SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

AU3 RESULTS PART THREE

12. Carly Cooper Smith & Kieran McMahon - "Ne Me Quitte Pas" - (Contemporary by Debbie Ellis)

7poqz2.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@Zoey - 3

@taylorkat - 6

@.Rei - 8

@*Wallace - 10

@FrogLenzen - 13

@Erestor - 13

@totes4totes - 15

@kritaaay - 17

Avg. Score = 10.63

COMMENTS

Rei

I'm with Derek in that with this rewatch I realised how great is Carly at contemporary. I think she was brilliant in this and I actually prefer this over Furious Angels. Despite not being a gorundbreaking routine, Carly was super strong and that made me like much more than other routines in this group

Wallace

This was another beautifully danced and performed Contemporary routine from Carly & Kieran. This is a much softer and delicate Contemporary compared to their other one - but it's still full of power and beauty. They have nice and lovely chemistry here as well. Carly really shone here and Kieran continued to prove his versatility here.

Derek

I probably said this in the Superlatives game but this is fun because Carly KILLS contemporary style despite auditioning and soloing as a cute jazz dancer. Love her and this is really good.

Megan

Furious Angels is better!

Kriti

here's a comment from the youtube video for your amusement

aha?! which country is this? Australia? Ne me quitte pas is a song from a Belgium 'chanteur' Jacques Brel; but like Belgium is the otha side of the world... owoh I

❤️ they used this song even this song is by Sting ':P

I liked their other contemporary better, this one wasn't bad, but no couple needs more than one contemporary

11. Top 10 Guys - "We Want Your Soul" - (Pop-Jazz by Jason Coleman)

7porgm.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Patryk  - 2

Megan - 4

Derek - 5

Zoey - 10

Kriti - 11

Rei - 15

Wallace - 18

Gigi - 19

Avg. Score = 10.50

COMMENTS

Megan

This is right up there with "Ramalama" and "Call Me Mother" for like the best group routines of all time. It's just really cool stuff that makes me wish that Jason Coleman choreographed more (and made me wish that women on this show also got these cool routines).

Derek

AU3 has the best set of group routines. I had to include this because this is so out-of-the-box compared to what we usually see on the show. Jason Coleman is a certified a-hole so it was great to see him rise to the occasion with this. A really unexpected and unique routine that was perfect for SYTYCD. Showcased all the boys individually (with a special feature of Doug because Jason had a huge crush on him lol). We hadn’t seen something like this before and not since. One of the routines that always comes to mind when I think of how great this season is.

Kriti

this was COOL. makes me miss the old stage a lot. surprised the song went uncensored though. i always enjoy when the judges pop up to choreograph a thing!

Rei

I think all the first minute of this routine is brilliant but then they get to the stage and the routine lose some of its magic. Still a very good group routine

Wallace

lol Four group routines is like my worst nightmare. Anyway, this is a good and fun routine. I like the futuristic feel of the dance and all of the guys do well here. No one really stands out to me but they all do well here. 

10. Carly Cooper Smith & Matt Geronimi - "Took The Night" - (Vogue by Supple)

7porrh.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Zoey - 2

Rei - 3

Kriti - 9

Patryk  - 10

Gigi - 11

Wallace - 14

Derek - 14

Megan - 17

Avg. Score = 10.00

COMMENTS

Rei

They killed this!! Carly was amazing and Matt kept up with her. It was non-stop fun and I didn't expect to rank this high but i was utterly impressed with this on my rewatch of the season. I wish it could have ranked higher

Kriti

I'm sure Megan has notes on how this is a disgrace to vogue a la half the comments section in the video. Idk, I thought it was super fun. Have a youtube comment:

I must say the man's suit and the vibes of the whole dance are amazing, the woman's vibe is amazing too, heck I created a whole playlist just for this video with the name "cool woman vibes, cool man's suit, cool vibes"

Wallace

This was a cute, fun and electricfying routine. It was nice to see a Vogue on a SYTYCD show. It was fun, sassy, entertaining and they had lots of high energy. Both Carly and Matt did well.

Derek

This is totally wild and fun and memorable. If we were going to go with a wild/fun/memorable Carly routine I VASTLY would have preferred the Barbie routine with Phillipe!!! But this is still fun

Megan

A mid-level vogue routine that looks better because we don't get vogue on this show. But overall. Eh.

9. Phillipe Witana & Robbie Kmetoni - " Take Your Shirt Off" - (Hip-Hop by Tiana Canterbury)

7pos84.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Megan - 6

Kriti - 6

Gigi - 7

Wallace - 7

Rei - 9

Patryk  - 12

Derek - 12

Zoey - 16

Avg. Score = 9.38

COMMENTS

Megan

This is top 2 same-gender hip-hop routines with Comfort/Jasmine. Robbie is maybe surprisingly good. Phillipe is just flat out great.

Kriti

phillipe doing what he does best. no complaints from me. also this gets massive points for being the only "true" HH routine on this list. also also a coda that robbie's part of this gets ten times better if you imagine this routine is phillipe trying to impress HIM rather than outdo him.

Wallace

This was a really fun routine from Phillipe & Robbie. I thought Phillipe crushed and owned this. He was in his element and completely nailing the dance. It was nice seeing him getting a hard hitting routine that he could shine in. Robbie surprised me here and did really well too. He pulled this off better than I expected. They had swagger, attitude and matched each other well with their dancing. Although I also get like a father/son vibe from them dancing this routine too - with their very different ages and statures. :dead:

Rei

If I was Robbie I would have also tried to undress Phillipe. Super fun routine and well danced. Phillipe was great and Robbie kept up!

Derek

GO OFF ROBBIE. This is when he decided he really really wanted to win the show. He ate Phillipe up in this lmao even though Phillipe wasn’t bad by any means. Also no one is complaining for them taking their shirts off let’s be honest. The slowdown in the middle is iconic

Edited by .Rei

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (AU3) (#12-09 Posted)