Sign in to follow this  
Kert

Baseball Thread

A ShortstopVM Favorite, Travis d'Arnaud, signed with Gwinnett. 2 yrs/16M

Jose Abreu back with CWS 3yr/50M

Yasmani Grandal to CWS 4/73

Edited by Kert

Thanks for the new link, Kert! :yes:

So, I've been away for the past couple of weeks and apparently IDF is getting re-booted? :unsure:

Also, I can't even begin to fathom how much history would be lost if all the old posts indeed, were gone forever... :'( That was my adolescence and even a good chunk of my young adult years. Before the popularity of Twitter and Instagram, this was where us regulars all hung out. In it's heyday, the [original] Baseball Thread was one of the most active threads - heck, it even had more posts than some of the most active threads from AI's recent seasons. :whistling: For the original thread to be gone would be devastating. :no: >.<

There are murmurings that the Wilpons are planning to sell the team.

I'll believe it when I see it. /discussion

Mets signed Michael Wacha

Edit: Rendon to Angels 7/245

Edited by Kert

Mets signed Michael Wacha

He's good... But he's not an "Ace"...

As far as I'm concerned, we have four Aces and a gap in the rotation every fifth day... :unsure:

Bumgarner to D-backs 5yr/85m

That's a reach imo...Bumgarner's best years are behind him. Still not not terribly expensive tho.

Edited by ATX29

That's a reach imo...Bumgarner's best years are behind him. Still not not terribly expensive tho.

And it's not like they're gonna get into the Postseason (where he can work his magic) anyways... :shifty:

Mets signed Betances

I didn't even flinch. :blargwave: I'd like to see how he performs before I judge this move; for all we know, he could be a bust. :fear:

BREAKING: Houston Astros GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch have been suspended for one year after an MLB investigation found the team used technology to cheat during its World Series-winning 2017 season, sources familiar with the punishment tell ESPN.

Additionally, MLB will fine the Astros $5 million and take away their first- and second-round picks in the 2020 and 2021 drafts, sources tell ESPN.

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/12167...4126586883?s=21

Jim Crane just fired Jeff Luhnow and AJ Hinch.

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/12168...9805669383?s=21

^It's sad that it took a cheating scandal for Luhnow to be fired:

Astros GM Jeff Luhnow was asked whether he had personally reached out to @stephapstein to apologize.

Luhnow said he’s been busy and hasn’t had the time.

Stephanie was sitting in the room.

[link]

(!) (!) (!)

"Stephanie was sitting in the room."

Again, "STEPHANIE WAS SITTING IN THE ROOM".

If that wasn't blatant disregard for the situation, I don't know what is. :unsure:

That's when Luhnow should've been fired.

The Red Sox are going down too.

If Luhnow and Hinch both got a year (before getting fired), for basically being in charge of cheaters, Alex Cora should get at least two, for actually doing the cheating, in both organizations.

Luhnow was the architect of this Astros team. Hinch managed them perfectly. Big lose for the Stros.

I think they're run is over.

Yeah... :no: I understand why the Mets had to do this... :unsure:

It's ironic that the Beltran hiring was a PR move, and the Mets got more than they bargained for - he was never the right guy for this team...

The silver lining though, is that the Mets got a mulligan and we can finally get the right manager for this team (if management takes their heads out of their a$$es). Eduardo Perez is still out there. Heck, I just found out that Hensley Meulens is on our staff, not Miami's. Let's get either one of these guys and get this season started.

Edited by ShortstopVM