America's Got Talent: Fantasy League Premiere Jan 1, 2024

Ethan F-R

Monday on NBC

America's Got Talent: Fantasy League

Qualifiers 1
SEASON 1, EPISODE 1 • PREMIERE

8:00 PM ON NBC  • TV-PG • STEREO • CC

Similar to a fantasy sports draft, judges Simon Cowell, Heidi Klum, Howie Mandel and Mel B each build a roster of their favorite acts and guide them throughout the competition as they hope to be crowned the champion; Terry Crews hosts.

This isn't related to The Voice whatsoever. But there is a spinoff of AGT coming next year called "AGT: Fantasy League". Like "The Voice", the judges are forming teams of all star former acts from the "Got Talent", franchise. The judges are: Simon Cowell, Heidi Klum, Mel B (She was on it before from 2013 to 2018, and then left), and Howie Mandel. https://www.nbc.com/nbc-insider/americas-got-talent-fantasy-league-premiere-judges-rules-details-news

Fans can use the AGT app to nominate acts to compete on AGT: Fantasy League next winter from a list of 60 eligible favorites from s18 and past seasons. Forty of those acts will advance to the drafting pool, and each judge will choose ten.

https://www.nbc.com/nbc-insider/how-to-nominate-suggest-acts-agt-fantasy-league

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/agt-fantasy-league-how-to-vote-for-your-favorites-see-the-list.htm

Edited by RTV

• istersay changed the title to America's Got Talent: Fantasy League Premiere Jan 1, 2024

America’s Got Talent: Fantasy League airs Monday nights at 8 p.m. ET on NBC and next day on Peacock.

America’s Got Talent: Fantasy League 2024

night 1 performers:

BILLY & EMILY ENGLAND
AGT S12, AGT: THE CHAMPIONS S1, BRITAIN’S GOT TALENT S9
VARIETY

HANS
AGT S13 & AGT: THE CHAMPIONS S2
VARIETY

JON DORENBOS
AGT S11 & AGT: THE CHAMPIONS S1
MAGICIAN

KODI LEE
AGT S14 & AGT: ALL-STARS
MUSICIAN

KRISTY SELLARS
AGT S17
VARIETY

KSENIYA SIMONOVA
UKRAINE'S GOT TALENT S1 & AGT: THE CHAMPIONS S1
SAND ARTIST

MARIA SEIREN
JAPAN'S GOT TALENT S1
SINGER

SHADOW ACE
AGT S18
VARIETY

TAPE FACE
AGT S11 & AGT: THE CHAMPIONS S1
COMEDIAN

V. UNBEATABLE
AGT S14 & AGT: THE CHAMPIONS S2
DANCE/ACROBATIC GROUP

Watching this to see how it goes with the team format.

No drafts like The Voice has.  No auditions.  Just straight to the competition-based performances.

• 2 weeks later...

Top 5

winner: Ramadhani Brothers (Team Howie)

runner-up: Pack Drumline (Team Simon)

third: V.Unbeatable (Team Heidi)

fourth: SAINTED Trap Choir (Team Simon)

fifth: Musa Motha (Team Simon)

Results by Team

Team Heidi

Sofie Dossi — advanced to finals, Q3 golden buzzer; Top 10

V.Unbeatable — advanced to SF via audience vote Q1; stolen from Howie, SF2 golden buzzer; 3rd

Ramadhani Brothers — stolen by Howie, advanced to finals, Q2 golden buzzer

Aidan Bryant — advanced to SF via audience vote Q4; stolen by Mel B, SF1 golden buzzer

Enkh-Erdene — advanced to SF via audience vote Q3; eliminated SF1

Darci Lynne — advanced to SF via audience vote Q4; eliminated SF2

Grace Good — advanced to SF via audience vote Q2; eliminated SF2

Yu Hojin — advanced to SF via audience vote Q3; eliminated SF2

Hans — eliminated Q1 

Piff the Magic Dragon — eliminated Q2

The Clairvoyants — eliminated Q4

Qualifiers 3 golden buzzer: saved Sofie Dossi

Semifinals 2 golden buzzer: stole V.Unbeatable from Team Howie

Team Howie

Ramadhani Brothers — stolen from Heidi, advanced to finals, Q2 golden buzzer; 1st

Kodi Lee — advanced to SF via audience vote Q1; stolen from Simon, SF1 golden buzzer; Top 10

Shadow Ace — advanced to SF via audience vote Q1; advanced 1st in votes SF2; Top 10

V.Unbeatable — advanced to SF via audience vote Q1; stolen by Heidi, SF2 golden buzzer

Anna DeGuzman — advanced to SF via audience vote Q4; eliminated SF1

Kristy Sellars — advanced to SF via audience vote Q1; eliminated SF1

Preacher Lawson — advanced to SF via audience vote Q2; eliminated SF1

Kseniya Simonova — advanced to SF via audience vote Q1; eliminated 3rd in votes SF2

