Little Women

miss denise

I made a thread for this months ago before the movie came out, but of course, it was since deleted and we never got to talk about it. It was released Christmas day. Anyone else see it? :wub: 

I already loved the casting from the trailer, but seeing the movie confirmed to me that it was perfect. :wub: 

I love the book, but I loved the movie even more than I expected. :wub: I thought it was adapted really well.  Jo and Laurie still break me, ugh.  brokenheart.gif   Saoirse and Timothee were amazing. As was Florence.  Oh, and love how the ending played out with Jo. :giggle:

YAY for the nominations. https://nessa007.tumblr.com/post/190235525799/little-women-2019-oscar-nominations I hope it wins big. :wub: 

On 1/21/2020 at 9:06 PM, Alex95 said:

Greta Gerwig elevated this film to such amazing heights I never thought I would like it let alone love it. I look forward to following Gerwig's career for years to come because between this and Lady Bird, she is so gifted.

:yes:  I have yet to see Lady Bird, but I've only heard great things about. I definitely want to check it out, especially since Saoirse is in it as well. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif  But agree Greta adapted Little Women wonderfully. I thought the back and forth in time was very effective, and it kept true to the story and emotions. The script was heartwarming, funny, heartbreaking.. all the things. heart.gif.c504acb42b19a5dcec1a32eb64b25cb0.gif I even liked Amy and Laurie together much more than in the book, even if I'm still not happy about it. :giggle: But I think the way the storyline was organized + the performances of the cast helped.  

ALL MY FEELS.  crying.gif.7e8f61590c9fa4716d4470d08bc8c503.gif crying.gif.7e8f61590c9fa4716d4470d08bc8c503.gif crying.gif.7e8f61590c9fa4716d4470d08bc8c503.gif crying.gif.7e8f61590c9fa4716d4470d08bc8c503.gif crying.gif.7e8f61590c9fa4716d4470d08bc8c503.gif crying.gif.7e8f61590c9fa4716d4470d08bc8c503.gif crying.gif.7e8f61590c9fa4716d4470d08bc8c503.gif crying.gif.7e8f61590c9fa4716d4470d08bc8c503.gif

15 hours ago, *Chris said:

Have yet to see it but I think I'm going to go see it, this weekend! 

:spaz: 

Hope you love it!

Finally went to see it, this past weekend!

I absolutely loved it - it was brilliantly made. And the acting was superb - people who knows me knows Saoirse is one of my favourite actress and she didn't disappoint. Florence was revelation, and everyone else did a stunning job. 

On 1/27/2020 at 11:26 AM, *Chris said:

Finally went to see it, this past weekend!

I absolutely loved it - it was brilliantly made. And the acting was superb - people who knows me knows Saoirse is one of my favourite actress and she didn't disappoint. Florence was revelation, and everyone else did a stunning job. 

Yay!  w00t.gif

So glad you loved it too! I agree with all your thoughts. :wub: :clap: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It won the Oscar for Best Costume Design.  ❤️ 

Best Picture Amy Pascal Nominated  
Best Actress Saoirse Ronan Nominated
Best Supporting Actress Florence Pugh Nominated
Best Adapted Screenplay Greta Gerwig Nominated
Best Original Score Alexandre Desplat Nominated
Best Costume Design Jacqueline Durran

Won

I'm glad it won something, but.... feel it deserved much more. 😭

On 2/10/2020 at 3:18 AM, miss denise said:

It won the Oscar for Best Costume Design.  ❤️ 

Best Picture Amy Pascal Nominated  
Best Actress Saoirse Ronan Nominated
Best Supporting Actress Florence Pugh Nominated
Best Adapted Screenplay Greta Gerwig Nominated
Best Original Score Alexandre Desplat Nominated
Best Costume Design Jacqueline Durran

Won

I'm glad it won something, but.... feel it deserved much more. 😭

I didn't expect them to win anyhting beside that - I've saw most of the movies that won over them and I can see why it won. 

haent seen this yet, but I see a bright future for Florence. Loved her in that wreslting movie where she plays Paige, I also liked that tv mini series where she was a spy little drummer girl. Midsommer though that movie was just very distrubing. Love Florence but no on that one. Also love Emma and Saorise 

• 4 weeks later...

I just finished reading the Little Women: The Official Movie Companion book, which I highly recommend! :wub: It's full of behind the scenes, amazing photos, and I'd say is a must-have for any big fan of this particular movie adaptation or Little Women in general. :yes:  Fun fact I didn't know is that Emma and James wrote Meg and John's wedding vows themselves. 😮 

51YEh9y3h7L._SX400_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

On 2/12/2020 at 5:06 AM, bswanson said:

haent seen this yet, but I see a bright future for Florence. Loved her in that wreslting movie where she plays Paige, I also liked that tv mini series where she was a spy little drummer girl. Midsommer though that movie was just very distrubing. Love Florence but no on that one. Also love Emma and Saorise 

Hope you will see and love it soon, if you still haven't! ❤️ It's out on DVD/Blu-Ray/etc on April 7th (a month away)! 😄