American Idol 22 Top 24 Pre-Performance Power Rankings

kenboy1

It’s important to note this is NOT a ranking it who is the best, but how much staying power each person has…

I know some people may disagree with this, but here is my first power rankings based on everything we’ve seen so far…

Tier S :

1. Abi
2. Julia
3. Will
4. Mckenna 

Tier A :

5. Jack
6. Kabrienne
7. Samuel “Kayko”
8. Triston

Tier B :

9. Jennifer
10. Emmy
11. Hailey
12. Odell

Tier C :

13. Jayna
14. Mia
15. Ajii
16. Blake

Tier D :

17. Nya
18. Jordan
19. Mackenzie
20. Roman

Tier F :

21. Quintavious 
22. Elleigh
23. KBlocks
24. Kennedy

I didn’t put any explanations because that would be too long, but…if you want clarification…feel free to ask and put your comments and thoughts as well as your own power rankings …

Edited by kenboy1
  • Confused 1

Here’s my rankings, beginning with the top tier:

1.  Abi — even with a somewhat shaky performance in the Showstopper round, the editing was sympathetic, since she had bronchitis.

2.  Triston — he’s getting a great edit and he’s a male country singer.

3.  K.B. — she’s also getting a good edit and she’s not overly pimped.

4.  McKenna — she also has a great edit but her Showstopper performance was shaky due to a questionable song choice.

Now for those in the second tier:

5.  Odell — best singer of the guys and he has a good edit.

6.  Will — he’s a country guy but he doesn’t have as strong an edit as Triston.

7.  Julia — she’s the best of the female powerhouse vocalists but girls like her haven’t won since Season 12.

8.  Jack — he’s the last guy to get a good edit.

Now for the third tier:

9.  Emmy — while she’s got a good edit due to being Loretta Lynn’s granddaughter, she also has confidence issues.

10.  Kayko — he has a decent edit but not as good as the guys above him.

11.  Mia — she’s a country girl and country singers tend to go far.

12.  Mackenzie — I think that he’ll be more popular than Blake.

Now for the fourth tier:

13.  Jayna — I think she’s more likely to get a Wildcard spot than Nya.

14.  Ajii — he’s probably most likely to get a Wildcard slot among the guys.

15.  Hailey — I want to put her higher but she’s been shafted by the editing.

16.  Blake — he began well but his editing tanked in Hollywood.

Now for the fifth tier:

17.  Nya — she’s quite a performer and singer but minivan hates her.

18.  Roman — he’s not as strong as Odell.

19.  Jennifer — she’s got a unique tone but it’s not to everyone’s taste.

20.  Kennedy — she’ll squeak by the first cut.

And now the final tier:

21.  Jordan — he’s cute but his song choice concerns me.

22.  K-Blocks — her audition wasn’t shown, and she’s too off-beat.

23.  Quintavious — never sing Carrie Underwood songs!

24.  Elleigh — what’s with her song choice?

I feel like this is damn near impossible at this point, but I’ll give a shot. 

1. Will

2. Triston 

3. Abi

4. Odell

5. KB

6. Emmy

7. McKenna

8. Jack

9, Kayko

10. Blake 

11. Roman 

12. Jennifer 

13. Julia 

14. Mackenzie 

15. Mia 

16. Jayna 

17. Ajii 

18. Hailey

19. Quintavious 

20. Nya

21. Elleigh 

22. Kennedy 

23. KBlocks 

24. Jordan 

Okay I guess I'll give it a shot Yolo. This is definitely not my preferred order I'm just guessing based on what I think the audience is going to go with. (I'm probably wrong since I'm not a member of team minivan.) :dead:

1. Triston - He's got a great story he's the right gender and he sings country so I think he's the favorite currently.

2. Emmy - Her story and personality will carry her far I think. 

3. McKenna - Great unique voice and a great story. I think America will really like her and I think we will get great performances from her.

4. Will - I think America will prefer Triston over him based on story and personality. But if Triston falters he could benefit the most from that.

5. KB - She's definitely trending on the right direction. If she keeps that up she's definitely a real contender.

6. Abi - I think she's probably more popular here then with the general public. I just don't really see them voice for someone like her over the people in front of her but who knows maybe I'm underestimating her. 

7. Blake - He was my front runner after auditions but he faltered in Hollywood. He will need to rebound if he wants to win.

I'm not sold on them as winners but they could change my mind.

8. Odell

9. Jack

10. Kyako

11. Mackenzie

12. Jennifer

13. Julia

14. Mia

15. Ajii

No chance

16. Jayna

17. Roman

18. Hailey

19. Elleigh

20. Nya

21. Kennedy

22. Jordan

23. Quintavious

24. K-Blocks 

Edited by QueenKalie
  • Confused 2

1. Triston: Total Scotty vibes from him

2. Emmy: Her sweet, shy personality will work in her favor. 

3. Will: Great old-school country voice. 

4. Abi: Lots of momentum from her strong audition and I think she’s capable of giving us a “moment.”

5. Odell: He’s easy to root for and is gonna kill it every week. 

6. Julia: She’s a bit over the top sometimes but I think she can go far with her strong vocals. Also capable of a “wow” moment. 

