The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

Second to perform for tonight is one of the Groups remaining in the competition. They have been on a rocky path to the Final 14 but they kept on improving each week, will they finally find their rhythm on tonight’s performance?

2. Fifth Harmony- I Fall Apart (Post Malone)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

a-kid.png

*standing ovation* This will have to be your BEST performance yet on this show, I just love every part of that performance! Your harmonies were on point and each of you had your moments. Continue to do this thing and you might reclaim your slot as one to watch out for on this show.

SCORE: 3.4/5

americanvoice.png

*standing ovation* Finally girls! What a show-stopping performance. I really love what you did with the song, you are all technically on point, the harmonies were spot on. I wish though that you would have been more consistent, it's just that you had a lot of let downs on this show, which disappoints me. But I think this is the start for all of you redeeming yourselves, I wanna see this type of performances more.

SCORE: 4.0/5

IAN27TAY.png

*stands and claps* Well, welcome back girls! This is far far better than your performance on week 1. I think all of you really gave justice to the song choice. You know what? This is actually one of my favorite songs, and I think your group really owned it. Those harmonies are on point, and I just love the fact that each of you are given perfect parts, and that high or head note at the near end is super perfect! It really gave me chills!

SCORE: N/A (MENTOR)

jarmon.png

*STANDING OVATION AND CLAPS AND SMILES AND SINGS ALONG* OKAY!! So this could be just to how much I love this song choice BUT I LOVED THIS PERFORMANCE FROM YOU GIRLS! Your voices blend together so well and truly gives an essence to your performances. This brought such a smile to my face and I was singing along and I am SO GLAD that someone sang a Post Malone song! It's so refreshing and new and you girls did the song justice.

SCORE: 3.7/5

QUEENMAE16.png

Whoa, Fifth Harmony I just want to say welcome back, and you once again showcased how your voices shine! I will say right to it, that I think the backtracking was too much and the harmonies were lacking, but the crisp notes you had in the solos, were on-point! I think this is one of your better performances, I would say go with stricter ballads, but this was a step in the right direction, good job with this comeback vocal!

SCORE: 2.2/5

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 3

Next artist to perform is one of the remaining Over 25’s in the competition. She slayed her performance last week by covering an Aretha Franklin music, and sail through the next show through public vote. Can she hold her momentum and keep intact the Over 25’s category?

3. Amanda Brown- Creep (Radiohead)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

a-kid.png

*standing ovation* Oh my sweet heavens. AMANDA BROWN YOU ARE ON FIRE! That was hell of a performance, it was vocally stunning. You gave so much power into that performance, you brought fire. You definitely BELONG here! You just made a statement tonight with that performance.

SCORE: 3.9/5

americanvoice.png

*standing ovation* OMG Amanda what a hell of a performance! I am in tears because of how good that performance was honestly. I super love the emotions and the arrangement of the song, I felt it so much, I can see that pain while you were singing. I love how you easily handled your lower and higher register. This is your best performance on the show along with Dream On. Ugh Amanda you're being one of my favorites and one to watch out for, so dangerous.

SCORE: 4.9/5

IAN27TAY.png

*stands and claps* One word, stunning! Amanda, I think you are really that one person in class that really stood out from the rest of your classmate with just one thing, you know what I mean right? This performance is by far one of my favorite in yours, the way you delivered every line with that raspiness is super great and I’m really falling for it. I didn’t find this performance too screamy, and that’s really great. You probably have the best control of a female voice in my opinion. Overall, YOU OWNED THIS SONG.

jarmon.png

*STANDING OVATION CRYING AND THROWS SHOES AND SMILES AT AMANDA* AMANDA! AMANDA! WOW! This performance was just STUNNING! Everything about it was just perfect! I just crucified Sheldon about stage presence, and this what I'm talking about! You told a story here and demanded the attention of the audience and held it throughout! Such a stunning performance and I am just in awe of this vocal masterpiece. The 30 seconds of this performance is what sold it for me, one of the greatest performances of the competition.

QUEENMAE16.png

Girl, Amanda this was big, and if it worked out well sis, it freaking did cause WOW, Amanda let me just dry my tears cause I'm emotional. The connection, the vocals, the force in it was nothing you could act out, this was real to you and we all felt it! Its hard to choose a favorite performance from you, but this was really up there and I believe you are also one to watch out for. I will say, the runs at the end were a bit overdone, but overall it was amazing. That last whisper was so haunting, just well done!

