The Challenge: Total Madness

Alex95

The 35th season of The Challenge is back on April 1st! In case you weren't keeping up with the casting spoilers, the cast has officially been revealed.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/the-challenge-season-35-meet-the-cast-of-total-madness/

The-Challenge-Season-35-Meet-Cast-Total-

Aneesa Ferreira - The Real World: Chicago

Asaf Goren - Big Brother Israel, So You Think You Can Dance

Ashley Mitchell - Real World: Ex-Plosion

Bayleigh Dayton - Big Brother 20

Cory Wharton Real World: Ex-Plosion

Chris "CT" Tamburello - The Real World: Paris

Christopher Jordan "Swaggy C" Williams - Big Brother 20

Dee Nguyen - Geordie Shore 17

Faysal Shawn "Fessy" Shafaat - Big Brother 20, American Ninja Warrior

Jay Starrett - Survivor: Millennials vs. Gen X

Jenna Compono - Real World: Ex-Plosion

Jennifer Lee - The Amazing Race 29

Jennifer West - Survival of the Fittest

Johnny "Bananas" Devenanzio - The Real World: Key West

Jordan Wisely - The Real World: Portland

Josh Martinez - Big Brother 19

Kailah Casillas - Real World: Go Big or Go Home

Kaycee Clark - Big Brother 20

Kyle Christie - Geordie Shore

Mattie Breaux - Party Down South

Melissa Reeves - Ex on the Beach UK 2

Nany Gonzalez - The Real World: Las Vegas (2011)

Nelson Thomas - Are You the One? 3

Rogan O’Connor - Ex on the Beach UK 2

Stephen Bear - Shipwrecked: The Island

Tori Deal - Are You the One? 4

Tula “Big T” Fazakerley - Shipwrecked: Battle of the Islands

Wes Bergmann - The Real World: Austin

Discuss!

Pre-season faves (in alphabetical order) are Aneesa, Ashley, Dee, Fessy, Jay, Mattie, Nany, Tori, Big T, and Wes.

The only people at this point I don't know though are Asaf, Cory, Kailah, Melissa, and Nelson. I'm open to rooting for any of them.

I can also see myself potentially rooting for CT, either Jennifer, Jordan, Josh, or Kyle depending on certain factors...

Edited by Alex95

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Zach still being a dick and he's not even on the season, color me shocked.

Also is that Bayleigh vs. Kaycee drama I peeped 👀. VERY curious what's gonna happen with the BB20 peeps.

Super stoked for this challenge and the aesthetics.

The reason for him being a dick...he just needs to gtfo of The Challenge world already.

• 2 weeks later...

Very fun premiere. The place is cool and the theme is great. I love that you have to win your way to a final that's a great twist. Bananas and Wes potentially working together does intrigue me since they always go after each other so that's something new at least. This Asaf guy was pretty worthless sorry dude this isn't the Bachelor you clearly weren't cut out for this show. His strategy was poor and well I doubt we ever see him again so oh well no big loss.

Ehh not crazy about the premiere. I'm just entirely unpassionate about this cast. The Big T & Ashley duo has a lot of potential I hope. Dee's ass is gonna be messy as hell again and it worked out well in WOTW2 luckily but there's only so much I can excuse her for continuing to crawl back to Rogan. Jay's definitely the Rookie with the most potential and I'm glad he survived. Not feeling the Big Brother peeps yet. Bayleigh jumping down Jay's throat was really weird (though Aneesa's face was hilarious watching it go down :dead:).

The Bananas & Wes alliance has season ruining potential. This season didn't need a Tribunal at all. The hottest guy left first. Torturing them in a bunker seems pointless (I'd rather see them living up in a mansion and happily getting drunk) I'm just worried but people are already on to the Bananas & Wes alliance so maybe they're setting them up for a downfall.

Was Bayleigh this terrible on her season of Big Brother? She is quickly securing herself a spot on the list of most annoying challengers ever. And it's only been the first episode.

Awesome aesthetic this season. Great first challenge. Jenny and Dee really impressed me.

I was not excited about the bunker concept when I read the spoilers, and I am still not excited about it now. I love the idea, but not for The Challenge. Just seems like pointless torture.

Dee being messy this season is something I knew was coming, and yet I am still excited to see her be a train wreck again. She is the kind of delusional I enjoy.

