SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (NL5) (Round 5)

.Rei

AU3 RESULTS PART ONE

20. Ivy Heeney - "Big Spender" - (Jazz)

7phvg8.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@*Wallace - 4

@taylorkat - 15

@Erestor - 18

@totes4totes - 18

@.Rei - 20

@Zoey - 20

@FrogLenzen - 20

@kritaaay - 20

Avg. Score = 16.88

COMMENTS

Wallace

I know I'm not normally a big solos person but there are a few I absolutely love and obsessed with.... and Ivy's "Big Spender" is one of those solos for me. I also felt like this solo was a game changer for Ivy and helped her stand out to become a contender after two okay weeks/dances with Gaz. She showcased so much star quality here. I already LOVE this from her starting first pose before she starts dancing. But then she gives us everything here - amazing stage presence, lots of personality, sexiness, hotness, power, amazing dancing, slayage technical technique with her pirouettes and just all around so much fierceness! :omg: One of my all-time favorite solos!

Megan

Jessie gets one single routine and Ivy gets a solo. 😐

Rei

generic solo and it shouldn't have made this top 20. This is now the lowest score for a #20 in a Top 20, excluding the seasons with 30 routines!

Derek

The group routine and soloist hater puts through a solo for his choice! There were other Ivy duets that would have been nice to see over this. If we were going to have a solo then Jessie is the one who deserved. Or maybe Renee, one of hers was fire. AU3 was too strong to have this here imo but I do love me some Ivy. If only Wallace played the SYTYCD Worldwide game…

Kriti

This is a fine solo. Nothing spectacular. It's really just here because she's "sexy." And sorry but she isn't that sexy in this.

19. Renee Ritchie & Phillipe Witana - "Fallin' Out" - (Hip-Hop by Jesse Rasmussen)

7phw2v.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Wallace - 9

Gigi - 9

Zoey - 11

Megan - 11

Rei - 13

Derek - 18

Kriti - 18

Patryk  - 19

Avg. Score = 13.50

COMMENTS

Wallace

I had this on my shorlist of dances to put through but I'm glad Megan helped this out after I opted against it. This is a really good, smooth and emotional routine from Renee & Phillipe. I thought they had great chemistry in both a romantic and emotional way. I love how they dance the routine - and how they dance the choreography together and side by side. A great dance for them to kick off their partnership. Also love the song choice and totally here for them dancing to Keyshia Cole too.

Megan

This is quite good. Especially when you take in to consideration that it's week 1, Renee is not a hip-hop dancer, and that this is Jesse's first choreography for the show. Overall I enjoy it a lot but it's not one of my absolute favorites from the season.

Rei

Renee was very very good at this and Phillipe was brilliant as expected. A very good first routine from them.

Derek

Not one that usually comes to mind for me for this season, but it’s not bad. Lose the flower and it improves tremendously. Renee hits a lot of this like a jazz dancer while Phillipe lays back a little more. Solid hip-hop choreo but not super exciting for me

Kriti

Very well-danced for what it was but also I am extremely over that style of emotional hip-hop and have been for a long time now. Unfortunately 2010 was peak for that style.

(tie) 17-18. Jess Stokes & Kieran McMahon - " Cry Me A River" - (Foxtrot by Trent and Gordana)

7phwlr.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Megan - 7

Kriti - 10

Wallace - 11

Zoey - 13

Rei - 14

Patryk  - 15

Derek - 16

Gigi - 18

Avg. Score = 13.00

COMMENTS

Megan

Did I purposefully vote last? No. But when given the opportunity to do so did I strategically vote to make sure this routine would end up in the top 20? Yes. This may be like the one foxtrot I both actively like and actively remember across the course of the show (well, also Danny and Anya). I think this is Kieran's best routine and that's because Jess is a fantastic performer.

Kriti

I actually kind of love how unnecessarily dramatic this is I'm not gonna lie. Jess deserved more spots on this ranking, also not gonna lie.

Wallace

This is quite the dramatic and intense Foxtrot, which makes sense given its song choice. Kieran partnered and showcased Jess wonderfully here. He portrayed and danced like the leading ballroom dancer he is. Jess held her own and did well too. Her technique wasn't as good as his but that's understandable. I do think this dance relied a lot on the drama - and felt like a Paso Foxtrot but it was still fun to watch.

Rei

this is pretty good and something I wasn't expecting from Jess. Kieran was super strong as week. Trent and Gordon really nailed the choreography and the concept of the dance. 

Derek

Acting was never Kieran’s strong suit and duets were never Jess’s strong suit. But this is stronger than I remembered.

(tie) 17-18. Jessica Prince, Kieran McMahon, Matt Geronimi & Will Centurion - "Never Tear Us Apart" - (Viennese Waltz by Jason Gilkison)

7phxg2.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Rei - 7

Zoey - 7

Patryk  - 7

Derek - 9

Wallace - 16

Megan - 19

Kriti - 19

Gigi - 20

Avg. Score = 13.00

COMMENTS

Rei

This is just brilliant. Jason slayed AU3 so hard. I've always enjoyed Waltz but it is hard to make a group routine that interesting and exciting and he just nailed it here. Booooo at those bottom rankings

Derek

Jason is a genius. AU3 has the best set of group routines. Also this song is perfection. The pictures that Jason was able to make with the 4 dancers and then the fabric as well, such great and intricate choreography. Tough for Jessica to start with her best moment lol. 

Wallace

I completely forgot about this dance (and well all of the Showcase routines of this season). This is good. I like how it's dramatic and has a Contemporary flair with some Viennese Waltz content. Jessica stood out as the lone female dancer... while Kieran, Matt (whom I forgot was a ballroom dancer) and Will all did well in their parts. 

Megan

NGL. I am actually pretty disappointed that this made it and Don and Gaz's Bboy routine did not even pass the first round of selections.

Kriti

it was fine, too hetero tbh, the stuff with the red cloth at the end was cool but needed a lot more of that to be interesting, also the music made me cringe

Edited by .Rei

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (AU3) (#20-#16 Posted)
18 hours ago, .Rei said:

The routine entering the Robbed Gallery is.................................

I like that!!!!!!!!!

7phsdq.gif

I Like That - 2 Votes

Kissing You - 1 Vote

I Question Mark - 1 Vote

And No More Shall We Part - 1 Vote

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - 1 Vote

Neutron Dance - 1 Vote

Mein Herr - 1 Vote

Oh... I don't even remember this routine. :dead: 

Gross @ Ivy's solo being last. Y'all are wrong and messed up for that. That solo is iconic, deserves more love and I will always stand by that. :kissbye: Though I did chuckle at Derek's name for me. :giggle: I will take ownership in that, lol.

Other than that, not really pleased with this first set. Ugh I loved "Fallin' Out" and that being 19th is sad for me too. :( I didn't expect to put "Cry Me a River" as high as I did but that just ended up working that way.