Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (S6 #04-01 Posted)

#7!

The Clues:

- Could have something colorful in common with another Top 10 act

- Has a license to kill anyone with vocals

- Was eliminated in another show in a week in which the buzz should've been strong

7. Bee/Gladys Knight

Season 1: Third Place

latest?cb=20200116042012&f=1&nofb=1 gladys-knight-at-clive-davis-and-recording-academy-pre-grammy-gala-in-new-york-01-27-2018-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Bee - Chandelier

Bee - Locked Out Of Heaven

Bee - Wrecking Ball

Bee - What’s Love Got To Do With It

Bee - (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman

Bee - I Can’t Make You Love Me

Bee Unmasking

Coming in at lucky #7 is an insect that brought a lot of sweetness to TMS! Bee was certainly one of the more impressive acts during S1 and in general. The costume was designed well outside of the mask. If I had to pick my favorite parts, they would be the wings and the open stinger with the four thin black legs on it. Finally, the honeycomb-like collar was a nice design touch. Beyond that, Bee gave us some of the strongest vocal performances on the show. Speaking of which, let’s get right into it.

Bee began her TMS run with Chandelier, which is a difficult song to sing. However, she gave a strong vocal, and I was very familiar with the voice from the get-go. :yes: She followed that with Locked Out Of Heaven, which was a lot of fun. My favorite parts were the “uhs” and Joel McHale's booty shaking dance. :lmao: With that said, the drapes in the background were kind of distracting. Bee then gave one of my favorite vocal performances the next time she took the stage with Wrecking Ball. Funny enough, I’m not a Miley Cyrus fan, but WB is a song I’ve always liked. It’s in my Top 5 S1 TMS performances, and I’d go as far as saying Bee’s version is my favorite rendition of the song. She came back the next time with What’s Love Got To Do With It. She was vocally strong as always; however, my favorite parts are the hip shakes during the pre-chorus and Ken’s actions during the whole performance. Next was A Natural Woman, which was a very soulful performance. With that said, the main thing I noticed was her mouth moving underneath the mask’s mouth. In addition to this, Kelly kind of spoiled me on the song because all I can hear is the whistle note during the “you make me feel so alive” part. :haha: Back to Bee, she would make it to the finals where she sang a really pretty version of I Can’t Make You Love Me. If there was anything to criticize over this performance, it was the rising platform and the creepy looking dancers. Having said that, I hoped she’d at least finish in the Top 2; however, she placed third when it was all said and done. I think the main thing that hurt her was the perception of the performance not being as dynamic as Peacock’s or Monster’s; then again, who really knows how the voting works in this show. Regardless, she was unmasked as R&B/soul legend Gladys Knight. I knew it was her from the beginning. I picked up on the hints from the first clue package, with the main one being empress because her nickname is The Empress of Soul. Hearing her sing from the first note confirmed it. I loved how almost everyone, from the regular panel to the guest singers, knew it was her almost instantly. Kenan Thompson was all “everyone knows that’s Gladys Knight”. Speaking of whom, I liked his speech to her after her unmasking. Of course, Ken had to be contrarian and was adamant about Bee being Anita Baker. :lmao: The last thing I’ll say is that I would definitely buy any recordings of the songs Bee sang because she still has the voice, plus I think she’s the best of the soul divas to do the soul and slayed her more contemporary performances. Overall, Bee was one of the best acts of S1 and one I highly enjoyed.

07. Bee/Gladys Knight:

I'll explain the first clue. The something colorful in common was referring to the colors black and yellow. Bee's costume was black and yellow, as are bees in general. In addition, Black And Yellow is a song by Wiz Khalifa AKA Chameleon, who is in the Top 10 of this ranking along with Bee. The other two clues were already explained.

The Sensational Six:

Monster

Fox

Rottweiler

Frog

Sun

Seahorse

The clues for #6:

- Fell short against it natural rival in another habitat

- Microphone checka, swingin' sword lecture; closin' down the sector, supreme neck protector

- Was invited to fill up a tank and hit the road with a band

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (#7 Posted)
  • 3 weeks later...

Time for #6.