Ashley + Big T. ❤️

The Wes + Bananas alliance is as lackluster as I thought it would be.

Nany continues to be an idiot. LOL. 

I like Jay for The Challenge tbh. Asaf was a pointless casting addition and I am pretty glad he bounced this early.

4 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Was Bayleigh this terrible on her season of Big Brother? She is quickly securing herself a spot on the list of most annoying challengers ever. And it's only been the first episode..

Lol definitely, Bayleigh hasn’t changed at all. Her most infamous moment is screaming at someone so ferociously, she started bleeding at the mouth. She became pregnant in the house and experienced a miscarriage right before that moment so her hormones were going crazy so I excused her behavior as an extremely stressful situation. However, she’s still very self-righteous and...elitist? I can’t think of the right word...but she definitely thinks she’s better than everyone and if you disagree with her, you’re a worse person and completely in the wrong.

You should be grateful for Swaggy C being invisible this episode! He and Bayleigh are honestly perfect together they’re the same.

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

I forgot to mention Jenn Lee talking about using her TAR experience to her benefit on The Challenge was SENDING ME! Sis, you didn’t even last an episode :lmao:

I was dying at that as well. I am so sick of them casting first episode boots in order to pinch a penny. :dead:

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Lol definitely, Bayleigh hasn’t changed at all. Her most infamous moment is screaming at someone so ferociously, she started bleeding at the mouth. She became pregnant in the house and experienced a miscarriage right before that moment so her hormones were going crazy so I excused her behavior as an extremely stressful situation. However, she’s still very self-righteous and...elitist? I can’t think of the right word...but she definitely thinks she’s better than everyone and if you disagree with her, you’re a worse person and completely in the wrong.

You should be grateful for Swaggy C being invisible this episode! He and Bayleigh are honestly perfect together they’re the same.

Okay, I am glad my assessment of her was spot-on then.

Woah, I did not hear about that situation. She became pregnant by Swaggy C in the house, and then subsequently lost said pregnancy while still in the house? JFC. That is a lot to handle. 

Still does not change the fact that she is very clearly an annoying human being. Judging by my social media sleuthing, I can tell that he is just as horrid. LOVELY.

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Okay, I am glad my assessment of her was spot-on then.

Woah, I did not hear about that situation. She became pregnant by Swaggy C in the house, and then subsequently lost said pregnancy while still in the house? JFC. That is a lot to handle. 

Still does not change the fact that she is very clearly an annoying human being. Judging by my social media sleuthing, I can tell that he is just as horrid. LOVELY.

She also made some controversial comments during her season (that never really blew up luckily for her) about Fessy who’s a Muslim. Fessy was lowkey controlling of his girlfriend in the house (and still now I think) Haleigh and got mad when she flirted or anything. Bayleigh said something along the lines that he should go to Pakistan and find a virgin like they do.

Swaggy and Fessy also have that trainwreck cancer basketball game that’s a whole other can of worms that I still don’t know all the tea on because it was so messy :dead:.

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

I forgot to mention Jenn Lee talking about using her TAR experience to her benefit on The Challenge was SENDING ME! Sis, you didn’t even last an episode :lmao:

I have seen every season and I had no idea who she was lol. Not shocked that she was a  first boot. Who watched that one episode and thought that was a good idea lol. 

58 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

She also made some controversial comments during her season (that never really blew up luckily for her) about Fessy who’s a Muslim. Fessy was lowkey controlling of his girlfriend in the house (and still now I think) Haleigh and got mad when she flirted or anything. Bayleigh said something along the lines that he should go to Pakistan and find a virgin like they do.

Swaggy and Fessy also have that trainwreck cancer basketball game that’s a whole other can of worms that I still don’t know all the tea on because it was so messy :dead:.

Oh god I forgot about that basketball game lol. There was a lot of different stuff flying around so yeah I don't know what was actually true and what wasn't. 

Oh Dee... Oh Jordan...

giphy.gif

So much secondhand embarrassment from both of them. Tori killed it tonight when she was like Rogan's not even that great why are you losing your mind over him :dead:. Dee was a straight up trainwreck this episode. I didn't really blame her for not going in. Like she said, she didn't really mentally prepare. You can't just throw yourself into an elimination mindset out of nowhere, that's why Wes flopped so badly last season against Bear. After seeing how Jenn performed though, I so would've regretted it like Dee did lol. And Jordan with the helicopter task and his temper tantrum after :dead:.