Drake Milligan — eliminated Q2

Fritzy Rosmerian — eliminated Q3

Genevieve Cote — eliminated Q3

Ichikawa Koikuchi — eliminated Q3

Qualifiers 2 golden buzzer: stole Ramadhani Brothers from Team Heidi

Semifinals 1 golden buzzer: stole Kodi Lee from Team Simon

Team Mel B

Billy and Emily England — stolen from Simon, advanced to finals, Q1 golden buzzer; Top 10

Aidan Bryant — advanced to SF via audience vote Q4; stolen from Heidi, SF1 golden buzzer; Top 10

Ghetto Kids — advanced to SF via audience vote Q4; eliminated SF1

Vardanyan Brothers — advanced to SF via audience vote Q2; eliminated 3rd in votes SF1

Sheldon Riley — advanced to SF via audience vote Q2; eliminated SF2

Jon Dorenbos — eliminated Q1

Maria Seiren — eliminated Q1

Tape Face — eliminated Q1

MerseyGirls — eliminated Q2

Junior New System — eliminated Q3

Brian Justin Crum — eliminated Q4

Travis Japan — eliminated Q4

Qualifiers 1 golden buzzer: stole Billy and Emily England from Team Simon

Semifinals 1 golden buzzer: stole Aidan Bryant from Team Heidi

Team Simon

SAINTED Trap Choir — advanced to finals, Q4 golden buzzer; 4th

Pack Drumline — advanced to SF via audience vote Q3; advanced 1st in votes SF1; 2nd

Musa Motha — advanced to SF via audience vote Q4; SF2 golden buzzer; 5th

Billy and Emily England — stolen by Mel B, advanced to finals, Q1 golden buzzer

Kodi Lee — advanced to SF via audience vote Q1; stolen by Howie, SF1 golden buzzer

Loren Allred — advanced to SF via audience vote Q3; eliminated 2nd in votes SF1

Adrian Stoica & Hurricane — advanced to SF via audience vote Q2; eliminated 2nd in votes SF2

Chapel Hart — advanced to SF via audience vote Q3; eliminated SF2

Wes-P — eliminated Q2

Cillian O'Connor — eliminated Q4

Qualifiers 4 golden buzzer: saved SAINTED Trap Choir

Semifinals 2 golden buzzer: saved Musa Motha

Edited by RTV

On 1/11/2024 at 2:43 AM, Rodney said:

Heidi's not having a good mini-season, I see.  Not many acts of hers getting through, and the one that looked like they could win got stolen from her.

I've never been a fan of Hans, but I was a little surprised that Piff didn't get enough votes. Heidi has six acts that haven't been shown yet. Some of them have a good chance of advancing.

Mel B seems to be having the toughest time. Four of her team members have already been eliminated, and she only has four acts left for the next two episodes.

I updated the teams above. While none of Howie's or Mel B's acts advanced this episode, all of Simon's and Heidi's acts did. Heidi used the golden buzzer for her own team member instead of stealing someone from another judge.

Was bummed that Genevieve and young Fritzy got the ax.  But seeing that against whom they were standing, it wasn't too surprising.

Why would Heidi steal her own act and not someone else's?

I feel like that man would've had a fighting chance at season three of The Voice if he'd kept Loren around and not dumped her.  She is spectacular.

7 hours ago, Rodney said:

Why would Heidi steal her own act and not someone else's?

It's basically a save that advances your team member straight to the finals.

Perhaps there wasn't a contestant Heidi wanted on her team enough to use her only buzzer for a steal. Or maybe she just decided to reward one of her own acts. Heidi told Sofie "not that you need it" when hugging her onstage and explained after returning to her chair, "I wanna say that you did not really actually need my golden buzzer but, you know, I push it for you because I love you and I believe in you and I think you're amazing." Now Sofie can concentrate on perfecting her finale performance rather than competing in the semifinal round.

7 hours ago, Rodney said:

I feel like that man would've had a fighting chance at season three of The Voice if he'd kept Loren around and not dumped her.  She is spectacular.

Yes, Loren is very good. But she would've needed more votes than Trevin Hunte, Nicholas David, Terry McDermott, or Cassadee Pope.

After Amanda Brown and Bryan Keith got the public's vote in the Top 20 live playoffs, Adam saved Melanie Martinez. Joselyn Rivera and Loren were eliminated along with six from the other three teams. The twist for s3 was an iTunes bonus multiplier of ten that began Top 12 week. Cassadee received the first bonus when her Top 10 song hit #1. Sylvia Yacoub of Team Christina and Bryan were eliminated. Cassadee, Melanie, and Nicholas got bonuses the following week. Top 6 songs supposedly included one chosen by the contestant and one assigned by their coach. Cassadee had two songs in bonus territory while Terry, Nicholas, and Trevin had one each. Amanda and Melanie had none and were eliminated.