The clues:

- Fell short against its natural rival in another habitat

- Microphone checka, swingin' sword lecture; closin' down the sector, supreme neck protector

- Was invited to fill up a tank and hit the road with a band

6. Rottweiler/Chris Daughtry

Season 2: Second Place

tmg-article_tall;jpeg_quality=20.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 bd180faf466e857692cc6b2c89198160.jpeg&f=1&nofb=1

Rottweiler - Maneater

Rottweiler - Love Runs Out

Rottweiler - Castle On The Hill

Rottweiler - Grenade

Rottweiler - Someone You Loved

Rottweiler - Mr. Brightside

Rottweiler - Alive

Rottweiler Unmasking

To paraphrase Baha Men, I let the dogs - or in this case, dog - out. :haha: Barking and roaming his way into the #6 spot is Rottweiler. The costume is one of my favorites of the series. I liked the mask, coat, jeans, hat, and shoes. I also liked when he wore the Santa hat along with the Christmas sweater. What I found the most interesting was the reason he picked the costume, which was to help him overcome his fear of rottweilers. Outside of the costume, Rottweiler was a consistent act who gave his fair share of great performances on the show and from what I understand, considered to be a favorite to win the whole thing. With that said, on to the performances.

He started his impressive run with a great performance of Maneater. Along with the strong vocals, he showed some nice swag when moving with the dancers seeing that he isn’t much of a dancer normally. As with Bee, I was familiar with the voice from the beginning, especially that unmistakable vibrato. The performance was enough for him to beat Tree in the head-to-head and emerge from Group B. The next time Rottweiler took the stage was the fifth episode in which he sang Love Runs Out, which was a performance very similar to Maneater. Next, he took on the Ed Sheeran single Castle On A Hill, which was another solid effort on his behalf. Following that, he gave an explosive performance of Grenade (ducks tomatoes thrown at me) that I enjoyed despite being tired of hearing that song. That performance won him the head-to-head against Flower and allowed him to advance to the next round. There he stepped away from the up-tempo performances and sang the Lewis Capaldi ballad Someone You Loved. Unfortunately, this is my least favorite performance of his; however, it has nothing to do with Rottweiler himself. On the contrary, he sang the song and emoted it really well. Also, it has nothing to do with being a ballad. It’s just that, like I mentioned in Turtle’s write-up, I am not a Lewis Capaldi fan and I like Someone You Loved even less than Before You Go. OK, enough of my Lewis Capaldi grumblings, time to move on to the next performance which was Mr. Brightside. This was a rather interesting performance. It started off as a ballad, and I thought the rest of the performance would be the same. However, it became the more up-tempo version it’s known for during the chorus. Regardless, it was still a strong performance and it was enough for him to advance to the finals alongside Flamingo and Fox. There he gave, which was not only my favorite performance of his, but one of my overall favorite TMS performances with Alive. It helps that I love the song (funny enough, not when Sia sings it). In addition, the dancers were both great and hilarious, especially at the beginning of it. It was certainly a great final performance of the season and one that would’ve been worthy enough to win it all. Nonetheless, he was the runner-up to Fox and was unmasked as Chris Daughtry. I was surprised none of the panel got him; I like to think they were unfamiliar with him because anyone who was familiar would’ve known it was him from the first performance of the season. :haha: From what I understand, there were complaints about him not winning the season, but it is what it is. Regardless, Rottweiler is one of the best TMS acts when it’s all said and done.

06. Rottweiler/Chris Daughtry:

The Fab Five:

Monster

Fox

Frog

Sun

Seahorse

#5 to come some time.

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (#6 Posted)
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 8:32 PM, Crisis said:

No, it was a joke!

We just need someone who's as over the top as Donny! :lmao: How dare they make the video of such iconic television not available?! 😡 Whoever did such a thing has no taste! 😤

Happy to see you're happy! Oh, I guess I wasn't paying too much attention when they referenced it. :haha: I don't have much argument regarding his performances. I kind of noticed you like to bring the drama once in a while. :giggle: I understand the reasoning of why Archie's was more devastating. I think it has to do with the level of investment because the voters determine who wins whereas it's only a few groups who determine the winner of TMS. Plus the stakes are higher on Idol because the prize is a recording contract whereas it's a trophy and bragging rights on TMS.

