Baseball Thread

Kert

Thanks for the new link, Kert! :yes:

So, I've been away for the past couple of weeks and apparently IDF is getting re-booted? :unsure:

Also, I can't even begin to fathom how much history would be lost if all the old posts indeed, were gone forever... :'( That was my adolescence and even a good chunk of my young adult years. Before the popularity of Twitter and Instagram, this was where us regulars all hung out. In it's heyday, the [original] Baseball Thread was one of the most active threads - heck, it even had more posts than some of the most active threads from AI's recent seasons. :whistling: For the original thread to be gone would be devastating. :no: >.<

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
BREAKING: Houston Astros GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch have been suspended for one year after an MLB investigation found the team used technology to cheat during its World Series-winning 2017 season, sources familiar with the punishment tell ESPN.

Additionally, MLB will fine the Astros $5 million and take away their first- and second-round picks in the 2020 and 2021 drafts, sources tell ESPN.

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/12167...4126586883?s=21

Jim Crane just fired Jeff Luhnow and AJ Hinch.

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/12168...9805669383?s=21

^It's sad that it took a cheating scandal for Luhnow to be fired:

⚠️ ⚠️ ⚠️

"Stephanie was sitting in the room."

Again, STEPHANIE WAS SITTING IN THE ROOM.

If that wasn't blatant disregard for the situation, I don't know what is. :unsure:

THIS is when Luhnow should've been fired.

Edited by ShortstopVM

The Red Sox are going down too.

If Luhnow and Hinch both got a year (before getting fired), for basically being in charge of cheaters, Alex Cora should get at least two, for actually doing the cheating, in both organizations.

Yeah... :no: I understand why the Mets had to do this... :unsure:

It's ironic that the Beltran hiring was a PR move, and the Mets got more than they bargained for - he was never the right guy for this team...

The silver lining though, is that the Mets got a mulligan and we can finally get the right manager for this team (if management takes their heads out of their a$$es). Eduardo Perez is still out there. Heck, I just found out that Hensley Meulens is on our staff, not Miami's. Let's get either one of these guys and get this season started.

Edited by ShortstopVM