BET Presents The Encore

*Wallace

Has anyone watched BET Presents The Encore? The show premiered last Wednesday and I’m already hooked. 😮 Some of us discussed this in the Rankdown forums but… the show is about 90s and 2000s Girl Groups members (and Nivea) coming together to make a comeback to perform as a newly formed super girl group and record an album in just 30 days.  

Here’s the cast:

- Aubrey O’Day (Danity Kane)

- Fallon King (Cherish)

- Felisha King (Cherish)

- Irish Grinstead (702)

- Kiely Williams (3LW/The Cheetah Girls)

- LeMisha Grinstead (702)

- Nivea (solo singer)

- Pamela Long (Total)

- Shamari DeVoe (Blaque)

Some videos (interviews + trailer):

BET Presents The Encore airs Wednesdays on BET at 10 PM. But there are also some uploads of it on Youtube.

• Like 2

I’ll post some standout thoughts from the first episode. Beware of spoilers lol…

- As expected, Kiely and Aubrey are definitely bringing in lots of drama to the show. I actually can’t stand Kiely but for television purposes she is great and brings drama to TV so I don’t mind it.

- Kiely is apparently only there to be a Creative Director but not to be apart of the group. :dead: This caused some dispute and drama with Fallon & Felisha. Speaking of….

- Fallon & Felisha made the worst first impression of the women. They were quite rude and ageist having to work with a bunch of ~older women in their 40s~ and week… they were messed up there. They are in there with some legendary acts. They apologized the next day but still there will be some drama with them.

- Aubrey suggested the idea of having 4-piece two separate groups which caused some drama. Some ladies didn’t mind that but some were not here for that. 😮 I actually don’t mind it and think it makes sense. The women had different visions for the group. Some wanted to go the conservative/mature non sexy route while others wanted to go the more risqué sexy youthful route. So I think if they do two different groups that cater to both styles that can work rather than one large 8-piece group.

As far as the talent goes (from vocal and dance rehearsals on episode 1):

- Kiely, Felicia, Fallon and Shamari are the strongest dancers. Aubrey right behind them.

- LeMisha is the worst dancer of the group. Pamela, Irish and Nivea are also weaker links in the dance reparent.

- Kiely, Irish are the weakest vocalists IMO.

- The others are pretty strong vocalists in varying ways.

- I would say Shamari is the best total package of the whole group as she brings strong singing and dancing. Felicia & Fallon up there too.

- Sadly I would say Irish is the weakest total package. Her singing and dancing isn’t too strong. :( But she can improve upon it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, istersay said:

yay there is a thread, was just coming to post about this, didn't know it was out already, I need to watch :w00tbounce:

Yayy Bonnie! I'm glad you know about this show. 😄 It's a fun watch so I hope you'll enjoy when you watch it!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Yayy Bonnie! I'm glad you know about this show. 😄 It's a fun watch so I hope you'll enjoy when you watch it!

just watching the clips of them all in the same house is entertaining j7BRKHs.gif

The Drama GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

Ooh yay thanks for the tag in this Wally! I've been looking forward to checking this show out so hopefully can find a way to watch it, I haven't seen if it's airing on BET here yet.

Lmaoo what at Kiely being a Creative Director? :dead: I'm also not a fan although I did like 3LW/Cheetah Girls but... it's weird to me that she would be considered on another level to the others to be a Creative Director. Honestly if she was interested, I feel like that would have been a great role for someone like Kandi Burruss who has a good mix of music/business knowledge and a reality TV background.

Disappointed to hear about Fallon & Felisha though. I don't really know them individually but did love Cherish and some of their music back in the day. So I'm excited but nervous to see how they are in this.

Sounds like a lot of fun overall though and a lot of fun names so I'm excited to watch :wub:

episode 2 Wed 

BET Presents The Encore
Time to be Queen
SEASON 1, EPISODE 2 • NEW
10:00 PM ON BET 18 • TV-14
After a rough start, the women vote for their first ever Queen of the House; Pamela's controversial comment places her in the hot seat during the Queen's Court.

On 6/15/2021 at 11:33 AM, *Lily said:

Ooh yay thanks for the tag in this Wally! I've been looking forward to checking this show out so hopefully can find a way to watch it, I haven't seen if it's airing on BET here yet.

Lmaoo what at Kiely being a Creative Director? :dead: I'm also not a fan although I did like 3LW/Cheetah Girls but... it's weird to me that she would be considered on another level to the others to be a Creative Director. Honestly if she was interested, I feel like that would have been a great role for someone like Kandi Burruss who has a good mix of music/business knowledge and a reality TV background.