There's nothing wrong with tooting one's own horn at such an accomplishment! :yes:

Oh no, you didn't mess up anything. I've been so busy I haven't been able to churn out any rankings or write-ups at the pace I want. Ah, the wonder that is life.

08. I can definitely see how the face can be creepy. :lmao: I had a feeling this was an act you wouldn't care for. The panel hypes everyone! I didn't feel she was hyped more than most. I'd probably have to check myself in therapy if there are any more lips-based costumes. :lmao: As you know, I'm not afraid to be critical of acts or people I'm a fan of. Seeing that Frog has yet to be ranked, I like him over her as well; however, I still am a fan of Night Angel. 

Well, you were the only one to try to guess the clues. :dead:

I know. :blushingwave: But I can use it to excuse me for how horrible I am at keeping up with things these days. :wacko:  

Yes! :lmao: Ugh seriously. :( I need to see if there's another video.

Thank you! Ahh yes. I'm glad we agree and hope you enjoy my ~drama~. :lmao: Yes, these are all good points and what contributed to it. :yes: 

Thank you. ❤️ 

Ahhh okay. I sure know it about life!

Haha yeah. I know they cheer everyone on but I didn't think she was as amazing as they said, although I don't remember the specific comments. It's just how I feel. Welp, the Queen of Hearts has some prominent lips on their costume. :giggle: Yes, I understand. 

Well yay me for that, I guess. :giggle: 

07. Bee/Gladys Knight: Ahhh I get the first clue now, but would have never figured that out. :haha: At least I still got her with the other clues.  Gladys definitely has a very distinct voice and even I could recognize it. :giggle: LOL your comments on the LooH performance. She was definitely a strong and consistent performer. "the main thing I noticed was her mouth moving underneath the mask’s mouth. 😮  I don't remember. LOL at creepy looking dancers in her final performance. I also love the Kenan moment declaring it was her. :haha:  Ken is so silly, as always.  Anyway, Bee wasn't necessarily a favorite of mine, but she was good and worthy of making it to the end.

06. Rottweiler/Chris Daughtry: Okay, I thought of Chris for the first two clues... although not quite sure I have the reason for the second one. :haha: And sort of thought he fit the last one too considering his band, but I'm sure there's more to it. Anyway, I love the Rottweiler costume so much! :wub: Definitely one of my favorites. I also love how he dressed for Christmas. ❤️  I forgot he was scared of rottweilers. 😮  This was the first time I knew who someone was right away and before the show even started. :haha: I heard him sing on a commercial and recognized his voice instantly. He was so consistent and I loved his run on the show. "Following that, he gave an explosive performance of Grenade (ducks tomatoes thrown at me) " Wait, why are tomatoes being thrown? I'm confused. But oh nooo, once again Someone You Loved was one of my top favorites of his. It was so good. 😭  But yessssss, Alive was my other top favorite of his! That was such a moment. I already wanted him to win and thought that performance could have done it. :broken: He's definitely among my all-time favorites and I was disappointed he came up short, although Fox was my second favorite. 

On 10/10/2021 at 6:53 PM, miss denise said:

I know. :blushingwave: But I can use it to excuse me for how horrible I am at keeping up with things these days. :wacko:  

Yes! :lmao: Ugh seriously. :( I need to see if there's another video.

Thank you! Ahh yes. I'm glad we agree and hope you enjoy my ~drama~. :lmao: Yes, these are all good points and what contributed to it. :yes: 

Thank you. ❤️ 

Ahhh okay. I sure know it about life!

Haha yeah. I know they cheer everyone on but I didn't think she was as amazing as they said, although I don't remember the specific comments. It's just how I feel. Welp, the Queen of Hearts has some prominent lips on their costume. :giggle: Yes, I understand. 

Well yay me for that, I guess. :giggle: 

You're excused. ^_^

Hopefully there is or the original is uploaded at the very least.

:lmao:

You're welcome. ❤️

Yeah, it can be the pits at times.

I guess we agree to disagree regarding her. I slightly expressed my complaints about the Queen of Hearts costume in the episode thread. :haha: With that said, this one isn't as bad because it's not just lips. :haha: Happy to see you do.

At least someone did. I'll most likely refrain from posting any more clues and just post the acts. Speaking of which, I'll try to have #5 up in the next couple of days.

