The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

a-kid.png

*standing ovation* ANGIE! What a performance! And what a song darling. I totally LOVED the arrangement that you did with such of a classic song. I love how you kept it simple and subtle at the start but then went for the highs on the 2nd half of the song. This is what I want from you! Keep it up Angie!

SCORE: 4.0/5

americanvoice.png

*standing ovation* Oh girl, SING SING SING! It felt so heartfelt and powerful at the same time. Heartfelt at the start, especially at your acapella part. I can't help but to fall in love with you. This is the one of your BEST performances so far. Amazing job Angie!

SCORE: 3.5/5

IAN27TAY.png

*Stands and Claps* Angie, your version was just ravishingly good! Actually, this is one of my favorite songs. The transition of yours to your head tone is perfect, I really think you can sing a grocery shopping list and still make it super good! I really connected to your performance today! Thank you for this wonderful moment of yours! Goodluck honey.

SCORE: 3.0/5

jarmon.png

*STANDING OVATION CRYING AND CLAPS* ANGIE!! This was such a STUNNING vocal! Your voice was so heavenly in this performance! That opening alone, sold it for me! You sang this was such grace and elegance and you really told the story of the song well. You got me all emotional up in here! This was just so beautiful and I am in complete awe of you Angie. Absolutely amazing!

SCORE: N/A (MENTOR)

QUEENMAE16.png

Angie this was quite a song for sure, the arrangement was beautiful as well I must say, on-point for sure. Onto the vocals, it was 100% the best of you so far since "Who You Are" This was just stellar and I loved every moment of it, every note felt connective. I do have to point out the off-key notes as the chorus in the middle came in, when that happened, I heard a bit too much shrieking, but otherwise, it was a wonderful piece and you should be proud Angie!

SCORE: 2.8/5

• Thanks 1

Next performance for tonight is one of the 2 remaining Underdogs in this competition. He had been deemed as one of the most consistent and versatile artists left on the show, and proved that once again by covering a Demi Lovato song last time. Will he still impress the mentors and the viewers if he go back to his roots tonight?

10. Jamie Miller- 7 Rings (Ariana Grande)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

a-kid.png

*standing ovation* WHAT A PERFORMANCE JAMIE! Boy, you SLAYED that. You brought back the Jamie that we know who can perform as well as deliver vocally good. You are just unstoppable, you can do it all! I love your range, oh man, you just KILLED that. I’m speechless.

SCORE: 4.5/5

americanvoice.png

*standing ovation* If I am being honest, you are a hell of a threat Jamie to other categories, I just think you've been one of the most consistent performers, you never fail to amaze us with your range. And ooh boy that attitude you had while performing was SPOT ON. This is a hard one to sing, you barely have the time to breathe between lines, but you pulled it off, and you even stepped up the notes higher at the near end. You are a star Jamie.

IAN27TAY.png

*Claps* OMG. I didn’t expect this performance of yours, I really love Ariana Grande and her songs, and it’s kinda hard to sing it honestly. I think your tone is perfect to this song choice, it really suited the theme. Your performance today is actually one of my favorite in yours! I just hope IDF will find this performance interesting. Thank you for this Jamie, I really want to see more of you in this stage.

SCORE: 3.2/5

jarmon.png

*stands and claps* What an unexpected song choice & IT WORKED! You really know how to make any song your own! This was a really fun performance and I loved the sass and attitude you had in this performance. It was a nice and clean performance and I just loved the whole vibe of it all. Jamie, I have to say, you are slowly becoming one of the most interesting contestants this season because of how you're able to dabble in different genres, amazing!

SCORE: 3.2/5

QUEENMAE16.png

Jamie, I said this before, you have become one of my favorites, but I will say this song choice I don't think showcased what you could have done, and have done in the past. It felt too much like a radio hit, instead of a masterpiece in a vocal performance. Its okay to jam a bit, but this is a competition and while it was technically near-flawless, it was too bland for me and felt like you were just singing a song. But good luck in the votes, I want you to succeed, just learn from this honey.

SCORE: 1.9/5

• Sad 1

Next is the last Girl to perform for tonight, she received mixed feedback last time after her performance of a Christina Aguilera classic. She went into the Bottom 2 and impressed the judges, saving her from elimination. Can she bounce back from her performance last time?

11. MaKenzie Thomas- Purple Rain (Prince)

• Like 3

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

a-kid.png

*standing ovation* What a beautiful performance MaKenzie! I liked this better than your last performance. I love how you kept it original and simple at the start then went to reach the high notes at the second half of the performance. You brought us to church girl! Just keep it up honey.

