The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

8-Chair-Challenge.png

Hi and welcome back to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1!

Last night, we've witnessed as the Final 14 Underdogs fought it out to get one of the 8 chairs that will get them to the Judges House. The Underdogs each gave it really their all, forcing their mentor, @americanvoice38 to make a really hard decision. It became really hard for americanvoice where she had to put up the very first sing-off in this round between Avery and Johnny for one seat, with the latter winning it. 

Tonight, after nights full of stress and hard decisions, the 8-Chair Challenge will end TONIGHT. The Girls category, mentored by @QueenMae16 will be closing out this series' 8-Chair Challenge. But, it won't be an easy one, like in the previous 4 categories, as the stakes are higher than ever, and their mentor more strict than ever. Only 8 artists will be forming our Final 8 going to the Judges House round. 6 more artists will be eliminated tonight. 

Let the final night of the 8-Chair Challenge BEGIN!

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Thanks 1

First girl performing for tonight is an artist that came from The Voice US. She joined on its Season 8, she originally was on Team Christina, but lost on her knockouts and was stolen by Team Pharrell, there, she reached the Live Shows and went all the way through the Grand Finale, however she only placed 4th on that season. She is now set to prove that she deserves to move on to the next round in this series.

1. Koryn Hawthorne
     - Song: Stronger (Kelly Clarkson)

• Thanks 1

QueenMae: Koryn you really are just an explosive fire of power and passion! I'm so glad I saved you because you have this aura girl, I loved the growl in your voice as well, you make us really feel your story through every note.

QueenMae: Koryn I have to give you a seat after that, so take your spot sis! You are gaining my first chair! 

Seat 1- Koryn Hawthorne

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Next performance from tonight is from a girl that came from the British version of X-Factor, X-Factor UK. She clearly was one of the favorites of the judges, and the crowd because of her stellar and monstrous audition. She easily sneaked into the Final 3 of The Girls category, mentored by Rita Ora that time. Even though she had her ups and downs, it was not a really hard decision for the public to vote her into the Grand Finale. She ultimately took the crown on that series. Tonight, she now wants to prove that she can become a threat again to the other categories, and especially to her co-artists in The Girls category in this competition.

2. Louisa Johnson
     - Song: Let It Go (James Bay)

• Thanks 1

QueenMae: Louisa you just show your power and emotions through any song you sing, and I think you just embraced this song like no-one else has done! I can really hear your soul in this performance, so well done hun.

QueenMae: Louisa I think you did fantastic, I have to give you the 2nd chair spot after that, you really deserve it! You have a strong position to hold that spot down, well done again.

Seat 2- Louisa Johnson

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Third artist to perform is a comeback artists from the show that she came from, The Voice Australia. She first auditioned way back in the show's Season 5, where she was on Team George, but got stolen by Team Kelly on the knockouts. She then lost at her battle and got eliminated even before the lives started. But, she came back on the show's Season 6 and joined Team Joe. She really went far but got eliminated right before the Grand Finale. Now, she also wants to get one of the 8 chairs to prove that she can do more than what she did on TVAUS.

3. Sally Skelton
     - Song: Skyscraper (Demi Lovato)

• Thanks 1

QueenMae: Okay Sally, I have to be honest I don't think this was your best performance. It maybe was your nerves but I could tell you weren't engaged as I heard before. Idk if this was enough to get in the final 8, but I have to go with my heart on this.

QueenMae: Sally I'm giving you the 3rd chair spot for now, but just know it might not last, however I would love to see you move on if you can. You just have amazing potential girl, well done.

Seat 3- Sally Skelton

• Thanks 1

Fourth girl to perform for tonight is an artist that came again from X-Factor UK. She is on The Girls category mentored by Sharon Osbourne that time, she had to fight in a three-way sing-off to get a seat in the 6-Chair Challenge round. She then ultimately made it to the Final 4 of The Girls category, however she fell short and got eliminated weeks after. Now, she is ready to show her versatility as an artist, and what she can bring to the table.

4. Rai-Elle Williams
     - Song: Somebody That I Used To Know (Gotye)

• Thanks 1

QueenMae: Wow Rai-Elle you really took a risk here girl. Okay Rai-Elle I think this was only decent at best I'm sorry, but I heard it was flat at a good amount of parts to take away the connection to the song. I loved the rapping segment, shows your versatility, but idk if this will send you to one of those chairs over there.

QueenMae: Rai-Elle I'm sorry, but compared to the other girls in this Top 14, I don't think you have what it takes to advance with this performance, you will not be gaining a chair tonight. 

No Seat- Rai-Elle Williams 

• Sad 1

Looking to get one of QueenMae's/this category's 8 chairs is an artist that came from The Voice US. She joined on Season 5, and was really young that time. However, despite her age, she managed to show the audience that she can compete alongside the artists more older than her. She became one of the favorites because of her pre-lives performances, and that solidified when she stepped onto the Live rounds. She ultimately made it to the Grand Finale, however she fell short and became only the runner-up for that season.

5. Jacquie Lee
     - Song: Who' Lovin' You (Jackson 5)

• Thanks 1

QueenMae: Wow Jacquie this was a powerful performance with such control and connection to the audience! I love your runs, I love your force behind every note you make, I think this was your best performance so far. Well done Jacquie! 

QueenMae: You are definitely getting a chair sis! Go grab that 4th spot over there Jacquie, you deserve it! 

Seat 4- Jacquie Lee 

• Thanks 1

Next girl performing for one of the 8 chairs up for grabs tonight is an artist that came from The Voice UK. She became an instant favorite after her powerful knockouts performance, however she ultimately backed out on the competition and withdrew. Now, she is back to prove that she is more than ready for this competition and won't back out again.