SCORE: 3.3/5

• Thanks 1

Fourth to perform for tonight is one of the 2 remaining Underdogs this season. She showed her versatility and emotions last week as she tackled and made a Beyonce song her own. Will she go back to her diva route tonight and impress the judges?

4. Kennedy Holmes- Amazing Grace (John Newton)

• Thanks 6

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

a-kid.png

*standing ovation and tears up* Oh my gosh, what a performance! I am so happy that you learned to show your emotions more all throughout the live shows. That performance had an impact on me, and it is basically what we need on singing shows like this. To be able to sing it vocally flawlessly is one thing, but to be able to sing it vocally flawlessly while delivering and making us feel the message of the song? That is another thing. Keep it up Kennedy!

SCORE: 4.3/5

americanvoice.png

*standing ovation* GIRRRL SING! I am in tears right now, I really felt the message of that song. It may be overdone on these singing shows, but man you made us feel the message! This will have to be your BEST performance yet. That acapella is fire! It was so tender and soothing to hear. I love how you personally connected to the song, it made the performance more authentic. You are in it to win it! I AM PROUD TO BE YOUR MENTOR!! SLAY GIRL!

IAN27TAY.png

*stands and slaps* Well of course gurl you slayed the stage AGAIN. I just noticed something, you actually perform different today, I am used in you performing such as party and pop song. Nevertheless, you should continue to pick song choices like this, it really shows how vocally good you are. It really give justice to a voice like yours! This song is full of belting and high notes but I did not heard screamy parts, good job!

SCORE: 4.5/5

jarmon.png

*standing ovation* Kennedy! THIS is a step in the RIGHT direction! This is the type of songs your voice excels on, not those pop songs. This was such a strong and beautiful showcase of your voice. I loved those little softer moments as I felt your voice was just absolutely stunning during those. This is probably my favorite performance of yours and it was because of your connection to the song together with that incredible control of your vocal instrument. Absolutely phenomenal!

QUEENMAE16.png

Whoa Kennedy! Okay girl, you are just proving me wrong every performance of why I shouldn't have let you go lol. But seriously, I just want to say, this arrangement, was PERFECTION! You knew what to do, you knew to build it up in the acappella verse and even when you went big, you didn't go off the rails and fall. You really connected with this honey and while I think at points it was too much, the soul was there for sure and Kennedy you really are proving yourself as a competitor in this. Well done Kennedy, good luck!

SCORE: 3.5/5

• Thanks 1

Fifth performance for tonight is another artist from the Boys category. He had received praises once again after performing a Katy Perry song and made the song his own. He is known to be one of the most consistent artists left on the show, could he keep it up?

5. Sheldon Riley- I Can't Make You Love Me (Bonnie Raitt)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

a-kid.png

*standing ovation* That was such a beautiful performance Sheldon! That was actually nice to see from you, your performances these past few live rounds and past rounds were known to be so intense and always a hundred percent. However, tonight, you just let your emotions shine. That was such a painful song and I am glad you were able to deliver it. I am proud Sheldon!

americanvoice.png

*standing ovation* I love that performance Sheldon! I love the fact that you stepped away from your commonly intense performances, this was like the opposite of it, a heartfelt and sincere one. I actually felt connected with you on that performance, your technical and emotional aspects were near flawless. This song is one of my favorite songs of all time, and I can say that you brought justice to it. I am looking forward to your next performances.

IAN27TAY.png

*Claps* Well of course, you never failed to impress me. This is absolutely incredible and such a beautiful cover. I love this work Sheldon, stunning voice as always. Actually, this is my first time hearing this song, and I am starting to like it because of you. I just love the fact that you sing a very emotional song and make it even more emotional. Three more word for you, World Class Performer! Thank you for this Sheldon!

SCORE: 2.4/5

jarmon.png

*claps* Sheldon! It's so nice to see you tackle a slower song as compared to your usual upbeat and dynamic performances. I have to say I did feel this performance was a step backwards though for me as I feel you lost your Sheldon spark in this performance as the performance was a little of a dud for me as it stayed very monotone and didn't have any "shining" moments for me. Vocally clean performance, emotional connection was there but the stage presence just wasn't there completely for me.