On 10/10/2021 at 7:05 PM, miss denise said:

07. Bee/Gladys Knight: Ahhh I get the first clue now, but would have never figured that out. :haha: At least I still got her with the other clues.  Gladys definitely has a very distinct voice and even I could recognize it. :giggle: LOL your comments on the LooH performance. She was definitely a strong and consistent performer. "the main thing I noticed was her mouth moving underneath the mask’s mouth. 😮  I don't remember. LOL at creepy looking dancers in her final performance. I also love the Kenan moment declaring it was her. :haha:  Ken is so silly, as always.  Anyway, Bee wasn't necessarily a favorite of mine, but she was good and worthy of making it to the end.

06. Rottweiler/Chris Daughtry: Okay, I thought of Chris for the first two clues... although not quite sure I have the reason for the second one. :haha: And sort of thought he fit the last one too considering his band, but I'm sure there's more to it. Anyway, I love the Rottweiler costume so much! :wub: Definitely one of my favorites. I also love how he dressed for Christmas. ❤️  I forgot he was scared of rottweilers. 😮  This was the first time I knew who someone was right away and before the show even started. :haha: I heard him sing on a commercial and recognized his voice instantly. He was so consistent and I loved his run on the show. "Following that, he gave an explosive performance of Grenade (ducks tomatoes thrown at me) " Wait, why are tomatoes being thrown? I'm confused. But oh nooo, once again Someone You Loved was one of my top favorites of his. It was so good. 😭  But yessssss, Alive was my other top favorite of his! That was such a moment. I already wanted him to win and thought that performance could have done it. :broken: He's definitely among my all-time favorites and I was disappointed he came up short, although Fox was my second favorite. 

07. I pretty much agree with everything here, except she obviously is a favorite of mine. :haha:

06. The second clue were lyrics to the Method Man & Redman song Da Rockwilder. The third clue is a reference to Chris receiving an offer to be the lead singer of Fuel after his season of Idol. The Rottweiler costume was a great one. :yes: My comments on Grenade was a bad pun because of grenades exploding. :haha: I won't say too much about Alive because Fox hasn't appeared yet and want to expand more on that in his write-up.

#5!

5. Fox/Wayne Brady

Season 2: First Place

ms_s2_singles_fox_v1_webres.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 152557.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Fox - This Love

Fox - Hey Look Ma, I Made It

Fox - Every Little Step

Fox - Tennessee Whiskey

Fox - Blame It

Fox - This Christmas

Fox - Try A Little Tenderness

Fox Unmasking

At #5 is Fox. Fox was an entertaining and versatile act whose performances I’ve enjoyed in some form or another. I went back and forth between him and Rottweiler as far as my favorite S2 acts were concerned; in the end I gave Fox the slight edge. His costume is one of the best designed ones in the series. I liked the whole steampunk/Sherlock Holmes type of vibe it had going for it. In addition, it appeared to be part-cyborg, seeing that the right half of its face, especially the eye, was mechanical. With that said, onto Fox’s time on TMS.

He began his run with a strong performance of This Love, which is a song I don’t care for mainly due to it being overplayed. As great as Fox was, however, the best part was the dancer. She really got into character during the performance. He easily won the head-to-head against Penguin and advanced to the next round. His next performance Hey Look Ma, I Made It was a great case of showmanship, especially the dance breakdown in the middle of it. The subsequent performance of Every Little Step was more of the same, with the highlights being Nicole, Ken, and Triumph dancing (:bobo:) and the split Fox did at the end. I also noticed he wore different pants for the performance. The next time Fox took the stage, he did away with the dancing and performing and gave a smooth performance of Tennessee Whiskey. The performance was good enough for him to beat Butterfly in the head-to-head and advance to the next round. After that, he went back to a more upbeat performance with Blame It (I got a kick out of T-Pain saying it was a great song. I wonder why he thought that 🤔 :haha:). The jazzy like intro was a nice touch before the rest of the performance went into gear. This is my second favorite performance of his. I also think this performance dispelled any notion he was Jamie Foxx because from what I understand no act has sung any of their own songs on the show thus far. Fox next took the stage and sang This Christmas for the Christmas themed episode. This Christmas is one of my favorite Christmas songs, so I enjoyed this performance a lot. In addition, I liked the holly he added onto his hat and chest. Finally, my favorite thing about the performance was the interaction with the dancer (who did her thing in her own right) from turning the imaginary knob on the snow globe and the hug at the end. I think this is one of the few times the act physically interacted with a dancer, so it was a nice touch. Fox would then advance to the finals and gave not only my personal favorite performance of his, but another one of my all-time favorite TMS performances with Try A Little Tenderness. He clearly pulled out all of the stops for this one. The most memorable part may be the rap verse in the middle, but the whole performance was great. Apparently that performance was enough for Fox to win the season which I had no issues with, although Rottweiler would’ve made a great winner as well. Fox was unmasked as Wayne Brady, who I kind of figured out early on. I believe there was some controversy over Fox winning, but as mentioned either him or Rottweiler would’ve been fine. All in all, Fox was certainly one of the most all-around acts TMS has ever had and one of the best overall. :yes:

