"RISE & FALL" (album)

drdeb

24 minutes ago, ptebwwong said:

Kings of Leon's last album was 27K total including streaming. I am definitely expecting Taylor Swift to keep being #1 & Morgan Wallen to keep being #1 for country. Last week, Morgan's album was at 65K+ & he has been doing around that # for awhile. He also has a 2nd album (Dangerous) in the Top 10 that is consistently doing 40K including streaming. I would love if Scotty's album was #1 for country, but realistically I don't think it will happen.

I will be happy if Scotty's album charts in the Top 10 on Billboard Country Albums. Due to artists such as Luke Combs, Morgan Wallen, & Zach Bryan who have been consistently charting on the Billboard Albums chart for awhile, many established country artists such as Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Chris Young, etc. are not having Top 5 peaks on Billboard Country Albums anymore. Consistently in the Top 10 Billboard Country Albums chart are 3 Morgan albums, 2 Luke Combs albums, & 2 Zach Bryan albums & it has been like this for awhile now.

Agreed ... Btw, when I mentioned Kings of Leon, I was focused on today not the week. Fyi, both times I checked all genre albums this morning, he was #1 and then Scotty popped back on top shortly thereafter. 🙂

• Like 3

•  

Having a song travel from your guitar to your speakers might look like few inches but it’s a long journey of miracles that is never lost on me. I often think about moving to Nashville 20 years ago and living walking distance from where I still make music now… haven’t gone very far but wow does it feel like a long way. This song ‘hey rose’ was one of the first times I wrote on zoom in 2020 with @jeremybusseymusic and @brotherjbrunswick. I recorded a demo of it at my place that Frank Rogers shared with Scotty McReery. It didn’t make the record they were working on at the time and it sat for a while, but I always loved it. Fast forward a few years and they had a little extra time on a session for one more song. Frank Rogers, @d_e_r_e_k_w_e_l_l_s and @aaroneshuis produced a recording of this that I love and got to play acoustic guitar on, along with three other songs on this record: Lonely, And Counting, and Little More Gone, written in various combinations with Scotty, Frank, @brentandersonmusic, @jeremybusseymusic @dgfunkyfriar and Monty Criswell. I love writing songs but have often wondered what or who I’m writing them for … usually it’s just for me, but thankfully today it was for @scottymccreery. Thanks again.

• Like 2

NEW MUSIC FRIDAY🔥

“No Country For Old Men” - Scotty McCreery
Written by Brent Anderson, Monty Criswell, Derek George, Frank Rogers, Scotty McCreery
Produced by Frank Rogers, Derek Wells, Aaron Eshuis

“Fall Of Summer” - Scotty McCreery
Written by Brent Anderson, Monty Criswell, Derek George, Frank Rogers, Scotty McCreery Produced by Frank Rogers, Derek Wells, Aaron Eshuis

“And Countin’” - Scotty McCreery
Written By Jeremy Bussey, Bobby Hamrick, Frank Rogers, Scotty McCreery

“Little More Gone” - Scotty McCreery
Written by Brent Anderson, Monty Criswell, Derek George, Jeremy Bussey, Frank Rogers, Bobby Hamrick, Scotty McCreery

“Hey Rose” - Scotty McCreery
Written by Jeremy Bussey, Bobby Hamrick, Jay Brunswick

“Red Letter Blueprint” - Scotty McCreery
Written by Brent Anderson, Monty Criswell, Derek George, Jeremy Bussey, Scotty McCreery

“Lonely” - Scotty McCreery
Written by Brent Anderson, Monty Criswell, Derek George, Jeremy Bussey, Frank Rogers, Bobby Hamrick, Scotty McCreery

“Slow Dance” - Scotty McCreery
Written by Brent Anderson, Derek George, Monty Criswell, Scotty McCreery
Produced By Frank Rogers, Derek Wells, Aaron Eshuis

“Love Like This” - Scotty McCreery
Written by Frank Rogers, Aaron Eshuis, Scotty McCreery

“Cab In A Solo” - Scotty McCreery
Written by Frank Rogers, Brent Anderson, Scotty McCreery

• Like 1

Another persepctive from Rolling Stone ...The Real Scotty 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/scotty-mccreery-sings-real-country-on-rise-and-fall-1235018234/

You Don’t Know Scotty McCreery. You Only Think You Do

Once synonymous with 'American Idol,' the now 30-year-old singer makes a convincing case that he can do hard country just as well as the greats

GettyImages-2151975621-2.jpg?w=1581&h=10
  • Like 1

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sinycalone said:

Lovin Lyrics included Rhett Atkins in her tweet....but I don't see his name as a co-writer on any song.

He co wrote Stuck Behind A Tractor 

• Like 2

Another awesome review from Germany ....

https://www.country.de/2024/05/11/scotty-mccreery-rise-and-fall/

Scotty McCreery: Rise & Fall

McCreery out does himself and delivers a top class album 

McCreery outdoes himself and delivers a top-class album!

Published on May 11, 2024 by Franz-Karl Opitz i

QUOTE : ...

Conclusion : Scotty McCreery deserves huge praise for “Rise & Fall”. 13 tracks, and none of them are “filler material”, we hear ballads and rocking songs, it always sounds like real country music . The fact that the music and voice are excellent is almost a given when it comes to music from Nashville . But no country album has been so coherent, so convincing in a long time. Thank you, Scotty, and you're right: it's your best album yet.

• Like 2