SCORE: 2.0/5

QUEENMAE16.png

Sheldon this was an emotional piece from you and I'm glad we heard this from you, cause we know you can sing honey, but I was searching for that connection in the past and finally its been projected! This was just fantastic and you should just feel proud of yourself, great job Sheldon it was amazing throughout!

SCORE: 2.8/5

• Like 1

Next to perform for tonight is an artist from the Over 25’s, she debuted as the wildcard artist last week and slayed her Barbra Streisand cover. She received praises from the mentors and gathered enough votes from the viewers. Will she prove again that she is worthy of that wildcard spot tonight?

6. Alisan Porter- House of the Rising Sun (The Animals)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

a-kid.png

*claps* That was a gorgeous performance Alisan! You kept on proving to us why you deserved the wildcard spot and why you shouldn’t have been let go in the first place. Your performance tonight was good, but if I’m being honest, I want more than good. I’ve heard this song covered a lot in singing shows like these so I was kind of expecting a little different tonight? Although you had an impressive acapella start, I must admit. But, that was probably one of your better performances, so still good job!

SCORE: 2.9/5

americanvoice.png

I personally LOVED that! It wasn't over the top and you let your tone shine at the start. Girl that start ooh chills! I love how you are toning yourself down little by little. I love that growl you have. However, it felt a pretty predictable performance for me? I don't know maybe it's just me. In all fairness to you, what a way to perform that huge song!

IAN27TAY.png

*stands and claps* Wow, Alisan! You really slayed the song choice. The way you started the song is unbelievable, this performance really flowed super smooth. I’m really out of words after that spectacular performance. Also, I just gotta say you really have a high chance getting safe this week, hmm I think that’s all. Your performance is just perfect!

SCORE: 3.3/5

jarmon.png

*STANDING OVATION THROWING SHOES AND CLAPS* ALISAN!!! GIRL I AM SHOOK! I mean I always knew you were insanely talented but this is a whole nother level of TALENT!!! The growls??? MY GOD THE GROWLS WERE AMAZING! I love that you keep changing up genres and not staying in a box. It's all about being versatile and your voice is one of the most versatile I've seen. This may be my favorite performance of yours so far.

QUEENMAE16.png

Alisan you are such a fine vocalist and raw artist as well, I definitely heard your fight tonight. I will say this wasn't the perfect song choice for you, I get going outside of your zone, but sometimes you can go to far and accidently crash. The good thing is you knew when to steer away from the heavy road-obstacles and recovered nicely in the chorus and in your higher register. I feel you can for sure do better Alisan, we all want you to thrive, so just take this performance and learn from it. Good luck Alisan.

SCORE: 2.4/5

• Thanks 2

Seventh performance for tonight is from a lovely duo from the Groups category. They had a beautiful performance once again after performing a Lady Gaga song. They were praised all throughout the competition because of their authenticity, will their authenticity be enough for them again tonight?

7. Alex & Sierra- Shallow (Lady Gaga)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

a-kid.png

*claps* Oh wow another Lady Gaga song! I would say I don’t mind because I love her songs. I love how you mesh so well together, a perfect fit to each other’s voices. You gave me a lot of chills everytime you sing together. I particularly love Alex’s part here, boy you shine! However, people might get tired if you keep on doing the same thing every week, an advice for you to try to step outside the box because the competition’s growing tighter. Nevertheless, good job and kudos to the both of you!

americanvoice.png

Welp, another Lady Gaga song for the both of ya, I must say I liked this more than your last one, I felt more invested to it emotionally. The technical aspect were on point as usual, Sierra, that bridge crescendo part was just spot on, loved that! You also have really gorgeous harmonies, your voices were like born to mix together so well. One thing I lack though is some originality as I've heard this song lots of times, I somehow expect for you to change something, but still, your performances was undeniably good.

SCORE: 3.0/5

IAN27TAY.png

*stands, claps, and tears up* THIS. IS. SUPER. GREAT!!! Ugh,  I just love the chemistry between you two, both of your voices really puts me in tears. I heard a lot of cover of this song, but I think this cover is one of the best aside from the original. The best part in this performance for me is when both of you start singing together at the chorus, it really gave me chills. I really hope IDF will continue to vote you, cause a couple with a talent like that should not be waste.

jarmon.png

*standing ovation and throws shoes* WOW! Alex & Sierra, out of all the groups, without a doubt you guys are the most CONSISTENT! Always providing stunning vocals and delivering some really memorable performances. This song choice was perfect for your voices as it just blended together perfectly! You guys both have such great tones and Sierra, those notes you were able to pull off tonight is truly remarkable!

