Baseball Thread

Kert

I would also be remiss if I didn't mention that this series featured two Terp Alums - Brandon Lowe (Rays) and Adam Kolarek (Dodgers). :stud: 🐢🐢 #HeATerp

Congratulations to Adam Kolarek winning a World Series Ring! :clap: The last Maryland Alumnus to do so, was Ron Swoboda in 1969 (#LGM). :yes:

This was slightly disappointing - I would be so. pissed. off. if we didn't a World Series in the next 3-5 years, let alone next year...

Other than that, Cohen said the right things - the things someone who would buy their childhood team with the intention of winning multiple Championships would say/needs to say. It's just a matter now of actually backing that up. He knows as much as I do that any season not ending with a WS TITLE is a failure.

Bauer wins the NL Cy Young Award in a landslide... But I'm not mad about it - it wasn't cut-and-dry for deGrom as it was in the past two seasons (Darvish was also in the running and a few could've made arguments for Max Fried); plus in a 60-game season, anything was going to be possible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Face, meet palm.

When you make blockbuster deals like this... It usually means that you have to give up something... For us, that's prospects - something which we have a dearth in. I really did not want to part with Gimenez... :no:

This trade is a bust if we don't win the World Series.

Get Porter outta here ⏏️ To keep him would be inviting a distraction (and bad karma). Ideally, he should be fired before I wake up in the morning...

Anyhow, since he hasn't been here for long (and Sandy has been pulling most of the strings), it shouldn't affect our long-term game plan that much. Find a replacement, and keep the train rolling.

Edited by ShortstopVM

17 hours ago, ShortstopVM said:

Get Porter outta here ⏏️ To keep him would be inviting a distraction (and bad karma). Ideally, he should be fired before I wake up in the morning...

And gone he is. :stud: I'm glad that Cohen fired his a$$ that quickly. :shock:  Get that 💩 outta here.

Trash Throw Away GIF by MOODMAN

So, Daniel Murphy retired. 🥱 I would be more appreciative of his six-game HR streak in the 2015 Postseason, if we had won the World Series it weren't for the two key errors he committed in the World Series. 🤷‍♂️ #GoodRiddance :blargwave:

Edited by ShortstopVM

WELP... Yet another one that got away from us... :no: 

Apparently, $93m/3 years (with $37mil in 2021) wasn't enough, yet I could've lived with a one-year deal of $37-$40mil. Matching the Dodgers' offer - even with Steve Cohen's money - probably would've been too much, IMO

EDIT: Apparently, we offered him more than the Lads did, but at $40mil in 2021, $35mil in 2022... :huh:

Edited by ShortstopVM