll be with him at those shows so if you go look for me, I might have Avery with me. Thanks again for supporting my son like you do. As Scotty said when he won one of his awards....McCreerians you "still" rock!!!

Edited by packman88
  • Like 8

Another awesome write up from PEOPLE 

https://people.com/scotty-mccreery-inducted-into-grand-ole-opry-8636673?taid=662734298c42f20001fa9d81&utm_campaign=peoplemagazine&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

Tears, Cheers, and Musical Heroes: Scotty McCreery Enjoys Unforgettable Opry Induction

After Garth Brooks extended the Opry invitation five months ago, Randy Travis and Josh Turner usher the North Carolina hitmaker into country's exclusive circle: "It's been a heck of a ride".............................

• Like 3

https://musicmayhemmagazine.com/scotty-mccreery-reveals-his-grand-ole-opry-mailbox-previously-belonged-to-loretta-lynn/?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR1UXsmYu6ArJF6n_QzJyiQZOcr7JU8GSoyHYSc5fvOnN5vHHGPBEfhrBGM_aem_AdYEG-1_mdMoB1JPfBlfWMMBAQc9_D45pnLC6tluXSYnwhnYtgIjd1CQPryjtU3U2L81uRNlz1xnPjKqCTpqRKMf

Scotty McCreery Reveals His Grand Ole Opry Mailbox Previously Belonged To Loretta Lynn

“It’s pretty cool to share that little piece of history with one of the country icons,” McCreery shared with Music Mayhem.

Scotty-McCreery-Opry-Mailbox-Photos-By-A

• Like 2

Journalist

@southernlivingmag Senior Digital News Editor/ Author Formerly: CNN, TalkSPORT Radio

•  

I started covering Scotty when he was just 17. Fresh off his American Idol win. I too was early on in my career. I’ve held a few different job titles in the last 13 years, moved states twice, and Scotty has continued to trust me to share his story all along the way. It was a true honor to be invited to not only be in the room where it happened when he was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry, but to also get some quiet, one on one time with him as we both reflected on what he called “a full circle moment” for both of us. This was a very special and emotional night I won’t ever forget.

Many thanks to @scottymccreery @ebiemedia @joejoeconn @thescottstem @opry

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6SnKOQMuh7/?img_index=1

• Like 3