05. Fox/Wayne Brady:

The Final Four:

Monster

Frog

Sun

Seahorse

#4 to come.

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (#5 Posted)
On 10/13/2021 at 7:50 AM, Crisis said:

You're excused. ^_^

06. The second clue were lyrics to the Method Man & Redman song Da Rockwilder. The third clue is a reference to Chris receiving an offer to be the lead singer of Fuel after his season of Idol. The Rottweiler costume was a great one. :yes: My comments on Grenade was a bad pun because of grenades exploding. :haha: I won't say too much about Alive because Fox hasn't appeared yet and want to expand more on that in his write-up.

Aww thanks. :wub: 

Oh, I did actually see that when I was doing my research and thought of him. :haha:  But okay, definitely didn't get the third clue. 

05. Fox/Wayne Brady: Fox was also a favorite of mine and my second favorite of the season! Nobody was going to top Rottweiler, but I still really loved him. He was definitely a great all-around performer. I also loved the costume.  LOL the highlight (or one of them) of his third performance being the judges dancing. Interesting point about Jamie Foxx (who needs to finally be on the show :giggle: ), but it would be funny if someone did perform their own song. I don't really remember there being controversy regarding Fox's win, although I did wish it was Rottweiler. :( But Fox was also great and still one of my favorites overall from the show. 

On 10/21/2021 at 7:43 PM, miss denise said:

Aww thanks. :wub: 

Oh, I did actually see that when I was doing my research and thought of him. :haha:  But okay, definitely didn't get the third clue. 

05. Fox/Wayne Brady: Fox was also a favorite of mine and my second favorite of the season! Nobody was going to top Rottweiler, but I still really loved him. He was definitely a great all-around performer. I also loved the costume.  LOL the highlight (or one of them) of his third performance being the judges dancing. Interesting point about Jamie Foxx (who needs to finally be on the show :giggle: ), but it would be funny if someone did perform their own song. I don't really remember there being controversy regarding Fox's win, although I did wish it was Rottweiler. :( But Fox was also great and still one of my favorites overall from the show. 

❤️

Thought of what? Sorry, I'm confused here. :haha: At least you know understand it!

05. Yes, Jamie needs to be on the show, if only for the panelists to stop guessing him every season. :haha: It would be funny to see someone perform one of their own songs. I guess the controversy came from me reading a bunch of posts after marathoning the season stating Rottweiler was "robbed" of the win. I'll say Rottweiler was the better technical singer but Fox was more of a complete performer. In a medium such as this, I think performers have more of an edge. With that said, as I said before, both would've been worthy winners.

I'll try to have #4 posted tomorrow.

4. Frog/Bow Wow

Season 3: Third Place

who-is-the-frog-the-masked-signer-fox-2341930.jpg?r=1583480391542&f=1&nofb=1 1408475866000-466219121_4379103_ver1.0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Frog - U Can’t Touch This

Frog - In Da Club

Frog - You Dropped A Bomb On Me

Frog - Jump

Frog - Fireball

Frog - Whatever It Takes

Frog - Bust A Move

Frog - Hip Hop Hooray

Frog - Bad Boy For Life

Frog Unmasking

Hip-hopping into the #4 spot is the last S3 act in this ranking. Frog was an entertaining performer who brought the energy and showmanship in just about every performance, which was great considering he claimed he never took dance lessons in his life. In addition, it was great to see a rapper do as well and make it as far as he did, to some extent paving the way for other acts such as Chameleon. Finally, his costume was another one of the better designed ones. The idea of a frog in a zoot suit and hat was a great concept. With this out of the way, it’s time to look at Frog’s time on TMS.

