Which performance is better: S6 edition

Gustavo527

Which performance from Season 6 is your favorite?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• Christina Grimmie - Hold On, We're Going Home
    • Josh Kaufman - I Can't Make You Love Me

I decided to do one poll like the one i made yesterday for each season. I'm gonna try to include performances that made some kind of impact at least here on IDF. I'm gonna do my best at picking the performances so these are not extremely lopsided (This is why you probably won't see extremely iconic performances by great vocalists on these, because it's obvious these would win by a big margin). Also, it's probably that a lot of these end up being weird due to the performances being very different.

I picked these two because, in the case of Christina (R.I.P), that performance was easily one of her best live performances in the show, and the one where she started to display all her potential, while with Josh, i'm convinced that this is the performance that put him on the winning track ("Stay With Me" was kind of a breakout moment for him, but this one cemented his place as the frontrunner for the win)  

So, let's go 

Christina Grimmie - Hold On, We're Going Home 

Josh Kaufman - I Can't Make You Love Me 

(If you can't see that one, maybe this link will work for you: https://youtu.be/0NhfO1rcyYE )

Edited by Gustavo527

I'd like to see Christina's HOWGH against Josh's Stay With Me tbh. I mean maybe you didn't do it for this reason:

4 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

(This is why you probably won't see extremely iconic performances by great vocalists on these, because it's obvious these would win by a big margin).

I think SWM falls under that category. But given the amount of people who say HOWGH is performance of the season, I'd be interested to see how it compares...

1 hour ago, nytsch said:

I'd like to see Christina's HOWGH against Josh's Stay With Me tbh. I mean maybe you didn't do it for this reason:

I think SWM falls under that category. But given the amount of people who say HOWGH is performance of the season, I'd be interested to see how it compares...

I honestly don't know how these were received on IDF, but i always got the impression that ICMYLM got better reception over social media. That's why i put that one here.

Maybe i need to rewatch them. And about that, by great vocalists, i was thinking, for example, on Kyla. If i put one of her performances against any performance by any other artist of her season, she is gonna demolish lol. That is a pretty disliked season so that is not gonna help

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

I honestly don't know how these were received on IDF, but i always got the impression that ICMYLM got better reception over social media. That's why i put that one here.

Maybe because people knew the song better. At the time SWM was really new, and I didn't know it either (that was the last season until S21 that I actually watched as it aired, lol). He did a great job and I actually started to love the song because of that performance.

Suggestions for S7:

Taylor John Williams - Royals vs Damien - Someone Like You

Chris Jamison - When I Was Your Man vs Matt McAndrew - Take Me to Church

Battle of the hated contestants best performances: Ryan Sill - Miss Independent vs Sugar Joans - Back to Black

EDIT: Miss Independent wasn't live, uhhhh I can't think of another good Ryan performance lol. Maybe Starlight?

Edited by nytsch