Music Sharing Thread.

Hsamid

A thread where you can share music. Could be songs, artists, albums, live performances, etc.

Look forward to discovering some new music, or talkimg about familiar artists!

I'll start with a few live performances I've been listening to lately.

Not religious at all. But I am a fan of talented singers. And Lecresia Campbell could singggg (rip). I'd recommend especially for any gospel fans

Rachelle Ferrell 

One of the best singers I've ever heard, but it is pretty out there and not for everyone. Her vocal choices can be weird for some.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 7:44 AM, erik g said:

I've been loving Samara Joy lately:

This is her album "Linger Awhile". It just won "Best Jazz Vocal Album" last night at the grammys. She also won Best New Artist as well

I'll check that out :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Still listening to gospel for the vocals (lead and background) if you're a fan of gospel or just powerhouse vocals I think you can at least appreciate these performances.

Some of my favourites I've come across

Background vocals are insane, Tamela is excellent at building up songs and using her power at the right moments. Smart, restrained, but powerful vocalist.

Lecresia Campbell.

I slightly prefer her performance I shared in the OP but this is great too. Underrated vocalist and one of the best users of head voice I've come across in the gospel genre, and maybe any genre.

Pure powerhouse vocals, also lmao at the end.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 11:31 AM, nytsch said:

Anyone who likes Daughter here? They just released an album, BOYW is one of my top tracks this year

Oh cool, didn't know they released new stuff. I only know a couple of their songs but I like what I heard. I'll probably go through their new album and the rest of their discography if I get back to being in the mood for indie music.  Thanks for the reminder.

On 3/23/2023 at 7:10 PM, nytsch said:

Anyone listens to these guys? They're soooooooo good (calling all alternative/indie fans lol)

Was thinking to myself first time I saw this since when did meshuggah become alt/indie? Turns out, it's the title of the song. There's a metal band with the same name lol.

16 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Was thinking to myself first time I saw this since when did meshuggah become alt/indie? Turns out, it's the title of the song. There's a metal band with the same name lol.

Yeah I saw that when I was searching for the song lol, didn’t know they were metal though. I’d compare them maybe to Tame Impala but it’s hard to say, they’re pretty unique. Hunnybee is so good they put crack in that song for real.

Straying a bit away from Gospel and into rnb territory, I've been on a bit of a Tiny desk binge and these have been my favourites.

Jazmine Sullivan

The lady is one of the best singers in the world right now (especially in terms of agility). Her runs are nasty, effortless, and creative.

Not only that, her music is a vibe. Here in particular it's more dark and moody which is usually the type of stuff I gravitate to.

Chloe x Halle

I only found out about these two a week ago. Their blending is insane and it has everything. Range, runs, tonal variety, creativity. One of the sisters sounds like a Disney princess and the other gives Beyonce vibes. 

Durand Bernarr

Been following this dude since his Taco Tuesday performances and never thought I'd see him here. He's just a fun, silly vibe musically, vocally, and performance wise. Love his emphasis on baritone vocals but he can do a lot more than that..(Lyrics are quite sexually explicit if that's not your thing, not WAP levels though)

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, istersay said:

I like hearing the music you guys are posting, fun to find out about different artists

anyone listen to LP?

23 hours ago, istersay said:

Eva Vergilova Bulgarian guitarist

Thanks for your continual contributions in the thread, I'll check these out!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Straying a bit away from Gospel and into rnb territory, I've been on a bit of a Tiny desk binge and these have been my favourites.

The lady is one of the best singers in the world right now (especially in terms of agility). Her runs are nasty, effortless, and creative.

Not only that, her music is a vibe. Here in particular it's more dark and moody which is usually the type of stuff I gravitate to.

Chloe x Halle

I only found out about these two a week ago. Their blending is insane and it has everything. Range, runs, tonal variety, creativity. One of the sisters sounds like a Disney princess and the other gives Beyonce vibes. 

Durand Bernarr

Been following this dude since his Taco Tuesday performances and never thought I'd see him here. He's just a fun, silly vibe musically, vocally, and performance wise. Love his emphasis on baritone vocals but he can do a lot more than that..(Lyrics are quite sexually explicit if that's not your thing, not WAP levels though)

Chloe x Halle are so talented, Jazmine too, love them all. I will check out Durand

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, istersay said:

Chloe x Halle are so talented, Jazmine too, love them all. I will check out Durand

Yeah can't believe I didn't know of Chloe x Halle until a week ago. I mean, I knew of Halle cause of the little mermaid movie but didn't bother checking her out because I'm not the biggest fan of Disney tones. If I knew she sang like that though ..

Durand i'd say is more of an acquired taste. His tone, delivery and showmanship is def not for everyone.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Yeah can't believe I didn't know of Chloe x Halle until a week ago. I mean, I knew of Halle cause of the little mermaid movie but didn't bother checking her out because I'm not the biggest fan of Disney tones. If I knew she sang like that though ..

Durand i'd say is more of an acquired taste. His tone, delivery and showmanship is def not for everyone.

I just listened to some of his tiny desk, it is a little different lol, but some of the stuff I like is different also

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, istersay said:

not sure if OST is okay to post in here, but I love this song Beautiful by Crush, it's from the ost of the series Goblin

edit: the series is excellent too, if anyone has a chance to watch it

Anything music!

Only reason I'm sharing live performances is because it's what I've been listening to lately. But some Of My favourite music have been OST's.

Anyways. Listened to your suggestions. I remember listening to LP's live performances. They have a really unique voice!

The guitarist is the type of stuff I'd hear in some of the metal I listen to. Definitely in my wheel house. 

The OST is something my mom would probably like, she's been into asian dramas, which has led her to listen to asian music.. it's been a year phase now lol.

7 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Jazmine Sullivan

I LOVEEEEEE HER. 

this is insane!

• Like 2

Here's some indie music

Dark, Moody vibes all around.

About a hospice worked and a patient.. not sure if I want someone listening to this to cry to the music or not. But it is a bit depressing.

Also a bit melancholic but the instrumentals have an indie rock vibe.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2023 at 7:10 AM, istersay said:

I like hearing the music you guys are posting, fun to find out about different artists

anyone listen to LP?

YES I LOVE LP

Other People a CLASSIC (for me anyway lol)

Love Muddy Water, Tightrope, and of course Lost on You

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Here's some indie music

Also a bit melancholic but the instrumentals have an indie rock vibe.

Honestly didn’t know she was releasing music back then :dead:

I think the first song I heard from her was Seventeen and I loved it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nytsch said:

Honestly didn’t know she was releasing music back then :dead:

I think the first song I heard from her was Seventeen and I loved it.

Apparently she has albums going all the way back to 2008.

But Yeah, I heard this song from watching the walking dead, and I listened to the album this song was from, haven't listened through another album of hers though. 

Although I know seventeen from a couple different movie soundtracks I think.