SCORE: 3.5/5

americanvoice.png

MaKenzie that was a beautiful performance! The way how you displayed your vocals while playing an instrument? What a talented gal! I love that opening keys from you. Those runs you did, girl that really is your signature. I love your tone in this performance! It felt heartfelt for me. However, I was not hooked into the performance until the chorus, I suggest to give it equal emphasis to all parts of the song next time you'll perform. Keep it up MaKenzie!

IAN27TAY.png

*Stands and Claps* WOW! You really owned this song! I just love your version, it really suits perfect to your voice. Actually, you know what? You made a comeback after your performance last week. Your performance makes me feel there is a music in the air, and those runs you did in the near end is actually heaven! You always slay honey, goodluck and keep performing like this!

SCORE: 4.2/5

jarmon.png

*stands and claps* What a solid song choice! I love this song so much! I have to say I wish you tackled it a little different as this performance was a little reserved for me, like I wanted you to ATTACK this song with POWER! As I do feel this song requires that power and stage presence to really excel on but that said, this was an interesting take on this song and your voice is still so incredible and I hope IDF sees the tremendous potential you have.

SCORE: 3.3/5

QUEENMAE16.png

Makenzie girl I'm so glad you came back from your near-elimination status! I just loved how you picked this song as we did go back and forth once again, but I think we really found your sweet spot since "Courage" or "Because You Loved Me" I just love the authenticity of your voice, and sis you got some soul in you honey that can't be taught! Makenzie I feel as you are the one who's consistently growing and this performance proved that you never let yourself stay down and you are here to fight for your position. You deserve to be here honey and I will also fight for you as long as you are willing as well, I hope we continue to work together since you are just a vocal beast for sure. Love you Makenzie and good luck!

• Like 1

Twelfth performance for tonight is a Group who found themselves in the Bottom 2 after receiving poor feedbacks from their cover of an Ariana Grande upbeat song. They had been deemed inconsistent all throughout the show, will they finally found their rhythm tonight?

12. 4th Impact- Imagine (John Lennon)

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

a-kid.png

*claps* I am actually impressed with your performance. It’s a disappointment because going into the live rounds, you were my favorite group, and probably one of my favorite contestants left. But, you had very inconsistent performances. That is different now though because you delivered that song really well. You had amazing harmonies and you delivered the message quite well. I just hope this is enough to save you girls! Keep it up gals!

americanvoice.png

That is definitely a BOUNCE BACK from your performance last time! It was not vocally perfect, but those harmonies, ooh nice girls. I advice for you to be more consistent though because honestly you are incosistent all throughout the show, and it would be a shame if you will leave early. Nevertheless, girls, you slayed this performance. And I have felt every words you sang tonight!

SCORE: 2.5/5

IAN27TAY.png

*Stands and Claps* You know what girls? Being in a group is really hard, especially when each of you have distinctive voices. I really don’t get why people think your performance is not great, it’s actually beautiful. Those harmonies are spot-on! The way all of you end that song is a masterpiece! Some might say they cannot connect to your performance, but I really felt connected to your performance, and it’s actually great. Urgh I think that is just the way how Filipinos deliver an spectacular performance. Well goodluck girls!

jarmon.png

*stands and claps* I actually think this performance was wayyy better than your performance last round. This had a lot of pretty moments and I enjoyed it. I felt like your voices sounded so good together and this was a better song choice than last round. I think your girls just need to work on being more consistent and delivering killer vocals throughout the whole performance and then the audience will support you on your journey.

SCORE: 3.1/5

QUEENMAE16.png

Okay girls, a great song-choice to showcase your voice, but I just can't let go of how unconnective I felt it was. Girls, I really do think you have the voices to strive on stage, but idk what else to say, these ballads should be going well with you but its just the arrangements or your own voices not up to take the risk. I will point out that at the end it was where you strived the greatest, but most of the piece was just too mellow and underwhelming. Good luck girls in the votes.

SCORE: 1.1/5

• Sad 1

2 more performances to go for tonight! Next performance is from the Over 25's artist that was deemed as one of the favorites left in the competition. She did a different performance last time as she took on a country hit by Dolly Parton, receiving praises from both the viewers and the mentors. Can she stay as one of the show’s favorites tonight?

