NBA Thread

Kert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, this was the scene outside The Garden after we beat the Pacers the other night (it was our second win since NYC allowed fans back into arenas):

I don't know how far we're going to get this season, but it makes me happy to see other Knicks fans get excited about this team. #GivesMeHope

Edited by ShortstopVM

First Round:

1st Dunk:

Cassius Stanley: Bounced it off the floor, threaded it underneath the legs, and got it though on the first attempt. 10/50.

Obi Toppin: Bounces it off the floor and through his legs, and drains the Tomahawk reverse. 10/50.

Anfernee Simons: Grabbed the basketball off the mini-holder at the top, and dunked it in. Original, but I question the degree of difficulty. 9/48.

2nd Dunk:

Cassius Stanley: One bounce before a one-hand jam – on the second try. Meh. 6/30

Anfernee Simons: Takes off from downtown, bounces it once, pumps it in 360 before jamming it in. 8.5/42

Obi Toppin: Running one-handed windmill over two guys; got it on the second try. 9/45.

Finals:

Obi Toppin: Runs it from the arc before threading it under the legs. No dribble. Difficulty not really there. 7/38.

Anfernee Simons: Bounces it to the charge circle, before catching-and-dunking. No real impact. Did not kiss the rim, if that was his intent. 6.5/36.

--

I don't know about giving the decision to Anfernee Simons, but I can't be mad at the result - that Final Round was lackluster and neither him nor Toppin did anything to distinguish themselves. :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with LeBron. WHO THE :censored: ASKED FOR A PLAY-IN TOURNAMENT, ANYAWAY?!?!? :argue:

This :censored: was okay last season in The Bubble, when it was just a twice-to beat format. But now we're doing a Modified Page Playoff - which BTW doesn't minimize travel in the time of COVID - for this play-in? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...