The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

Next performance for tonight is from another artist that is newly introduced as a contestant in this series after the battles that came from The Voice. She won her battle closely, and she performed a really hard Christina Aguilera classic to sing in the 8-Chair Challenge. Her risk payed off as she got one of the 8-Chairs and got swapped with the current holder of one of the 8-Chairs.

6. Rizzi Myers
    - Song: Stone Cold (Demi Lovato)

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Thanks 1

americanvoice: Uh, that was a little rough at some point. Her voice is so powerful, no denying of that. But she can sometimes be off pitched because sometimes she tends to overdo it. She really hits the notes in that upper register well, but she needs a few more polishing on the lower ones. Hmm was that enough? Well I really can see a huge potential on her, but let's see.

• Thanks 1

Seventh performance for tonight is from an artist that easily became a hit to many when stepped his feet on the America's Got Talent's stage. He heavily resemble a male version of Whitney Houston, to which he is mostly compared, he then joined The Voice Australia this year. However, in this series, he was dropped of by his mentor that time in the overs, but he got picked up by americanvoice as he can see huge potential on him. He did not disappoint on his battle performance, to where he won. And in his 8-Chair Challenge performance, he made it hard for americanvoice to pick, so the latter made him and Avery to sing in a sing-off to decide on who to give a seat. He ultimately won the sing-off after performing an original.

7. Johnny Manuel 
     - Song: My All (Mariah Carey)

• Thanks 1

americanvoice: Mygod, those pipes of him never fails to amaze me as his current mentor. I picked him up because I really can see he can bring a lot to the table, and he did not disappoint. He is always giving all of his heart and soul everytime that he performs. Those controls and runs in his performance just took me to church. But, just like on Jamie's case, I need to see his own identity more, I need to see him segregate himself from Whitney's comparison. He needs to be his own artist, as that's the only way for the audience to love you.

• Thanks 1

Last performance for tonight is from an artist that is one of the winners already, as she won her season on

The Four. However, in this series, it was different, as she was dropped by her mentor on the girls category in this series early. She lost her battle and got no saves. Thankfully, americanvoice picked her up and decided to be one of the underdogs this series. She then won her battle easily as an underdog and gave it her all on the 8-Chair Challenge to snatch one of the 8 chairs.

8. Evvie McKinney
     - Song: Glory (John Legend)

• Thanks 1

americanvoice: That was her winning song, I think, and I really can see why she won based on that performance. Her pipes, her soul, her heart was putted into that freakin' song. She did not hold back and just gave it her all. The way how she can be really versatile with so much soulfulness on her voice amazes me. Moving forward though, I want her to step up the game as she needs to make her own identity known.

• Thanks 1

Now that all of the artists of The Underdogs category have performed. It is now time for @americanvoice38 to decide on who are the Final 6 artists that she wants to take with her going to the Live Playoffs

Announcement of the fate of each underdogs will be announced one by one, up until the last two underdogs, where fate will be revealed at the SAME TIME.

• Thanks 1

First to know her fate is the youngest on this category right now, Kennedy Holmes. Will Kennedy's lack of experience in this industry compared to the other older underdogs this series cost her place in the Live Playoffs?

americanvoice: Kennedy, you're such an amazing and passionate singer. I just wanted to know how much I adore you and whatever happens, I will be there for you a hundred percent.

americanvoice: Kennedy, you gave it your best tonight, and that will be paying off because you're going with me in the Live Playoffs!! I can't let you go girl, I see so much more potential in you, and the things that you can do with your voice, wow. I'm so excited for you!

Kennedy Holmes- FINAL 6

• Thanks 1

Second to know her fate is one of the already winners, and the last girl who performed tonight, Evvie McKinney. Is what Evvie did, enough for one of the slots of Final 6? Is having a big voice enough for her to advance?

americanvoice: Evvie, there's something so common yet so unique about you. Common because of that big soulful voice you have, which many have. But the unique quality about you is how you command the stage and how you can become versatile yet so vulnerable at the same time. However, I gotta be honest, I'm still finding on who you really are as an artist.

americanvoice: Evvie, out of all the performances, I think technically, yours was the best. But it isn't just the technical aspect of your voice that draws me in to you, it's the passion of yours while singing is the one that is taking me in to you. That's why I'll waste no talent and bring you to the Live Playoffs! 