Frog started off with a great performance of U Can’t Touch This. As someone who was a huge MC Hammer fan, I was geeked to see this. The best part was him and the dancers doing the MC Hammer parachute dance. The only thing that would’ve made it better was him moving side-to-side the way MC Hammer did. I didn’t care too much for his next performance In Da Club, only because I’m not much of a fan of the song. With that said, the arrangement was interesting if not odd; nonetheless, he still showed a great stage presence. The next time Frog took the stage, he stepped away from the rap songs and sang You Dropped A Bomb On Me. He had an OK singing voice, but the performance was still a solid one. The best part, however, was the camera showing the old man really getting down during it. :lmao: It was enough for Frog to advance out of the Group B Championship. From there, he went back to his rap roots and gave another great performance of the Kris Kross hit Jump. The main thing I noticed was that he changed his shoes in this performance. I guess he wanted to feel more comfortable jumping if he had to (speaking of jumping, Frog performing a song called Jump did not slip past me :haha:). He made it out of the Group B section and performed Fireball the subsequent time out. This was another performance of his I didn’t really care for because once again I’m not really a fan of this song or Pitbull for that matter. It was enough for him to beat Kitty in the head-to-head match up and move on to the next round. There, he once again hopped away from his rap roots and performed Whatever It Takes. With that said, he still put his rap touch on the performance, plus this was his first and only performance he performed by himself. The highlight of the performance was him doing the moonwalk. He next came out with Bust A Move, which is one of my all-time favorite rap songs. It’s one of the songs I learned by heart and can still recite to this day. The performance itself was one of my favorites of his. He followed that with Hip Hop Hooray, which was another solid performance on his behalf. He changed back to his tennis shoes for this performance. The only thing is I wished he rapped Vinnie’s verse instead of Treach’s. Also, I think of Rita Wilson rapping this during her S5 guest appearance when this song comes up. He would advance to the finals, where he sang Bad Boy For Life. He gave a great finale-worthy performance, and I felt it was the best of the three; however, it goes down a few points for me because again I don’t care for the song. He placed third and was unmasked as Bow Wow. I thought it was him after the second performance. As with Chameleon, Frog was someone who I can’t say I’m a huge fan of outside of TMS but enjoyed him on the show. Overall, I do think Frog is the best rapper to be on the show and one of the best acts to be on TMS.

04. Frog/Bow Wow:

The Terrific Three:

Monster

Sun

Seahorse

#3 is on the horizon...

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (#4 Posted)
On 10/22/2021 at 7:55 PM, Crisis said:

Thought of what? Sorry, I'm confused here. :haha: At least you know understand it!

05. Yes, Jamie needs to be on the show, if only for the panelists to stop guessing him every season. :haha: It would be funny to see someone perform one of their own songs. I guess the controversy came from me reading a bunch of posts after marathoning the season stating Rottweiler was "robbed" of the win. I'll say Rottweiler was the better technical singer but Fox was more of a complete performer. In a medium such as this, I think performers have more of an edge. With that said, as I said before, both would've been worthy winners.

I'll try to have #4 posted tomorrow.

I thought of Rottweiler for the second clue! This one: "The second clue were lyrics to the Method Man & Redman song Da Rockwilder." :haha: 

Exactly. I want to see both of these things! Ahhh I see. I still prefer Rottweiler all around, but can see how the studio audience is more partial to the ones with more of a entertainer aspect. 

04. Frog/Bow Wow: Frog started out among my favorites from S3. I did like him more earlier on in the competition than near the end, but he was always fun. I also loved his costume. LOL I need to look back at this "old man really getting down" during his third performance. :giggle: I was not a fan at all of his Imagine Dragons performance, but I did like most of the other ones. I appreciated his showmanship. I wouldn't have been able to come up with Bow Wow on my own, but I was pretty sure it was him when everyone else (online) was. :haha:  He's probably my favorite rap act on the show so far. 

