SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US10) (Round 1 - Sign-Ups Open)

.Rei

US9 RESULTS FINAL PART

4. Cyrus "Glitch" Spencer & Comfort Fedoke - "Cinema" - (Dubstep by Christopher Scott)

8mckbw.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

@kritaaay - 2

@FrogLenzen - 3

@.Rei - 4

@totes4totes - 6

@*Wallace - 7

@taylorkat - 9

@Erestor - 10

@Zoey - 13

Avg. Score = 6.75

COMMENTS

Derek

The perfect SYTYCD routine. Nothing could be improved.

Rei

Love this! Comfort and Cyrus had no business being this good! Imagine if Christopher Scott hadn't produced this and Misty Blue, he would literally not have any good duo.

Megan

I watch this one a lot. I don't necessarily think it's my favorite routine from the season but it's definitely the one I rewatch the most. I just really like Comfort in this, haha. I think that it starts out slow but everything from when the beat picks up to lead to that drop on ranges from pretty good to really good. The tutting section is very neat. I love Comfort just letting all the popcorn fall on to her face at the end. Nobody eats popcorn that way. Dubstep is a fake genre.

Wallace

I am so curious about "Dubstep" as a dance style. That's a new one to me. But okay, THIS is a routine I can really appreciate from Cyrus. I thought this was such a fun, cool and creative routine here. I love how Cyrus dances this dance and really gets to showcase his dance style so well here. Comfort really shines in this dance. She usually outshines her partners in these hip-hop routines she does. So it's nice how Cyrus matches her movements so well. I LOVE and live for the breakdown section of the dance - especially all of that tutting they do! :omg: This is really such a cool and sick routine. Easily my favorite from Cyrus.

3. Cole Horibe & Allison Holker - "Possibly Maybe" - (Contemporary by Sonya Tayeh)

8mckek.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Gigi - 2

Derek - 2

Rei - 3

Zoey - 5

Megan - 5

Wallace - 6

Patryk  - 9

Kriti - 11

Avg. Score = 5.38

COMMENTS

Derek

Wow. We talked about this in the Superlatives game but this is beyond. I think it’s underrated by casual fans so I’m glad that enough of you here agree on this one that it keeps doing well in these games. A masterpiece by Sonya. Allison’s finest performance. Cole’s fullest potential in this genre. A masterclass in tension and intension. Allison and Cole are both great dance-actors but they tend to go over the top. Here their acting quirks fit LITERALLY perfectly with these characters, like there are no other dancers who would be better cast in this piece. 

Rei

Perfection! Flawless! Allison, Cole and Sonya at their top of the game!

Megan

Love a great weird Sonya routine. Allison is great. Cole is great. I don't have much more to say. This is my write-up from @FrogLenzen's superlative game. I'm not adding any more.

Wallace

This is a really haunting and beautiful Contemporary routine from Cole & Allison. I will kinda admit that I forgot how stunning and powerful this routine. It's not one of those dances that sticks in my mind. But Allison is obviously amazing and incredible in this. But Cole also does a fantastic job here and is really great here too. I love how slick and intense their movements are. Their chemistry is so bone chilling too.

2. Witney Carson & tWitch Boss - "My Homies Still" - (Hip-Hop by Luther Brown)

8mckh0.gif

Watch Here 

RANKINGS:

Rei - 1

Gigi - 1

Kriti - 1

Wallace - 3

Zoey - 3

Megan - 4

Derek - 5

Patryk  - 15

Avg. Score = 4.13

COMMENTS

Rei

Luther arrival's to the US was everything that I wanted and more! Witney slayed and tWitch just showed once again why he was the finest hip hop dancer this show has ever seen. I miss him all the time!

Gigi

My favorite of the season by far. R.I.P. tWitch

Kriti

Honestly the only hip-hop worth anything this season and it was great to see Luther make his debut in the US.

Wallace

I can't believe that this is the only pure Hip-Hop routine here. Was the Hip-Hop really bad or lackluster this season? I completely forgot. But anyway, that doesn't matter because what I do remember is how much Witney SLAYED this routine! This was such a hard hitting routine. Witney really stepped it up and danced it in such a killer way alongside tWitch, who of course slayed this and was so natural in this. I loved the attitude and style they both had dancing this separately and together. :bobo: I love how OFF they go on the "go stupid" parts! This is one of those routine sthat get me so excited and so hype whenever I watch this. :bobo:

Megan

I've cooled on this a lot since I first watched it, mostly because I don't really like Witney that much anymore, so I was almost surprised how much I liked this on rewatch. It's such a breath air for US SYTYCD and I think after this NappyTabs even stepped up because they realized they couldn't do shit like "Lovecats" anymore. I am still mad at "Lovecats." Witney is convincing. Twitch is excellent (and also looks so good not doing a NappyTabs routine).

Derek

You guys do not understand. How hard I hoped and prayed that Luther would come to the US show. And then it finally happened and it was everything I dreamed. And he stayed on the show and is STILL involved in the show in the current season 18. Dreams come true. Ily Twitch thank you for everything you gave us. The armpit farting part is iconic to me lmfao

1. Tiffany Maher & Benji Schwimmer - "What I Like About You" - (Jive by Jean-Marc Genereux)

8mckkk.gif

Watch Here

RANKINGS:

Wallace - 1

Derek - 1

Zoey - 1

Rei - 2

Patryk  - 2

Kriti - 3

Megan - 3

Gigi - 5

Avg. Score = 2.25

COMMENTS

Wallace

Oooh this Jive was a really impressive dance from Tiffany & Benji. I love how fun and entertaining this dance is. Tiffany really stepped up, surprised and impressed with this. Wow, her kicks & flicks were SO sharp, preice and technically amazing! Benji always has such electrifying energy with his dancing and performing and he showcased that off here. Wow at how well Tiffany matched his energy here. They danced as one unit and like a partnership theyh have been dancing together for years. :omg: I love everything about this dance - from the side by side dancing, the tricks, the partnering work and just everything I want to see in a Jive! :wub: That trick where Benji picks Tiffany up, twirls her up in the air and then they do that other spin afterf that - crazy stuff. Then those three assisted cartwheel moves - also more crazy stuff! :omg: This Jive just makes me smile and so happy every time I see it. Definitely a major season highlight!