13. Ali Caldwell- A Change Is Gonna Come (Sam Cooke)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

a-kid.png

*standing ovation and throws a shoe* GIRL YOU BETTER SING! YOU BETTER SING THAT BEAUTIFUL SONG! Oh my gosh, not enough words to describe that beautiful performance. You took us to church. You deserve to be here! You are in to win it girl! Over 25s are looking unstoppable huh. I’m so jealous right now! I want you on my team, but nevertheless, I am sure that your mentor is very proud of you darling.

SCORE: 5.0/5

americanvoice.png

*standing ovation* Yas queen, show em how you do it! You have been one I am looking out for in the other categories since the start, and honey you did not falter at all, maybe few times but that was just not memorable as you've had more stunning performances, and this was it. I love how you kept it tamed and control vocally at the start up until the end, you released that beast Ali. That was like one of the most soulful yet classy performance I've ever seen.

IAN27TAY.png

*Stands and Claps* Okay, okay, okay. This is one of the best performances of the night! Your voice is really cool and it is perfect! You know what? You don’t need to be judged, we need you to judge, and teach us. That’s all Ali, thank you for this wonderful performance!

SCORE: 3.6/5

jarmon.png

*STANDING OVATION THROWING SHOES AND CLAPS* UGH! ALI! STOP SLAYING ME LIKE THIS! This performance was absolutely breathtaking and so amazing to watch! You showcased such amazing vocal control and this is one of my favorite songs to listen to covers to and you did the song justice. This was just a whole nother level of talent and I am so impressed by this. Just such a beautiful performance throughout and you looked stunning tonight!

QUEENMAE16.png

Ali, the control, the beauty, the magic. I'm not sure I'm fit to judge this performance cause child you sent me out of this galaxy and straight into the next universe lmao. I have to say though, this possibly was my favorite vocal so far from you, I think it was just something we haven't seen yet from you, and we are just blessed to see it. No bias, no nothing, but I just need to say you are a true class of a vocalist and artist. I really see you in the Grand Finale if you keep this up, well done Ali and I'm rooting for you girl!

• Like 1

Closing out the night is an artist from the Boys category. He, along with some of the contestants left, is considered as consistent performer. However, he received mixed feedbacks regarding his Loren Allred performance. Can he bounce back from the criticisms and reclaim his favorite status?

14. Aydan Calafiore- She Used To Be Mine (Sara Bareilles)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

a-kid.png

*standing ovation and tears up* AYDAN! That was such an emotional and beautiful performance. The way how you handled this big song was just so effortless. I love how tender you are at the start then start hitting those highs during the latter parts. You are so versatile, you deserve a spot in the music industry. You are just in it to win it too! I am so proud to be your mentor! This is just the best performance of the night for me along with Ali’s.

americanvoice.png

*standing ovation* AYDAN FREAKIN' CALAFIORE! THAT WAS HECK OF A PERFORMANCE! Definitely the BEST way to close out the show. Your tone, your skill, your talent, ugh I wish you were in my team! Keep doing this and I can see you having a real shot for the finale. You are my favorite contestant tonight besides my artists. JOB WELL DONE AYDAN!

SCORE: 5.0/5

IAN27TAY.png

*STANDS AND CLAPS* WHAAAT?! WOW! Aydan, since day 1 you never failed to impress me! This performance is PERFECT, the song choice is great, and I think you gave justice to it. The way how you sang half of the song in a soft way is a mark that you are a legend! Well that’s all, goodluck Aydan!

jarmon.png

*stands and claps* I really have been sleeping on you. You have been improving tremendously week after week and this was an absolutely magical performance. Like your voice suited this song so perfectly and it's so refreshing hearing a male vocalist sing this song. This was such an emotional and heartfelt performance and I felt every word you sang. Keep slaying with these song choices, Aydan!

SCORE: 3.8/5

QUEENMAE16.png

First of all, bold choice for sure Aydan, I was iffy on weather you could step up to it, but you for sure did it justice. The raw intensity of your voice was so alluring I never wanted to pause or get out of my seat! For sure you have proven you aren't just a bop-pop singer looking to use your looks as a ticket seller. You are the real deal Aydan, and I'm rooting for you son!

SCORE: 3.1/5

• Like 1

Mentor-s-Immunity.png

MENTORS’ IMMUNITY

After all of the scores from the mentors for each contestants are tallied, ONE stood out to all of the mentors and garnered the HIGHEST total scores from them. The artist with the highest score from the mentors and will be IMMUNED to elimination this week is none other than…

Mentor-s-Immunity-Week-2.png

ALI CALDWELL!