Evvie McKinney- FINAL 6

• Thanks 1

Next to know his fate is Jordy Marcs. americanvoice commented on his performance that she's got unique artists like Jordy on her team, however did he stand out in his own way to get one of the slots in the Final 6?

americanvoice: Man, your performance and song choice tonight is spot on. You always put your own flavor to a certain song everytime that you perform. Honestly, I can listen to it everyday without getting bored. But the thing is, will others accept your sound as much as I do?

americanvoice: Jordy, you're the only remaining young dude on my team, and there's something in you that's so appealing. Your voice just can do many things, and can put a unique twists on songs. I want to have a really diverse Final 6, and luckily you really stand out on this. So I have to bring you with me on the Live Playoffs!

Jordy Marcs- FINAL 6

• Thanks 1

Next to know her fate is Rizzi Myers. Rizzi became a favorite after her first ever audition on a reality tv competition on The Voice. Tonight, she showed her vocal abilities once again with her very big and powerful voice, was that enough to move forward in the competition?

americanvoice: Rizzi, there's no denying that you've got that big voice that can reach any high notes anytime. It is also powerful yet controlled at the same time. However, on tonight's performance there were some notes that wasn't rightfully controlled, making it a little off-pitched note.

americanvoice: Girl, I really see huge potential on you, you've just got everything, the looks, the voice, the heart. However, for tonight, I don't think that was enough for you to be in the Final 6. I am finding for someone that is unique, that stands out, however in your case, you might get drowned and get lost in the crowd. I want to see you find your own voice in the future, and in there I really can see you becoming a star.

Rizzi Myers- ELIMINATED

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Back to back announcement. Next to know their fate are  the male over 25's and one of the young lads of the underdogs this year, Johnny Manuel and Jamie Miller. Both were dropped off originally in the battles and got really huge voices, will the both of them make it to the Final 6? Or did one of them unfortunately did not do enough?

americanvoice: Johnny, what you did tonight is exquisite and really classy. From the riffs and runs, to the huge notes that you made, you hit them perfectly. Every performances that you make is amazing, however moving forward, if ever you made it, I want you to segregate yourself from the typical big voiced soulful singer and the Queen Whitney comparison, I want you to find your own identity as a singer

americanvoice: Johnny, I did said the word moving forward right? Yes because you're really moving forward in this show! What you did just can't be denied, and it would be a huge robbery to eliminated you again.

Johnny Manuel- FINAL 6

americanvoice: Jamie, you've got this very versatile artist inside you. You can perform, you can dance, you can vulnerable, you can hit those high notes. You can do it all! And in your performance last night, you've putted the Jamie twist on it, making a current song more current. However, I want you be just you every performance, and never lose this Jamie I'm seeing no matter what happens.

americanvoice: There's no way I'm letting you go Jamie! I'm so excited to pick the perfect song choices for you. I will do whatever it takes for people to accept and love you! You've got a long way to go in this competition, Jamie, good luck!

Jamie Miller- FINAL 6

• Thanks 1

Last to know their fate is Zhavia and The Koi Boys. Only one spot remains on the Final 6 of this category, which means only one between these artists will be going to the Live Playoffs with @americanvoice38 and The Underdogs. Zhavia was already a star after many people were intrigued after her very unique sound on her audition on The Four. The Koi Boys was the group that never got a chance to step into the Live rounds, as they were eliminated always in the The Voice Australia right before the Live rounds. Both had a very fun performance tonight, but only one will be taken by their mentor to the Live Playoffs

americanvoice: Zhavia, there's no denying of your insanely unique and gorgeous talent every freakin' time that you perform. You just have that voice that catches attention of many. You're still young and no matter what happens, you've got already a lot of supporters behind your back.

americanvoice: Koi Boys, what you did tonight was my definition of fun. You just had your time of your life there when you performed. And to be your mentor was really an honor. You might be not young anymore, but I believe that there's still space for artists like you in this industry. 

americanvoice: The artist/s I'm taking with me in the Live Playoffs is/are someone that I believe can do more, and that can really go far in this competition. The other artist/s that I did not picked is because I think what they/she did tonight was not enough, compared to all of the performances of each underdogs tonight. The artist I'm taking is... Zhavia! Koi Boys, I really love your group, you're insanely good, especially with your dance moves and harmonies, but I've gotta make a decision based on the performances tonight. I'm sorry :(

Zhavia- FINAL 6

The Koi Boys- ELIMINATED

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1