Would you rather have a completely new cast, or bring back the S18 cast? With the option of starting from scratch with the S18 format, Or only bringing back the top 17 with 7 weeks of live shows.

Hsamid

Pick one  

22 members have voted

1. 1. This upcoming season.. would you rather have

• A completely new cast
    • S18 cast with S18 format, but starting from scratch.
    • S18 but only the "live" contestants (Top 17) with 7 weeks of live shows.

Posted (edited)

So hypothetically, let's say with this upcoming season we are given the option to bring back the S18 cast or start with a completely new cast? Which do you pick?

So we all know the S18 cast was kind of screwed with no opportunity to perform live, there will be 2 options for them.

The 1st S18 option would be in the same format as last time, except they get to actually perform live, and there isn't really any "blind" auditions for us, just the coaches.

but of course, since it's a clean slate, Everything from song choices, battle partners, eliminations, and even who gets a chair and who doesn't could end up being completely different.

The 2nd option is just everyone that made the "lives" in S18, and the entire season would be 7 weeks of live shows. 

For anyone that needs reminding of the S18 cast

https://thevoice.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Season_18_Contestants

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

• Hsamid changed the title to Would you rather have a completely new cast, or bring back the S18 cast? With the option of starting from scratch with the S18 format, Or only bringing back the top 17 with 7 weeks of live shows.
15 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

What a bizarre prompt but give me the S18 cast for the sake of seeing Zan Fiskum on the show again

That's what happens when you can't sleep at 5 am, bored out of your mind.

• Haha 3

This is such a random concept to throw out there lol it would be so random for them to re-do S18 4 years after it ended

But maybe I'd consider the starting from scratch idea just so I can get a few more performances out of Samantha Howell, Chelle, & Zan

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Idk, ig I like the top 17 S18 cast enough to bring them back and redo their live shows.

I understand it was no ones fault, but those home made videos didn't do anyone's voice justice imo. If it at least had the quality of the typical "prelive" sound it would have been much easier to stomach. 

We know Allegra and Megan kill it in a live setting based on their AI runs, and I'd love to hear everyone else. Specifically TStorm, Todd, Zan and Toneisha.

I also remember when all the Blake winners came back for that one performance in his final season, and I honestly thought Todd sounded the best out of everyone.. not even his biggest fan either.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1