Here are the official tally of the combined scores from all the mentors:

Ali Caldwell- 17.6

Aydan Calafiore- 16.4

Kennedy Holmes- 16.3

Amanda Brown- 15.8

MaKenzie Thomas- 14.0

Angie Miller- 13.3

Fifth Harmony- 13.3

Jamie Miller- 12.8

Alex & Sierra- 12.5

Jessica Sanchez- 12.0

Sheldon Riley- 11.2

Alisan Porter- 10.6

Mo Aderinan- 10.2

4th Impact- 9.7

• Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, DorisAnn said:

9 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Hide contents

Mentor-s-Immunity-Week-2.png

ALI CALDWELL!

Reveal hidden contents

Ali Caldwell- 17.6

Aydan Calafiore- 16.4

Kennedy Holmes- 16.3

Amanda Brown- 15.8

MaKenzie Thomas- 14.0

Angie Miller- 13.3

Fifth Harmony- 13.3

Jamie Miller- 12.8

Alex & Sierra- 12.5

Jessica Sanchez- 12.0

Sheldon Riley- 11.2

Alisan Porter- 10.6

Mo Aderinan- 10.2

4th Impact- 9.7

kween thingz👁️💋👁️

Edited by DorisAnn
  • Like 1

Voting-Methods-OPEN.png

!! VOTING LINES ARE NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN !!

Since Ali Caldwell from the Over 25’s category already received the Mentors’ Immunity, she will automatically advance to next week’s show and won’t be included anymore in the voting methods.

You have 4 voting methods to use for this stage of the competition. Voters can vote 15 times overall PER IDF ACCOUNT using the 4 methods.

Survey-Monkey-vote.png

For the Survey Monkey voting method:

- The voting method used here is the Matrix/Ranking Method, wherein you will encounter the names of each contestants and underneath them is the 3 categories that are the factors for your votes.

- Each criterias have points beneath them, 1 being the LOWEST, 5 being the HIGHEST.

- CATEGORIES

VOCAL

- This is where the vocal techniques (breathing control, enunciation, articulation, etc.), rhytym & tempo, timing, and harmony are included for both the solo artists and groups.

EXPRESSION

- This is how well the performers conveyed the emotion of the song that they sang and how well they delivered it.

SHOWMANSHIP

- This is how the artists used the stage effectively, how good their song choices for them are, their outfit, and how well the viewers' and mentors' reacted to their performances.

- 20% of the TOTAL score

- Voters can only vote 1 TIME using IDF username/e-mail.

- Links: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/W3FVW7Z?fbclid=IwAR3Gvog5VBsQV8rtXtTQc0QEfoDiPRECFaqRMRfw_IlEp_plyCVp1B6bre0 (from Mo to A&S)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WGVLP2Q?fbclid=IwAR3dlTLSCiVKjfyGTbeqMbsdXx8lUfy4bDy4ek5A7rrNw6bKuz7AFg0YNv4 (from Jessica to Aydan)

forms-app-vote.png

For the forms.app voting method:

- Single Selection method will be used on this one.

- The voters will pick the name of the artist that they want to save.

- 15% of the TOTAL score

- Voters can vote 10 TIMES using their IDF username/e-mail.

- Linkhttps://forms.app/form/5fe76ec973978279c9170edb?fbclid=IwAR0ZxSXm-ZicqK3ZKRzCvkO4k8S3jQkR-kcdQnbnc0w7wkqQ35fuQpPfzig

Survey-Heart-vote.png

For the Survey Heart voting method:

- This app will feature a brand new method: the TVIFSAVE and the TVIFBOTTOM2. Each user needs to type ONE name of an artist along with the word TVIFSAVE if they want to save an artist from the Sing-offs (ex: TVIFSAVE A-Kid). At the same time, they will have to input ONE name that they think deserves to be in the Sing-Offs along with the word TVIFBOTTOM2 (ex: TVIFBOTTOM2 A-Kid).

- Voters CANNOT input more than one answer on each question.

- Voters can only vote 3 times using this method with their IDF username/e-mail.

- 25% of the TOTAL score

- Linkhttps://surveyheart.com/form/5fe7716a64f22e099e2ba5b1?fbclid=IwAR2aXnB9fqtEMspubggvF2BGXt0W64QM7zxzacTyjImJXaHKejMDFQ_6NNU

IDF-vote.png

For the Idol Forums voting method:

- Voters can REACT to the 2 posts (posted by me on this game) solely focused on the artist that they want to stay. Each react equates to corresponding points.