Loving all of Tori, Big T, and Jenny tonight. Their personalities all shined brightly. Jenny and Big T are such sweethearts and I'm glad Jenny got that red skull. Tori's such a queen still. I'm sure she'll get that skull in no time (a Dee vs. Tori elimination would be fun :devilwave:). Aneesa is an amazing side character. Her facial expressions are gold, and that line about Jenn looking her best in the challenge but doing the least was hysterical :dead:.

I wanna see Josh in another partner season. I love the way he supports his partners, he is so sweet. The way he helped Nany last season with the swimming purge and how he helped Jenn with the heavy crates. He was doing more than any of those big guys it seemed! He's probably the nicest guy in the cast.

RIP Jenn. I lost it at "Greetings Earthlings" :dead:. Girl is just not cut out for the show. I thought the edit was pointing to a Big T boot the whole time so I'm just relieved she survived and Jenn got the boot.

Kaycee being furniture just like in BB20? Predictable.

• Haha 1

To expand on my Dee is dumb point here's why.

1. First mistake she basically just gave arguably the strongest girl a pass to the finals by throwing her into an elimination vs one of the weakest girls that has been on this show.

2. She unnecessarily put a target on her back from 2 of the strongest people in the house. They won you 250k and you just pissed them off and for what? 

3.  Passing on an easy but physical elimination against the weakest girl there. You gotta win one to get in and you pass on that one like really? No one would have been mad at her if she went down there herself but nope she passed on that. 

4. There's so much secondhand embarrassment over how obsessed she is with Rogan still. Did she not watch her season big yikes.

Edited by QueenKalie

I agree with points 2 and 4. With 3 I do understand the argument there. If they knew about the twist beforehand that the tribunal could throw themselves in I would be harder on her. But she just found out in the moment that she would be allowed to do the elimination. It's hard to put yourself in competition mindset just like that. If she went in and lost, she would never be able to show her face on The Challenge again.

With point 1 I'm still confused about the whole red skull. So is Jenny locked into the finals now? She could still do eliminations if voted against, right? Because I don't think there's anything wrong with getting the strongest competitor on your side only to backstab her later. Jenny was likely getting a red skull anyway, might as well have control over the situation and make Jenny feel like she owes you a favor. However, if she is a lock for the finals and can't compete in any more eliminations then it was definitely the wrong move.

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

I agree with points 2 and 4. With 3 I do understand the argument there. If they knew about the twist beforehand that the tribunal could throw themselves in I would be harder on her. But she just found out in the moment that she would be allowed to do the elimination. It's hard to put yourself in competition mindset just like that. If she went in and lost, she would never be able to show her face on The Challenge again.

With point 1 I'm still confused about the whole red skull. So is Jenny locked into the finals now? She could still do eliminations if voted against, right? Because I don't think there's anything wrong with getting the strongest competitor on your side only to backstab her later. Jenny was likely getting a red skull anyway, might as well have control over the situation and make Jenny feel like she owes you a favor. However, if she is a lock for the finals and can't compete in any more eliminations then it was definitely the wrong move.

She can still compete in the eliminations shes not immune from going in. But realistically people are gonna be too afraid to throw her in because she will probably just come back. Maybe you throw her against Tori later on but but that's obviously not what Dee was thinking. It's not like the twist to throw yourself in was that shocking. People have thrown themselves in from being in the tribunal before. Zack did it and others have as well. When he did it was obviously a dumb idea but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you can just throw yourself in.

21 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

It's not like the twist to throw yourself in was that shocking. People have thrown themselves in from being in the tribunal before. Zack did it and others have as well. When he did it was obviously a dumb idea but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you can just throw yourself in.

Meh it surprised me. From what they were originally told, only those that were questioned were allowed to go in. So the rules changing isn’t something she prepared for or expected. There’s still other easy targets for Dee.

2 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Meh it surprised me. From what they were originally told, only those that were questioned were allowed to go in. So the rules changing isn’t something she prepared for or expected. There’s still other easy targets for Dee.