Disappointed to hear about Fallon & Felisha though. I don't really know them individually but did love Cherish and some of their music back in the day. So I'm excited but nervous to see how they are in this.

Sounds like a lot of fun overall though and a lot of fun names so I'm excited to watch :wub:

YAYY Lily! I was hoping for you to see this as I know you were interested in seeing this show. 😄 The first episode is up on Youtube (and Bonnie posted here) so hopefully you’re able to watch there at least.:unsure:

LOL MTE regarding Kiely. :dead: I did always really like 3LW/Cheetah Girls but she always bugged me lmao. I agreed that it is really weird regarding Kiely’s role although she did say she wasn’t interested in being in the group. But oooo I love this mention of Kandi. She would be perfect for the Creative Director role. :omg: Wow why didn’t BET think of that? :lmao:

Agreed  with everything you said regarding Fallon & Felisha. :( I’m willing to give them another chance on throughout the season.

Excited to see your thoughts whenever you get to watch!  You're gonna love it.... i know it! 😄

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 12:30 PM, istersay said:

episode 2 Wed 

BET Presents The Encore
Time to be Queen
SEASON 1, EPISODE 2 • NEW
10:00 PM ON BET 18 • TV-14
After a rough start, the women vote for their first ever Queen of the House; Pamela's controversial comment places her in the hot seat during the Queen's Court.

Yesss excited for the new episode tonight! :wub: And thanks for posting video of the first ep!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

YAYY Lily! I was hoping for you to see this as I know you were interested in seeing this show. 😄 The first episode is up on Youtube (and Bonnie posted here) so hopefully you’re able to watch there at least.:unsure:

Excited to see your thoughts whenever you get to watch!  You're gonna love it.... i know it! 😄

I’m watching right now! :w00twave: Excited to be all caught up soon!

Thank you @istersay for posting the link!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, *Lily said:

I’m watching right now! :w00twave: Excited to be all caught up soon!

Thank you @istersay for posting the link!

Yayyy! Glad you're watching! 😄 

49 minutes ago, istersay said:

trying to find streams, ustvgo requires you buy their vpn to watch BET now, if you know of any others please post

stream 1

except this is playing Martin for me, so their schedule is wrong?

might have to just watch it after it airs 

Oooh the show doesn't air until less than 2 hours. It comes on 10PM EDT. :yes: 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Fingers crossed. Let me know if it does. I plan on watching it later on.

boo, showing Martin for me, I'm in Pacific time zone, streams are off on that stream for me a lot of the time

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

@istersay! :spaz:Thank you so much for this link. I found the YouTube video of it like 4 days ago, but it was so choppy I didn’t bother, but this one is so much better. :wub: 
Thank You So Much GIF by Lil Yachty

:w00twave: you're welcome, they don't have ep 2 up yet

this has part of the visual missing in the middle, maybe someone can find a better one

Really enjoyed episode 1!

Unsurprisingly I agreed with a lot of @*Wallace's first thoughts here. :haha:

Fallon and Felisha were frustrating in this episode and I found it to be real weird how they acted towards the other women. Especially being that a lot of the women were big mostly in the late 90s-early 00s which honestly is not really far off of when Cherish were successful. 🤷‍♀️ I did check out some of the songs they'd worked on and there are a few which I really liked especially after they mentioned working on one of Tamar's records. But it was weird to me that they kinda acted as if they were above it all and they didn't need the show, when they still showed up? Aubrey's comment about them being super-successful whilst one of them was wearing a cheap bracelet from Claire's or something KILLED me :dead:

Kiely's definitely A LOT and is going to be an interesting one to watch. They were so shady making her 'highlight' in the opening of the episode her 'promithes promithes' moment though :dead: Although I do like that she can see the joke in all that now and laugh about it. But yeah it was super weird to see her want to be Creative Director. After watching it I can see both sides. If she didn't feel comfortable performing and genuinely just wanted to help, then I think it can still be good to have her on board. But I can see why some people felt a certain type of way about her taking that role when she's not on a different level to the other women.

Early on I am really liking Shamari who I am excited to see more of. I didn't really see her when she was on RHOA so I don't know what to expect quite yet, but I like what she's brought so far and I really liked Blaque back in the day. I do wonder if she'll also talk about the loss of Natina Reed, like she mentioned with Left Eye. 😢 Omggg Nivea was having some great facial expressions/moments in all the drama too. :haha:

Not sure quite yet what to think of the ladies from 702. I had no idea that Irish had a twin sister also in that group though who passed away, which was really sad to hear 💔 Aubrey of course is just always there to make good TV and I have no doubt she'll be doing the same here. I thought the idea of splitting the group up two-ways was quite a smart one, when there were very drastic differences in what all the women wanted to pursue.

• Like 2