Best Country Songs Of The Year Mini Rankdown 2015 winner has been revealed.

QueenKalie

5 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I obviously need to double check this but according to my phone calculator math at the restaurant while waiting for my food first and second place are within 1 point.

Wow!! That’s close. Can’t wait to see which 2 songs those are.

21 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

I obviously need to double check this but according to my phone calculator math at the restaurant while waiting for my food first and second place are within 1 point.

Math is correct driving home now and I will calculate the other 18 rankings the much easier way. :dead:

20. "Coming Home" - Keith Urban Featuring Julia Michaels

maxresdefault.jpg

Wallace 11

Diana 13

Victoria 16

QK 16

Chris 17

Gigi 17

Akshar 17

Steven 20 

Comments: 

Wallace: I'm happy the Keith & Julia duet made it to the finals here, but sad that Keith's "Female" missed out.  I remember being really surprised about Keith & Julia's dueting together. But this was a duet that worked well. I like the lowkey feel good vibe of the song. Keith sounds good opening the song and all throughout his parts. I like those parts of the song where he sings the lyrics at a faster pace, as those are fun. I always thought Julia was featured more and kinda wish she was but she sounds good on the bridge of the song. 

Chris: I am truly bobo the clown for voting for this one when I probably should not have had to give "Female" and "Most People Are Good" a chance. I do like the song but certainly one of the weakest song in this Top 20. 

Steven:  It's got cool instrumentation, but I guess I prefer the other songs in this Top 20. I don't dislike the song; it just happened to be last on my ranking.

QK: With a high score of 11 and a 16.125 score there definitely seems to be a general agreement that this is the weakest song out of the group. I am fine with it being last.           

• QueenKalie changed the title to Best Country Songs Of The Year Mini Rankdown 2018. #20 is up!

19. "Dammit" - Jana Kramer

d6288fd885a391eec60c147c1f5d7dbd.600x600

Akshar 9

Gigi 10

Steven 12

Diana 14 

Wallace 17

QK 18

Victoria 19

Chris 19 

Comments:

Steven: I like the imagery of the lyrics here, despite it being a sad song. Jana delivers this one well.

Wallace: I think I am vaguely familiar with Jana's singles but for some reason, this song must have slipped past me as I don't really remember this song or even the title of it. This is a really nice storytelling from Jana and she sounds really pretty on the song. The opening verse is soft is pretty. She builds up the chorus a little bit but it's still soft, pretty and emotional. I actually expected to rank this higher as I do really like Jana but I feel most other songs on here grabbed me more, so maybe this will need a few more listens to grow on me. But still this is really nice.

Chris:  I am probably one of her biggest defender in this forum, especially in the context of DWTS, but this song ? No sisters, it did not deserve to be in the Top 20. In my opinion, it's one of her weakest song and it goes nowhere. 

QK: Honestly this song isn't very good and I was surprised it go so many votes. I am guessing that people voted for it because she was on OTH and DWTS. 

• QueenKalie changed the title to Best Country Songs Of The Year Mini Rankdown 2018. #19 is up!
2 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

20. "Coming Home" - Keith Urban Featuring Julia Michaels

QK: With a high score of 11 and a 16.125 score there definitely seems to be a general agreement that this is the weakest song out of the group. I am fine with it being last.           

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Aww kinda sad about Keith/Julia's song being ranked last but understandable with those stats. Kinda surprised to see no Top 10 ranks for that one. Is this the first song to not get any Top 10 ranks? 😮 Although true Keith has better songs so hopefully those songs can get their fair share of doing well here. Still such a shame that "Female" missed out though. :( 

Also quite surprised about Jana's song showing up. I thought her name + recognition could have gotten this higher but I guess now. I lowkey agree with some of the comments here. 🙈 I could have been fine with this missing the Top 20, but I also didn't mind this making it.

18. "A Little Dive Bar In Dahlonega" - Ashley McBryde

maxresdefault.jpg

Steven 6

Akshar 8

Gigi 12

QK 15 

Diana 16

Victoria 17

Wallace 20

Chris 20 

Comments:  

Steven:  I should consider listening to more Ashley McBryde songs, because I've been impressed by what I've heard from her in this game so far. This is another song I was unfamiliar with before, but I was impressed enough to give it this high of a ranking after a first listen.

QK: This song really isn't anything amazing in my opinion so I am not heartbroken over this ranking. 

Chris: I do like Ashley's sound but this song does nothing for me, and I could have done without it in the Top 20. I would have had advanced another song over this one, in a heartbeat - the group in question was sad that "Butterflies" didn't advance and they chose this one over "Butterflies" so choices.

Wallace: This is a sincere, nice and emotional song from Ashley McBryde. She sells the emotion and vulnerability well in this song. She provides solid vocals here too. Overall, it doesn't do a whole lot for me as I feel and want more variety in her songs but it's pleasant and easy listening. 

• QueenKalie changed the title to Best Country Songs Of The Year Mini Rankdown 2018. #18 is up!
17 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Shady behind Chris kills me! :dead: Unless it's towards me lmao.

Anywho, fine with this Ashley McBryde's song ranking.

Since Wally seems to be disappointed others are getting shaded and not him I'll help him out. You would be fine with this Ashley ranking. 🙄😘:giggle:

13 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Since Wally seems to be disappointed others are getting shaded and not him I'll help him out. You would be fine with this Ashley ranking. 🙄😘:giggle:

No you read me wrong. I don't want to be shaded. :dead: But lol I guess this comment is deserved. :haha: