Baseball Thread

Kert

Urias = urine 🤮

20 hours ago, idolwatcher_1 said:

Do you have money on the end result of the NLCS? :giggle:

If by money you mean, "I do NOT want a division rival - much less one who only made the Postseason because of my team's collapse - to win", then yes. :cha-ching: :yes: 😏

Edited by ShortstopVM

3 hours ago, ShortstopVM said:

Urias = urine 🤮

If by money you mean, "I do NOT want a division rival - much less one who only made the Postseason because of my team's collapse - to win", then yes. :cha-ching: :yes: 😏

:lmao:  I've certainly seen that before... heck, there are Yankees fans (that have no love for the Astros) that are only rooting for them because their opponent is the Red Sox, and they hate them even more!  But others are just the opposite... they root for teams that come out of their division, and see any success of theirs as a bit of a compliment to the division's group or capabilities as a whole.  It just depends on the person.  As long as you don't have real money on the outcome, I think you'll be okay :stealth:

Edited by idolwatcher_1

On 10/21/2021 at 12:37 AM, QueenKalie said:

As a Cubs fan for me it depends on which division team it is. If the Pirates or Reds had success then that's fine no big deal but the Cardinals and the Brewers can go float themselves.

If it's the Marlins or Nationals, I generally wouldn't mind - but there may be exceptions: For example, in 2019 I was rooting against the Nats in the Postseason because I was too upset with them making it while we faltered down the stretch. 

If it's the Braves or Phillies... Let's just say that I'll only root for them if they play the yankees in the World Series (see: 2009). 😱

Edited by ShortstopVM

Interesting note for this World Series match-up is that the Astros' hitting coach, Troy Snitker, who has been with the team since 2019, is the son of Brian Snitker, the manager of the Atlanta Braves! So it'll be a bit of a family affair for them. :yes:  From the stats of the League Championship Series, the Astros lead or tie the Braves offensively in every single standard category, except stolen bases.

image.thumb.png.e111515124548c42e8989382e045556c.png

21 hours ago, ShortstopVM said:

Phew! phew.gif

Back to H-Town for Games 6 and 7; the Braves are about to get washed:devilwave:

This is such a roller-coaster!... The Astros posted the most runs scored in MLB during the regular season (863), the most runs scored out of all the Division Series teams (31), the most runs scored out of all the League Series teams (36), and most runs scored thus far in the World Series (20)...(Braves have 18).  They have the goods, but they have to put it all together in Game 6, and if they win that Game 7, and it's not going to be easy with their two star pitchers (Verlander and McCullers) not able to pitch in this World Series.  They almost have to be on fire offensively to offset whatever weaknesses they have elsewhere.

2 hours ago, idolwatcher_1 said:

This is such a roller-coaster!... The Astros posted the most runs scored in MLB during the regular season (863), the most runs scored out of all the Division Series teams (31), the most runs scored out of all the League Series teams (36), and most runs scored thus far in the World Series (20)...(Braves have 18).  They have the goods, but they have to put it all together in Game 6, and if they win that Game 7, and it's not going to be easy with their two star pitchers (Verlander and McCullers) not able to pitch in this World Series.  They almost have to be on fire offensively to offset whatever weaknesses they have elsewhere.

Exactly. :yes: Ideally, the Astros would get out to a five-run lead and give Garcia some serious run support, which in turn can convince Dusty to leave him in the game for five or six innings (so long as Garcia continues to keep the Braves off the board).

Preserving that bullpen would be huge for them. :omg: 

I've been pressing the "angry react" on all the Braves WS posts that have come up on my FB feed in the past forty-eight hours lol...

Also, why the :censored: are all the "Suggested for You" posts on my related to the Braves? 🙄

As you can imagine, I am still saltier than the Dead Sea right now... 🧂

Salty GIF

• 2 weeks later...

So, in the past two weeks:

- The Braves won the World Series 👎

- Nobody wants to be the GM of the Mets (except for Billy Eppler)

- Thor signed with Anaheim for 1 year/$21 mil

The weapons formed against us are prospering... And they are here to stay for a while... 😩😩😩