- 40% of the TOTAL score

- Thanks React = 20 votes

Like React = 10 votes

Sad React = 5 votes

- ONLY the reacts from the 2 posts during the performances night for each artists will be counted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's it! The show for tonight is officially DONE. Who impressed you the most tonight? Who disappointed you? And what are your comments on my most recent edits? 😬

Also, be ready for tomorrow night, I will be asking for SONG SUGGESTION FOR THE FINAL 14. Because next week it is FAN WEEK!!

Thank y'all for the love and support! If you got any questions, just PM me or post it here 🙂

P.S. ALL VOTING METHODS WILL CLOSE ON JANUARY 1 8PM EST. TUNE IN ON JANUARY 2 8PM EST FOR THE RESULTS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

That's it! The show for tonight is officially DONE. Who impressed you the most tonight? Who disappointed you? And what are your comments on my most recent edits? 😬

Also, be ready for tomorrow night, I will be asking for SONG SUGGESTION FOR THE FINAL 14. Because next week it is FAN WEEK!!

Thank y'all for the love and support! If you got any questions, just PM me or post it here 🙂

Uhm 4th impact doesnt have the thank,like,sad

8 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Voting-Methods-OPEN.png

!! VOTING LINES ARE NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN !!

Since Ali Caldwell from the Over 25’s category already received the Mentors’ Immunity, she will automatically advance to next week’s show and won’t be included anymore in the voting methods.

You have 4 voting methods to use for this stage of the competition. Voters can vote 15 times overall PER IDF ACCOUNT using the 4 methods.

Survey-Monkey-vote.png

For the Survey Monkey voting method:

- The voting method used here is the Matrix/Ranking Method, wherein you will encounter the names of each contestants and underneath them is the 3 categories that are the factors for your votes.

- Each criterias have points beneath them, 1 being the LOWEST, 5 being the HIGHEST.

- CATEGORIES

VOCAL

- This is where the vocal techniques (breathing control, enunciation, articulation, etc.), rhytym & tempo, timing, and harmony are included for both the solo artists and groups.

EXPRESSION

- This is how well the performers conveyed the emotion of the song that they sang and how well they delivered it.

SHOWMANSHIP

- This is how the artists used the stage effectively, how good their song choices for them are, their outfit, and how well the viewers' and mentors' reacted to their performances.

- 20% of the TOTAL score

- Voters can only vote 1 TIME using IDF username/e-mail.

- Links: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/W3FVW7Z?fbclid=IwAR3Gvog5VBsQV8rtXtTQc0QEfoDiPRECFaqRMRfw_IlEp_plyCVp1B6bre0 (from Mo to A&S)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WGVLP2Q?fbclid=IwAR3dlTLSCiVKjfyGTbeqMbsdXx8lUfy4bDy4ek5A7rrNw6bKuz7AFg0YNv4 (from Jessica to Aydan)

forms-app-vote.png

For the forms.app voting method:

- Single Selection method will be used on this one.

- The voters will pick the name of the artist that they want to save.

- 15% of the TOTAL score

- Voters can vote 10 TIMES using their IDF username/e-mail.

- Linkhttps://forms.app/form/5fe76ec973978279c9170edb?fbclid=IwAR0ZxSXm-ZicqK3ZKRzCvkO4k8S3jQkR-kcdQnbnc0w7wkqQ35fuQpPfzig

Survey-Heart-vote.png

For the Survey Heart voting method:

- This app will feature a brand new method: the TVIFSAVE and the TVIFBOTTOM2. Each user needs to type ONE name of an artist along with the word TVIFSAVE if they want to save an artist from the Sing-offs (ex: TVIFSAVE A-Kid). At the same time, they will have to input ONE name that they think deserves to be in the Sing-Offs along with the word TVIFBOTTOM2 (ex: TVIFBOTTOM2 A-Kid).

- Voters CANNOT input more than one answer on each question.

- Voters can only vote 3 times using this method with their IDF username/e-mail.

- 25% of the TOTAL score

- Linkhttps://surveyheart.com/form/5fe7716a64f22e099e2ba5b1?fbclid=IwAR2aXnB9fqtEMspubggvF2BGXt0W64QM7zxzacTyjImJXaHKejMDFQ_6NNU

IDF-vote.png

For the Idol Forums voting method:

- Voters can REACT to the 2 posts (posted by me on this game) solely focused on the artist that they want to stay. Each react equates to corresponding points.

- 40% of the TOTAL score

- Thanks React = 20 votes

Like React = 10 votes

Sad React = 5 votes

- ONLY the reacts from the 2 posts during the performances night for each artists will be counted.

UPDATED with the PERCENTAGE of each voting method for the TOTAL SCORE

• Thanks 1