There is still Big T until someone takes her out next time 😂

"Greetings Earthlings." ICONIC. Aneesa's reaction to Jenn Lee saying that is hilarious. :dead:

Tori and Jordan proved exactly why everybody hated them all long. War of the Worlds 2 painted them in a good light only because Cara Maria and Paulie were the opposition, but wow. This episode clearly shows that the politics game is not in their favor and both of them are whiny, spoiled, self-centered brats. And not in a fun, self-aware way!

"You owe us for winning you the Challenge..." UHM Dee put in just as much work in the final, and what the f*ck else were you both supposed to do? Not do anything in the TEAM final and let the others do all the work? Such an illogical argument. Then to drop her as an ally soon as she does not hand you both what you want...hilarious. 

I also think it is funny to watch Tori scramble to go against the easiest competitor in the house after an entire season of proclaiming her skills and how she will demolish anybody in an elimination. Is she an above average competitor? Absolutely. But pick a lane sweetie. Which is it? Are you willing to play the game straightforward as you so preached last season, or are you now trying to dive into the politics when there is not a majority alliance against you? 

I am glad to see spoiled loser Jordan return in full form, there is nothing likable about this man. At all. YIKES.

Dee is playing the politics game both very intelligently and very stupidly. On the one hand, she is smart in realizing that having Jenny in her back pocket is a good position to be in, but failing to realize that pitting the strongest competitor in the house (male or female) in the first elimination against the easiest competitor....is not smart. Obviously, there are twists lying ahead in the game. Jenny is not necessarily guaranteed a spot in the finals now and can be thrown into an elimination again somewhere down the line. But you want to throw Jenny against an actual threat - both for the possibility of Jenny seizing up and going home like she did on WotW2 and for the possibility that she does the dirty work for you. 

I also love how Dee is getting criticized and judges for not throwing herself into the elimination when the Tribunal Twist was literally made up and thrown at her on the spot. That was obviously a last minute decision made by producers to help out some of their favorites...

Should she have still gone in to the elimination? PROBABLY. But there are other chances for her to go into an elimination.

@QueenKalie + @Alex95 - the tea is that the men in the house (excluding Cory, Fessy, Swaggy C, and Nelson apparently) ranked all of the women in the house from "prettiest to ugliest." That includes the married with child CT. Big T was placed last and she got into a massive fight with the men. Melissa and Bayleigh backed her up against the men. CT was a complete d*ck to Big T, called her something along the lines of a whiny victim, and refused to apologize to her. 

Jenn Lee of course was at the top of the list, and with the fight happening, a lot of the men created a plan to throw Big T into elimination to get rid of her rather than Jenn Lee. The men just wanted to protect her for shallow reasons. Wes is the reason why Jenn Lee ended up going in instead of Big T, changing his vote last minute and basically switching the plan.

A lot of disgusting behavior towards women occurred on this season, and I am sure a ton of it will be edited out. Obviously it's already happening. LOL.

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

@QueenKalie + @Alex95 - the tea is that the men in the house (excluding Cory, Fessy, Swaggy C, and Nelson apparently) ranked all of the women in the house from "prettiest to ugliest." That includes the married with child CT. Big T was placed last and she got into a massive fight with the men. Melissa and Bayleigh backed her up against the men. CT was a complete d*ck to Big T, called her something along the lines of a whiny victim, and refused to apologize to her. 

Jenn Lee of course was at the top of the list, and with the fight happening, a lot of the men created a plan to throw Big T into elimination to get rid of her rather than Jenn Lee. The men just wanted to protect her for shallow reasons. Wes is the reason why Jenn Lee ended up going in instead of Big T, changing his vote last minute and basically switching the plan.

A lot of disgusting behavior towards women occurred on this season, and I am sure a ton of it will be edited out. Obviously it's already happening. LOL.

I didn't know that but none of that surprises me coming from those challenge guys. Jenn Lee is pretty but if I am voting I'll take Mellissa over her any day of the week.

Just now, QueenKalie said:

I didn't know that but none of that surprises me coming from those challenge guys. Jenn Lee is pretty but if I am voting I'll take Mellissa over her any day of the week.

I am so happy Melissa was brought back this season. Her first showing on The Challenge was iconic and she always brings the drama. I still cannot believe she did competed on this season while pregnant and had no idea. :dead: