KelseyW

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all! I saw Maddie last night on tour, so I thought I'd share my experience here!

We went to the show in Hartford and it was a very intimate venue. We sat up in the mezzanine so we had a perfect "birds-eye" view of the stage and the sound was fantastic! She played about an hour and a half setlist, comprised of songs from Whirlwind, "Don't Let Your Children Grow Up," "One That Got Away," and lots of covers. She also had a very funny rapport with the audience and joked around a lot. During "Don't Let Your Children" she actually completely forgot the second chorus lyrics and stopped and started asking the audience and her band what they lyrics were! LOL Caleb was in the audience and he was trying to remind her and they were talking back and forth, it was really funny. 

Then there was another moment where she asked if she had ever been to CT before and a couple girls in front of us yelled out to her that she has played here before for a radio show and they were having this whole conversation about it back and forth because Maddie didn't remember, it was so funny to see them yelling back and forth trying to remind her about it LOL

After the show we stopped at the merch table, which was run by Caleb of course. We bought a From the Basement CD, Made You Biscuits magnet (and yes, she did tell the whole backstory of that one 😄), and a tie-dye shirt. Was super cool to meet Caleb, even for just a minute.

I'll try to see if I can remember the setlist (though not in order and there were a lot of songs):

Songs from Whirlwind:

- First Aid Kit (I remember she opened with this)

- Not Losing You

- Nothing Good Comes Out of California

- Wildflowers (she told the backstory of how she thought it was funny 2 Swedish guys wrote this song about what they thought Iowa was like, specifically mentioning a couple of the lyrics like about watching planes go by and using a star to guide herself home as if she doesn't have GPS 😄)

- Made You Miss (with the "biscuits" backstory and substituted some of the lines)

- Take It Out on You (I remember during this one she asked if anyone else out there can relate to this song and I raised my hand and yelled "yes" and she's like "ok one person!" LOL)

- Roses

Songs from the Basement:

- Don't Let Your Children Grow Up (during which she forgot the lyrics)

New:

- One That Got Away

Covers - there were tons so I probably won't be able to remember them all, but I think they were all songs from the '70s, nothing modern

- "Blue Bayou" 

- "Brand New Key"

- "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" (she closed with this one and accompanied herself without her band)

-  "It's Too Late" by Carole King

-  "Midnight at the Oasis" by Maria Muldaur

- "I WIll Survive" by Gloria Gaynor

- "Love Will Keep Us Together" by Captain & Tennille

I don't remember if there were any more than that. We had a great time at the show and it was very entertaining! Unfortunately I don't think she sold a lot of tickets at this show, the venue was meant for like 500-600 people I think and I'd be surprised if there were any more than maybe 100-200 people there max, but probably less honestly. The mezzanine was meant for something like 100 or so people and there were maybe 15 people there? So I don't know if she'll ever come back to CT, at least not in that area, so I was glad to get to see her at least once. She is phenomenal live!

Oh I forgot to mention, there were a couple points where people came in late and she was like "Did they announce the wrong show time or something?" LOL She was very welcoming to anyone who came in late anyway and it was funny. 

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
14 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Unfortunately, I live in Oregon and that's nowhere near where she's playing.

Oh, and did Maddie dye her hair?  When she was on the show, it was blonde and now it's brunette.

Yes, she changed her hair color.

• 1 month later...