Music Sharing Thread.

Hsamid

On 4/21/2023 at 10:29 AM, nytsch said:

Honestly didn’t know she was releasing music back then :dead:

I think the first song I heard from her was Seventeen and I loved it.

I only know Sharon Van Etten from a couple songs but I’m in love with the ones I do know.

”Every Time the Sun Comes Up” and “Like I Used To” with Angel Olsen. 

I guess I’ll contributing to the thread by posting some of the songs released this year that I’ve been loving:

Begin Again (Jessie Ware) [pop/disco]

Jessie Ware has mastered the elegant, vintage yet modern-sounding disco song. This is just sublime.

Breakdown (Ruston Kelly) [alt-rock/country]

Ruston Kelly has one of the coolest genre blends I’ve ever heard and while his new album is my least favorite so far, it’s still worth a listen. This song specifically is decidedly not country, more like a 90’s alternative vibe. 

Cool About It (boygenius) [folk/indie]

Lucy, Phoebe, and Julien continue to break my heart every chance they get.

You Can Be Mean (Indigo De Souza) [indie rock]

One of the most replayable songs I’ve heard all year tbh, disgustingly catchy and I love the personality/vibe of the song in general.

The Drama (Kesha) [art pop]

This is definitely not the kind of song I expected from Kesha. If you’re into any of Björk/Fiona Apple/fka twigs, chances are you’re gonna like this. It’s Kesha’s own version of that sound.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

Begin Again (Jessie Ware) [pop/disco]

Jessie Ware has mastered the elegant, vintage yet modern-sounding disco song. This is just sublime.

Love Jessie, liked Pearls a lot too.

• Like 1

Some art pop.

Synth heavy and upbeat, pretty anthemic sounding. Far from the best technical singer but I like how naturally fragile his singing voice is. 

Falsetto heavy and his is one of my favourites. Very ethereal and atmospheric but can add quite a bit of distortion to it too. The song is kinda bittersweet.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

On 6/1/2023 at 8:16 AM, Hsamid said:

Synth heavy and upbeat, pretty anthemic sounding. Far from the best technical singer but I like how naturally fragile his singing voice is. 

Yes love this one

7 minutes ago, allistr said:

I know. She's a piece of art.

Sadly I am not a fan of her newer stuff besides Vulnicura but those first four albums are perfection. 

• Like 2

No but y’all seriously need to check out Ruston Kelly. His first album Dying Star is amazing front to back. But if I had to choose a few songs to recommend to new listeners…

• Like 1

The Vocal Bible Brandy 😍😍 My Queen of R&B!! People mostly know her from her duet with Monica "The Boy is Mine", but there's sooo much more great songs that I think are even better.  Here are some of my favorites from her:

"Put That On Everything"

"Have You Ever" (which reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100)

"Sittin' Up in My Room"

"A Capella (Something's Missing)"

"Tomorrow"

"Bye BiPolar"

"Rather Be"

"Truthfully"

And my personal favorite (in my Top 5 favorite songs of all time), "When You Touch Me"

• Like 4

15 hours ago, FloorWax said:

The queen of art pop.

She can be Co-queen alongside Kate Bush.

Bjork is one of my favourite musicians. Post, Vespertine and Homogenic albums were constantly on repeat.

Love these tracks, Hunter and Joga are among my personal favourites as well.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, erik g said:

The Vocal Bible Brandy 😍😍 My Queen of R&B!! People mostly know her from her duet with Monica "The Boy is Mine", but there's sooo much more great songs that I think are even better.  Here are some of my favorites from her:

I should check her out more, I listened to mainly The Boy Is Mine but I like What About Us and Full Moon too.

• Like 2