6. Chloe Castro
     - Song: Alive (Sia)

• Thanks 1

QueenMae: Well done Chloe on this performance! I loved your rasp, the connection to the song, and your artistry in it! While I think it wasn't perfect, I heard a few strainages in the chorus and in the beginning, but overall it was just so cool. Well done Chloe!

QueenMae: Chloe I think you deserve to hold a spot, I can't ensure it, but I would love to see you advance if you can. Chloe grab my 5th seat, you deserve it hun!

Seat 5- Chloe Castro 

• Thanks 1

Trying to get a chair tonight as well is a girl that came from The Voice US. She became an early favorite because of how raw and young she was when she joined Season 14 yet she have a very matured voice. She was the very first member of Team Kelly ever, and the youngest  in that season. She had an amazing pre-lives performances, and had gotten amazing live performances as well. She made it into the Grand Finale, ultimately crowning her the winner of that season, she was the youngest winner of the show so far on that season. 

7. Brynn Cartelli
     - Song: Unstoppable (Sia)

• Thanks 1

QueenMae: Wow Brynn I think you really brought the energy to this performance! I heard a few shaky notes, but I could hear your passion through your voice and think you did a stellar job.

QueenMae: Brynn while I think you could polish your craft a bit, I see so much potential as of now, so maybe if you advance we can work harder and see better results. I think you did enough to hold a seat for now, so go grab my 6th seat. Well done Brynn!

Seat 6- Brynn Cartelli

• Thanks 1

We're already halfway through our series' LAST 8-Chair Challenge with The Girls category. So far, 6 out of the 8 seats were already taken, leaving only 2 more slots before the swap outs begin. Here is the current standings of the 8 chairs:

Seat 1- Koryn Hawthorne
Seat 2- Louisa Johnson
Seat 3- Sally Skelton
Seat 4- Jacquie Lee
Seat 5- Chloe Castro
Seat 6- Brynn Cartelli
Seat 7- N/A
Seat 8- N/A

We still have 7 more performances from the remaining 7 girls in this category. Will the current holders of the seat secure their seat and go to our next round? Or will some or all of the 7 girls edge out the current holders? Let's find that out!

• Thanks 1

Eighth artist performing for tonight is the remaining contestant that came from The Four. She joined on the Season 2 of the show and entered into one of its last few weeks, she immediately became a fan favorite because of her tone and singing style. She gladly made it to the Grand Finale, however she was beaten at the very first round of the finale, and placed 3rd/4th on that season. Now, she wants to prove that she can place high again on this series.

8. Leah Jenea
     - Song: True Colors (Cyndi Lauper)

• Thanks 1

QueenMae: Leah I just love your Indie style and how you draw us into your voice, girl you just have that vocal that everyone wants to hear. But vocally it was as perfect as it could have been, the control, the precision. I see only great things in your future weather you receive a chair here or not.

QueenMae: Leah I can't let you go after that, You just have that vocal that can make us feel everything, go sit in that 7th chair, you deserve it hun!

Seat 7- Leah Jenea

• Thanks 1

Next artist to perform to get one of the 8-chairs of this category tonight is a girl that came from X-Factor UK. She joined on the presumably, last normal series (for now) of the show. She became an underdog and controversial artist because she received the "golden buzzer" (twist of that series) of her mentor, Simon Cowell even though some felt others deserved it. She received mixed comments from the audience, mostly hate ones. However she made it to the Final 3 of The Girls category that series and lasted for a few weeks, before being eliminated few weeks after. Now, she wants to prove that she totally deserved what she placed on that series.

9. Bella Penfold
     - Song: Million Dreams (from "The Greatest Showman")

• Thanks 1

QueenMae: Bella while I think you are inspirational and have a decent voice, I don't think this was up to par with any of other of the acts so far tonight. And it sucks cause I hear potential in you, but it was just too pitchy, Idk if this should hold a chair down for you.

QueenMae: Bella I have to be fair to the rest of the girls and the competition, I can't give you a chair, it just was a let down I'm sorry. Be proud of your accomplishments so far though, and never stop singing.

No Seat- Bella Penfold

• Sad 1

Next girl performing for one of the 8 chairs came from the American version of The Voice, The Voice US. She became one of the fan favorites because of her gorgeous tone and singing techniques. She originally was on Team Miley, but lost her battle on it, that's when her permanent coach, Adam swooped her in. She consistently became one of the ITunes Chart Topper of that season and went into the Grand Finale. She fell short however and got a runner-up place on that season.

10. Addison Agen
       - Song: She Used To Be Mine (Sara Bareilles)

• Thanks 1

QueenMae: Addison once again you have slayed our hearts with that emotion, your control and power is so good that it makes us all forget everything in the world and has us just listening to your beautiful voice. Hun I think you are so special and advancing we have much more to show these people.

QueenMae: Addison without a doubt, I'm giving you a chair baby, go grab that 8th spot cause you really deserve it! Well done Addison.

Seat 8- Addison Agen

• Thanks 1

Next artist to perform is an artist that came from

The Voice UK. She had a very memorable blind audition as she sang with her coach, Jennifer. She survived the battles and knockouts, winning each round, picked by J-Hud. She was a clear favorite of J-Hud that time but she fell short and went home on the first live rounds. Now, she wants to prove that she deserves to go farther than what she had in The Voice UK.

11. Nicole Dennis
       - Song: Dream On (Aerosmith)

• Thanks 1