I have no idea how the top 3 will go. 😮 

On 10/25/2021 at 7:27 PM, miss denise said:

I thought of Rottweiler for the second clue! This one: "The second clue were lyrics to the Method Man & Redman song Da Rockwilder." :haha: 

Exactly. I want to see both of these things! Ahhh I see. I still prefer Rottweiler all around, but can see how the studio audience is more partial to the ones with more of a entertainer aspect. 

04. Frog/Bow Wow: Frog started out among my favorites from S3. I did like him more earlier on in the competition than near the end, but he was always fun. I also loved his costume. LOL I need to look back at this "old man really getting down" during his third performance. :giggle: I was not a fan at all of his Imagine Dragons performance, but I did like most of the other ones. I appreciated his showmanship. I wouldn't have been able to come up with Bow Wow on my own, but I was pretty sure it was him when everyone else (online) was. :haha:  He's probably my favorite rap act on the show so far. 

I have no idea how the top 3 will go. 😮 

Oh, OK. :haha:

From the looks of it, he won't be appearing this season. :/ :haha: Fair enough about Rottweiler and the studio audience.

04. Agreed that he seemed stronger during the beginning but always being fun. You should, it was fun although not anywhere near as epic as the guy in my avatar. :giggle: Too bad about not being a fan of the Imagine Dragons performance; I appreciated it because he tried something different. At least you were able to deduce who he was, even if there was help online. Good to see he's your favorite rap act so far.

We'll see what happens with the Top 3. I'll try to have #3 up by this weekend.

3. Seahorse/Tori Kelly

Season 4: Group B Finals

latest?cb=20200914160912&f=1&nofb=1 tori-kelly-at-chasing-happiness-premiere-in-los-angeles-06-03-2019-4.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Seahorse - Only Girl (In The World)

Seahorse - My Heart Will Go On

Seahorse - ...Baby One More Time

Seahorse - That’s What I Like

Seahorse Unmasking

Swimming into the #3 spot is Seahorse. Seahorse was a performer who had a nice mixture of strong singing and energetic performances. She was considered to be a strong contender to win the whole thing. In addition, the costume was yet another well designed one although it may not be as flashy as some of the other costumes. It really brought out the femininity of the act wearing it, and the colors blended well together. The only thing is that like Orca, it looked like the mask was heavy and difficult to hold up. I’d probably have it in my Top 10 TMS costumes. Now let’s look at Seahorse’s time on TMS.

She began her journey by singing the Rihanna hit Only Girl (In The World). It sounded as if she was trying to channel Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera at first. I loved Robin going “woo” and looking like he was feeling the performance. In addition, the cacti dancing definitely did their thing although I didn’t really see the relevance to the performance. Finally, Seahorse herself showed some nice moves during the chorus, especially when she looked like she was doing the running man. :haha: She easily made it to the Group B second round (Gremlin eliminating himself certainly helped, but she would’ve made it without his withdrawal, nonetheless), and she sang My Heart Will Go On the next time she took the stage. Considered to be one of the greatest TMS performances, it's easy to see why that claim is made. Celine Dion is challenging to sing on her own; this song is definitely one of the hardest to sing in her catalog. However, Seahorse made it look really easy. The way she transitioned from the low verses to her upper register in the climax was a thing of beauty. If anything, it sounded as if she was holding back, for I thought she really could’ve taken it to the next level. It’s too bad there was no real studio audience because I would’ve loved to see how they would’ve reacted to the performance. I mentioned she sounded like Britney somewhat during OG (ITW); well, she certainly tried to do so with her next performance ...Baby One More Time. From the breath effects to the baby-esque vocals, she did her best Britney impersonation to the point she could’ve been mistaken for the real Britney Spears. She would advance to the next round in which the two remaining acts from their respective groups would compete against each other and the winner would advance to the S4 finals. In this case Seahorse and Crocodile were the last two standing in Group B. Seahorse opted to sing the Bruno Mars song That’s What I Like. Now, the performance itself wasn’t bad; in fact, I think she did a great job with the singing and choreography. The thing is, I’m not much of a fan of the song itself, nor did I think it was a good song to sing at that moment when a spot in the finals was on the line. It would’ve been better had she given that performance earlier in the season. Having said that, I thought she was better than Crocodile and hoped she’d advance; however, that was not the case. Seahorse was unmasked as Tori Kelly. Admittedly, I wasn’t too familiar with Tori, so I was unable to get her by myself. From what little I knew about her, she really impressed me because I didn’t think her voice was as strong as she showed. I think she would’ve easily been in the finals had it not been for the season’s format, but it is what it is. Despite her short run, Seahorse did enough to finish this high in my rankings.