7. KB: A very cool voice and she seems to really connect with the songs she chooses. She’s pretty but not “sexy” so minivan doesn’t mind her. 

8. McKenna: I worry about her vocal range a bit but if she chooses the right songs, she can go very far. Raspy voiced girls seem to stick around a while on ABC’s Idol. 

9. Jack: I could see him getting boring after a few weeks but he has a good voice. The type of voice that people tend to vote for. 

10. Kayko: We don’t know how he sounds singing a cover yet since we’ve only heard original music from him. 

11. Jennifer: A polarizing contestant for sure. She could either bomb or be the dark horse of the season. 

12. Ajii: A strong gritty voice that could end up being a bit monotonous. 

13. Blake: I’m not ready to write him off yet because he could make a comeback, but he’s certainly lost momentum since his audition. 

14. Jayna: I’d love to see her stick around a long time but I’m sadly getting Sarina Joi flashbacks. 

15. Mia: She could also be a dark horse but there’s a lot of strong female talent this season, so she could get lost in the shuffle. 

16. Mackenzie: He’s a good pop singer and he’s got the look but I think he’s just a bit TOO put together for viewers to get behind. 

17. Roman: He’s good but Odell does everything he can do even better. 

18. Hailey: Her voice just isn’t remarkable among this cast. And her lack of airtime will hurt her. 

19. Nya: Like Mackenzie but even more put together. The voters prefer raw talent and as strange as it may be, all her experience will be a hindrance to her. Like CarmenSandiego said, minivan hasn’t warmed up to her. 

20. Kennedy: She does have a big voice but she’s just so pageanty and overdone. That being said, she COULD surprise us. But I’m not gonna bet on her going far as of now. 

21. Jordan: A pop guy with a nice voice but nothing remarkable. Mackenzie and Blake are more memorable. 

22. Quintavious: Good but boring. Doesn’t bring the same wow factor that Odell and sometimes even Roman bring to to the table. 

23. Elleigh: She’s hardly been shown and with such a strong crop of females, she doesn’t stand out in any way other than being a pretty blonde girl. 

24. K-Blocks: Sadly she’s just way too quirky and odd for the voters. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Okay I guess I'll give it a shot Yolo. This is definitely not my preferred order I'm just guessing based on what I think the audience is going to go with. (I'm probably wrong since I'm not a member of team minivan.) :dead:

1. Triston - He's got a great story he's the right gender and he sings country so I think he's the favorite currently.

2. Emmy - Her story and personality will carry her far I think. 

3. McKenna - Great unique voice and a great story. I think America will really like her and I think we will get great performances from her.

4. Will - I think America will prefer Triston over him based on story and personality. But if Triston falters he could benefit the most from that.

5. KB - She's definitely trending on the right direction. If she keeps that up she's definitely a real contender.

6. Abi - I think she's probably more popular here then with the general public. I just don't really see them voice for someone like her over the people in front of her but who knows maybe I'm underestimating her. 

7. Blake - He was my front runner after auditions but he faltered in Hollywood. He will need to rebound if he wants to win.

I'm not sold on them as winners but they could change my mind.

8. Odell

9. Jack

10. Kyako

11. Mackenzie

12. Jennifer

13. Julia

14. Mia

15. Ajii

No chance

16. Jayna

17. Roman

18. Hailey

19. Elleigh

20. Nya

21. Kennedy

22. Jordan

23. Quintavious

24. K-Blocks 

I think that you’re definitely underestimating Abi.  But we’ll see for sure after Sunday’s performance.  And maybe I’m underestimating Emmy too.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

3 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I think that you’re definitely underestimating Abi.  But we’ll see for sure after Sunday’s performance.  And maybe I’m underestimating Emmy too.

I could be but she just strikes me as the IDF it girl that goes out around top 8 or so and then just ends up as a robbed goddess. :dead:

The most established contestants ... 

1. Will

2. Mckenna

3. Triston

4. Abi

5. KB

6. Emmy

7. Julia

8. Ajii

9. Odell

10. Jack

VERY close to making it, but need to hear more

11. Mia

12. Kayko

13. Jennifer

14. Blake

Could see them put up a fight but the odds are stacked against them

15. Jayna

16. Hailey

17. Mackenzie

18. Nya

Have no chance unfortunately:

19. Kennedy

20. Roman

21. Quintavious

22. Elleigh

23. Jordan 

24. K. Blocks

On 4/6/2024 at 12:01 AM, TeamAudra said:

I feel like this is damn near impossible at this point, but I’ll give a shot. 

1. Will

2. Triston 

3. Abi

4. Odell

5. KB

6. Emmy

7. McKenna

8. Jack

9, Kayko

10. Blake 

11. Roman 

12. Jennifer 

13. Julia 

14. Mackenzie 

15. Mia 

16. Jayna 

17. Ajii 

18. Hailey

19. Quintavious 

20. Nya

21. Elleigh 

22. Kennedy 

23. KBlocks 

24. Jordan 

Post T24. Upon further review, I had Odell, Blake, Roman and Jennifer a little too high, and I had Julia, Mia, Quintavious and Kennedy a little too low. Other than that, I’m satisfied with it. I’ll redo it if we get spoilers later. 

Edited by TeamAudra