Had I been given the opportunity to vote for one of the two magicians shown tonight, Cillian O'Connor would've gotten my vote rather than Anna DeGuzman.

Qualifiers Team Results
Mel B - 7 eliminated acts

Howie - 4 eliminated acts

Heidi - 3 eliminated acts
Simon - 2 eliminated acts

5 hours ago, RTV said:

Had I been given the opportunity to vote for one of the two magicians shown tonight, Cillian O'Connor would've gotten my vote rather than Anna DeGuzman.

Qualifiers Team Results
Mel B - 7 eliminated acts

Howie - 4 eliminated acts

Heidi - 3 eliminated acts
Simon - 2 eliminated acts

Sheesh!  That is such an imbalance for Mel!  What the hell happened?!

Simon is clearly a fan of his team member, Loren Allred (Team Adam, The Voice s3). She was the early release for Qualifiers 3 and also closed that episode. Today, NBC posted Loren's semi-finals performance of "Over the Rainbow."

The 9 acts appearing on SF1 with Loren are:

Aidan Bryant - Team Heidi

Anna DeGuzman - Team Howie

Enkh-Erdene - Team Heidi

Ghetto Kids - Team Mel B

Kodi Lee - Team Simon

Kristy Sellars - Team Howie

Pack Drumline - Team Simon

Preacher Lawson - Team Howie

Vardanyan Brothers - Team Mel B

Edited by RTV

On 1/26/2024 at 9:38 PM, Solaris said:

I am assuming 3 will advance from this semis group.  Rooting for Loren and Aidan.

Yes, three will advance and seven will be eliminated.

A total of twenty acts will compete on the two upcoming semi-finals episodes. Each week, two judges will pick a golden buzzer act to advance and one act will be voted through by the audience. The AGT: Fantasy League winner will be chosen from a Top 10 finale comprised of the four qualifiers golden buzzer acts, the four semi-finals golden buzzer acts, and the two semi-finals acts advanced via votes.

Edited by RTV

Oof.  Poor Heidi.  Got another act stolen from her, as Mel stole Aidan from her.

She's going to want to consider stealing next week.

Simon also got another act stolen from him, with Howie stealing Kodi Lee from him.

But he has plenty of acts, anyway, so no big deal.

Based on tonight's performances, I wasn't surprised that the Vardanyan Brothers, the Pack Drumline, and Loren Allred got to the top three on the audience's votes, though I was sad to see the Ghetto Kids and Anna DeGuzman go.

The Vardanyan Brothers came in third of tonight's acts?  With that retry, I can see why.

Down to Loren and the Pack Drumline.  Going through is . . .

. . . the Pack Drumline.  This means that Loren goes home, too.

So only Heidi doesn't get an act through tonight.

I updated my earlier post with tonight's results. Unless Sheldon is stolen or has the most audience votes in SF2, Mel B will only have her two golden buzzer acts in the finale.

The 10 acts appearing on SF2 are:

Adrian Stoica & Hurricane - Team Simon

Chapel Hart - Team Simon

Darci Lynne - Team Heidi

Grace Good - Team Heidi

Kseniya Simonova - Team Howie

Musa Motha - Team Simon

Shadow Ace - Team Howie

Sheldon Riley - Team Mel B

V.Unbeatable - Team Howie

Yu Hojin - Team Heidi

Edited by RTV

The instant that Darci Lynee said that she was not using Petunia . . . I knew that she wouldn't be getting through.  You could tell that Howie and Heidi were impressed, but Simon and Mel very obviously weren't.

Sheldon sounded good, but I felt like his mic was turned down.

Chapel Hart is good, but they really need to demonstrate more range.  Surely they can go higher than they did in their original song.  That said, I was shocked that Heidi didn't steal them from Simon.

Finally!  Heidi uses her Golden Buzzer!  And this time, she steals an act from someone else, taking V.Unbeatable from Howie!  Boy, did Howie look bummed, though.  But then again, he has plenty of acts, so he'll be fine.  Heidi and Mel don't have that much.

Kseniya making the top three I did not expect!  Really sorry that Chapel Hart and Grace missed the top three, though.  I hope that the former goes for The Voice next.

Kseniya then gets eliminated in third of the acts.  Bummer.  Shadow Ace then knocks out former champions Adrian Stroica & Hurricane?!  Shocker!

Trio Chapel Hart was today's early release.

Simon used his golden buzzer to save team member Musa Motha.

Heidi used hers to steal V.Unbeatable from Team Howie.

https://www.nbc.com/nbc-insider/v-unbeatable-semifinals-agt-fantasy-league

Kseniya (Team Howie) was third in audience votes.

Adrian and Hurricane (Team Simon) were second.

Shadow Ace (Team Howie) aired last and received the most audience votes.

Of the Top 3 acts, Shadow Ace was my least favorite.

Edited by RTV