03. Seahorse/Tori Kelly:

The Final Two!

Monster

Sun

I'll try to have #2 up in the next 2-3 days if I'm not too busy.

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (#3 Posted)

A brief reminder of the Top 2:

Monster

Sun

Who will fall just short of the #1 spot? We're about to find out...

2. Sun/LeAnn Rimes

Season 4: First Place

Sun_Final_Lg.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 leann-rimes-at-2020-musicares-person-of-the-year-honoring-aerosmith-in-los-angeles-01-24-2020-10.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Sun - Cuz I Love You

Sun - Praying

Sun - Piece Of My Heart

Sun - When The Party’s Over

Sun - Rockin Around The Christmas Tree

Sun - The Story

Sun Unmasking

Coming in at #2 is Sun. Sun was an act who gave some scorching performances and shined on stage. She certainly had one of the best runs in the brief TMS history. To take it a step further, an argument can be made for her being the best technical singer the show has ever had. Costume-wise, it was one of the most interesting to say the least, especially the mask. It looked like the face was upside down; either that or it didn’t get any sleep because those looked like some serious bags underneath those eyes. :haha: With that said, the ring was a nice touch. Now it’s time to see how Sun burned the competition.

Sun set the stage on fire the first time she set foot on it with Cuz I Love You. She pulled out all of the vocal tricks in this one, from the rap-like verse to the high upper register and glory notes in the choruses. In addition, she had such a strong stage presence. The one complaint I have about it was the artificial audience noise was too loud at parts. With all of this said, the one thing I thought was she ran the risk of peaking too early because that seemed to be a performance more suited for the finals. However, that did not appear to be the case because she gave a strong and heartfelt performance of Praying. Considering the subject matter of the song, it could have come across as cheesy or pandering; however, Sun did just enough to prevent it from being either of those cases. The part when she goes into her upper register during the chorus was probably the best. She would go on to the next round and give a lively performance of the Janis Joplin classic Piece Of My Heart. This performance, while not as strong vocally as the previous two, was still enjoyable mainly due to it being more up-tempo and Sun moving on stage more. The only negative was the two creepy centaur statues on stage; I could’ve definitely gone without seeing those. Sun would easily advance to the Group A Finals and gave yet another performance that is considered to be one of the best in TMS history with when the party’s over. She made one of the boldest moves (perhaps the boldest) in singing the first half a cappella. Pretty much all she had to do was not completely crap the bed and she would’ve advanced to the finals. However, she decided not to leave anything to chance and put it all on the table in this performance; Popcorn was pretty much KO’d after it. :haha: The last thing I’ll say about the performance is something that was notable was the panel not saying anything during it. I think this is the only time that has happened, or at least one of the very few times it’s happened. This was actually a great thing because it provided sole focus on the performance itself. She would easily advance to the finals after that showstopper. Before taking the stage in the finals, however, she gave a fun performance of Rockin Around The Christmas Tree during the Christmas episode. She then proceeded to have a strong final performance of The Story. I thought she was the best between her, Mushroom, and Crocodile. It was clear she held nothing back and gave it everything she had during it. The funny thing about it was she bookended the season giving both the first and last performances of it. She would go on to win the title and was unmasked as country superstar LeAnn Rimes. I believe I figured out her identity some time between her first and second performances. The main thing about the panel was Robin adamant about her being Katharine McPhee. I knew there was no chance of her being Katharine based on the voice alone. :lmao: Back to Sun, the only act who I thought could’ve given her a run for the money was Seahorse, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles. Sun was one of the strongest acts on TMS and one of my absolute favorites.

02. Sun/LeAnn Rimes:

Well, we are finally down to #1! I'll get to work on his write-up, so look out for it although I doubt if anyone's interested considering the lack of activity in this thread.

• Crisis changed the title to Unmasking Chaos: A Masked Singer Ranking (#2 Posted!)
  • 2 weeks later...