Derek

The return of Benji is one of my favorite moments ever. Benji invented SYTYCD. He’s truly one-in-a-generation performer to me. His technique and talent is insane in so many different genres. And for Tiffany to stand on that stage next to him and collaborate like that is a testament to her undeniable ability as well. 

Zoey

One of the iconic routines from the show. Tiffany was such a surprise for us all. :wub:

Rei

just look at me and Megan being objective despite not caring for Tiffany.. take note from this, Tiffany fans!!!!! just a sensational routine. Tiffany was ver good and was able to dance along Benji and shine. Benji showing how he is one of the most talented dancers this show has ever seen. One of the finest ballroom this show has had!

Megan

Give me the power of time travel and the position of ABC reality tv casting director so I can get Benji in as a pro on DWTS. This routine would be higher except Tiffany. She's like the one dancer that I agree with Elliott on and not Dee. She's fine. She's good. Tiffany is just like BEC levels with me. She doesn't bring down Benji. Great choreo from JMG.

• .Rei changed the title to SYTYCD Routines Mini-Rankdown (US9) (Winner revealed)

Gigi and Derek are the ones who have had their favorite routine win the most times in their respective seasons

8 - Gigi (US3, AU1, AU2, US5, NL2, CA3, NL3, NL4)

8 - Derek (NL2, US6, UK1, US7, NL3, UK2, NL4, US9)

7 - Rei (AU2, US5, CA2, NL2, AU3, CA3, NL4)

5 - Wallace (US1, AU2, US5, US6, US9)

5 - Megan (US2, CA1, AU2, NL2, NL3)

5 - Kriti (NL1, AU2, NL2, US6, CA4)

4 - Dee (US1, CA2, NL2, US6)

3 - Alex (US3, AU1, US4)

3 - Chris (US3, US4, US5)

3 - Patryk (AU2, US5, NL3)

3 - Amanda (AU2, UK2, US8)

2 - Zoey (US7, US9)

2 - JC (AU1, US4)

1 - Diana (US5)

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, .Rei said:

Gigi and Derek are the ones who have had their favorite routine win the most times in their respective seasons

Lwts Lets GIF - Lwts Lets Go - Discover & Share GIFs

Wow.... what a flawless order of the Final 4 routines. :omg: Exactly the way I wanted it go down. Even though I'm still sad that "Unstoppable" missed out. But still, a great order.

LOL Patryk with that #15 ranking for "My Homies Still." :dead: I always knew he was a Witney hater. 😢 :camera:

That score for the "What I Like About You" is absolutely insane! :omg: Has a routine ever had as low of an 2.25 average before? 😮 

5 hours ago, .Rei said:

What I Like About You has the best average for a routine from a non-Benelux season

Thanks for this fun fact. I was wondering if this was the case as I figured some Benelux seasons had winners with a lower average.

5 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

What a great top 4! I can't believe that final average!

Yeah the final averages are insane. Those scores for those final 3.... would all be winner worthy scores in any regular season. :omg: 

5 hours ago, totes4totes said:

it's fake @*Wallace

Lmao I thought so but wasn't sure. :dead: LOL it's further proof how much this show catered to Cyrus with his dance styles.  :haha: 

5 hours ago, .Rei said:

7 - Rei (AU2, US5, CA2, NL2, AU3, CA3, NL4)

5 - Wallace (US1, AU2, US5, US6, US9)

5 - Megan (US2, CA1, AU2, NL2, NL3)

5 - Kriti (NL1, AU2, NL2, US6, CA4)

4 - Dee (US1, CA2, NL2, US6)

3 - Alex (US3, AU1, US4)

3 - Chris (US3, US4, US5)

3 - Patryk (AU2, US5, NL3)

3 - Amanda (AU2, UK2, US8)

2 - Zoey (US7, US9)

2 - JC (AU1, US4)

1 - Diana (US5)

Thanks for these stats here! Woww this is all really impressive. 😮 I think I'm doing the best out of those that don't participate in the NL seasons. 😮 I wonder how well I could have done if I participated in those seasons. :giggle: 

7 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

OMGG WOW. :dead:  What dance was that? I would guess that iconic Angels and Els dance?

yup!

Nina and Meysam's modern also scored a 2.20. The caveat is that it's easier to score better in the Benelux seasons because not as many people participate.

9 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Lmao I thought so but wasn't sure. :dead: LOL it's further proof how much this show catered to Cyrus with his dance styles.  :haha: 

Haha. The funny thing is they could have just called this a hip-hop or a popping routine! And that would have been fine! I think it was more SYTYCD trying to seem like they were with the times.

10 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

yup!

Nina and Meysam's modern also scored a 2.20. The caveat is that it's easier to score better in the Benelux seasons because not as many people participate.

Ah I thought so. That seemed like the only dance that would have a perfect score.

That's great on the Nina and Meysam's modern. :yes: And yeah I figured that it's much easier for dancers to have lower/closer to perfect scores with less rankers. :yes: 

9 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Haha. The funny thing is they could have just called this a hip-hop or a popping routine! And that would have been fine! I think it was more SYTYCD trying to seem like they were with the times.

Mhmmm, exactly. They should have labeled it as an actual style. :lmao: LMAO this last sentence though. That doesn't surprise me. :lmao: