drdeb

• 2 weeks later...

COUNTRY NEWS

BY KIK | APRIL 25, 2024

Scotty McCreery recalls his dad’s funny confusion over “Cab in a Solo”

SHARE:    
Xr:d:dafqf9b 3gu:84,j:7851300179399254748,t:23081818
COURTESY OF TRIPLE TIGERS RECORDS

If you were confused by the “drinking cab in a solo, solo in the cab of my truck” line in Scotty McCreery‘s latest single, you’re not alone.

That typical bafflement and follow-up reaction is actually what Scotty loves about “Cab in a Solo.”

“I’ll always love the hook on ‘Cab in a Solo,’ especially just when we sent the song out to radio [and] sent the song out to fans,” Scotty tells ABC Audio. “They see the title and they’re like, ‘What the heck is this song going to be about?’ And then they listen to it and it clicks.”

“For a lot of people, it took two or three listens for it to click and they’re like, ‘Oh,'” he shares.

Listeners and fans weren’t the only ones Scotty confused. His father also had trouble interpreting the meaning of “Cab in a Solo” at the onset.

“Even my dad was like, “So, ‘Cab in a Solo,’ it’s like cab, just like wine, right?'” And I was like, ‘Yeah.’ He’s like, ‘And solo’s just like a cup, right?’ And I’m like, ‘Yeah?’ He was like, ‘Solo, drinking by yourself in the cab, oh,'” Scotty recounts.

“It’s like, he pieced it together just [by] talking about it. It’s like, “Yeah dad, you’re right,'” shares the country star. 

“Cab in a Solo” is now #2 and approaching the peak of the country charts. You can find it on Scotty’s forthcoming fifth album, Rise & Fall, arriving May 10.

• Like 1

https://buildingourownnashville.com/2024/04/30/scotty-mccreery-lonely-single-review-new-album-rise-fall-out-may-10th/

Scotty McCreery – ‘Lonely’ – Single Review – New Album ‘Rise & Fall’ out May 10th.

Scotty McCreery is one of the few artists in country music who is still keeping a traditional sound to his style and this is one of many reasons as to why he still has such a stellar career with an incredibly loyal following!

With a new album titled Rise & Fall to be released May 10th, Scotty has released the latest single Lonely from that album and we just can’t stop listening to it!  ....and more 

Love this write up ...👋🎵

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buttons66 said:

https://buildingourownnashville.com/2024/04/30/scotty-mccreery-lonely-single-review-new-album-rise-fall-out-may-10th/

Scodtty McCreery – ‘Lonely’ – Single Review – New Album ‘Rise & Fall’ out May 10th.

Scotty McCreery is one of the few artists in country music who is still keeping a traditional sound to his style and this is one of many reasons as to why he still has such a stellar career with an incredibly loyal following!

With a new album titled Rise & Fall to be released May 10th, Scotty has released the latest single Lonely from that album and we just can’t stop listening to it!  ....and more 

Love this write up ...👋🎵

Did this say The Kelly Clarkson Show gig will be from the Opry stage? 

10 minutes ago, tfortexas said:

Did this say The Kelly Clarkson Show gig will be from the Opry stage? 

YES ..its a taped performance .Have seen it a few in  other publications also !  

I was a little surpised myself with that, but I have a feeling it may have something  to do with the amount of travel Scotty /band/crew have been doing and will be doing over next few weeks. He said recently next 6-8 weeks are going to be extremely busy.

I dont think that hurts any to perform from the Opry Stage ,but I just hope there is included some sort of chat with Kelly from that stage or elsewhwere .