AI Season 21 TV Ratings

istersay

• 2 weeks later...

At the beginning of the season I was worried it would follow in DWTS's footsteps and move to Disney+, but with ABC bringing back DWTS, I'm sure Idol will be around until at least Season 24.

Now it's just a matter of if I'll even be interested in watching by then lmao

• Like 2

Sunday's episode got bumped up to 6.1m viewers and 0.77 in the demo - making it the highest for both metrics this season!

Something interesting I've noticed (looking at Idol's Sunday episodes, and The Voice's Monday episodes - the main nights they air on):

- Idol's ratings started out lower in Auditions/Hollywood, but have increased every week since live shows began.

- The Voice's ratings started out higher in Blinds, but decreased every week starting the second week of battles to the first week of playoffs. 

(TPTB this is your sign to give Idol more live shows but we been knew) 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, m1key said:

Sunday's episode got bumped up to 6.1m viewers and 0.77 in the demo - making it the highest for both metrics this season!

Something interesting I've noticed (looking at Idol's Sunday episodes, and The Voice's Monday episodes - the main nights they air on):

- Idol's ratings started out lower in Auditions/Hollywood, but have increased every week since live shows began.

- The Voice's ratings started out higher in Blinds, but decreased every week starting the second week of battles to the first week of playoffs. 

It feel so weird that there are like what... 3 more live shows left??? WHAT. lol

1 hour ago, m1key said:

They should look into starting the show in January again. They can give us the 5 weeks of auditions if they want to (I think 4 would be plenty) and then add a few more live shows. People clearly like them. I don’t know how well the show is doing money-wise but I’d imagine it’s doing fine if they can keep taking the contestants to Hawaii, pay Ed Sheeran to guest judge, etc. 

5 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

It was just a recap show. 

I know, I made the thread for it :rofl: I just don't get why either show does recap episodes when it brings the season averages down