QUEENMAE16.png

Your progression in both of your voices is just amazing! Alex I think we finally found the place where you can strive with your voice, but not to push to where it shouldn't be. Sierra, once again you deliver a stunning masterpiece along with Alex, and yall's connection is pure! This was truly a ball of talent and I feel you guys are coming up to the frontrunner status, cause I don't think you get enough recognition! I'm rooting for you both and just another near-flawless vocal as well!

SCORE: 3.5/5

• Like 1

• sydneysam changed the title to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1 (LIVE)
39 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Fourth to perform for tonight is one of the 2 remaining Underdogs this season. She showed her versatility and emotions last week as she tackled and made a Beyonce song her own. Will she go back to her diva route tonight and impress the judges?

4. Kennedy Holmes- Amazing Grace (John Newton)

Unfortunately, the LIVE performance is BLOCKED on United States, so if you ever want to watch her performance, just use VPN or just search for Brooke Simpson's cover of that song. Meanwhile, to be fair, I have uploaded just the studio version of the song (2nd link) so that will be MY BASIS on the VOTING METHOD. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks!

• Thanks 2

7 down, 7 more to go. Starting off the second half of tonight’s show is an artist from the Girls category. She came out swinging last time again after slaying a Celine Dion hit and received the Mentor’s Immunity. Can she prove herself once again tonight?

8. Jessica Sanchez- It's A Man's Man's Man's World (James Brown)

• Thanks 5

MENTORS COMMENTARIES

a-kid.png

*standing ovation* Slay those vocals Jessica! Ooh that was FIRE. You’ve really made a statement in that performance, it is so powerful and impactful at the same time. Those growls you made were just spot on. However, I think it was a little too much at times, there could have been a more subtle parts. Nevertheless, you’re like one of the most consistent vocalists this season. It’s hard to not see you advance after this performance.

americanvoice.png

Well that was a really strong performance Jessica! Those growls and power you have was just so good. But maybe a little too strong? I felt like there were couple of moments that were oversung, but this song was really almost every single time oversang. You've been one of the most consistent Jessica, but tonight was not it for me, I wish you could have had more control, I do like your desire to win though, shows so much in this performance. I do feel like you showed more passion than some tonight, kudos to you.

SCORE: 3.2/5

IAN27TAY.png

*Stands and Claps* WOW! You are a living legend girl! This song choice is a risk because it is really hard to sing, but you made it look so easy. That tone when you’re hitting the high notes are actually super great. You really killed this song choice! But, I have one problem on this performance, you were a little bit screamy but who cares though, that is your genre, and I respect it, thank you for this Jessica, hope to see more on you!

SCORE: 2.8/5

jarmon.png

*stands and claps* Jessica! You are such a force to be reckoned with! Let me tell you my problem though with this performance, there was soooo much oversinging that it started to ruin this performance for me. Like I felt almost every note was oversung, you were trying a little too hard with this song. You normally deliver some vocally perfect performances with oversinging but this performance had too much oversinging so just be weary of that in the future.

SCORE: 2.3/5

QUEENMAE16.png

Jessica you better SANG sis! Okay Jessica I was a bit nervous for how it would be received based on the passion of the runs and maybe how it could have been too much, but you EMBODIED the whole song and made it a FORCE. A masterpiece for sure Jessica, I just truly want the best for you, I just love you so much, I want to keep bragging but we don't need to hear my endless rambles! The vocal was pure and nothing but a flawless performance, that scream note was OUT.OF.THIS.WORLD! Okay I think I'm done lmao, but good luck Jessica and I love you sis! I hope we can continue to work together and I hear you slay in your next round!

• Like 1

Next to perform for tonight is an artist who received a Soundcloud Bonus Multiplier last time after singing a Celine Dion classic and making it her own. She impressed the viewers and mentors, resulting in many praises for her performance. Will she keep the consistency going tonight?

9. Angie Miller- Can't Help Falling In Love (Elvis Presley)

• Thanks 4