Best Winner Audition From The Voice Australia.

Hsamid

Best winner audition  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

• Karise Eden - a man's man's world
    • Harrison Craig - broken vow
    • Anja Nissen - vanishing
    • Ellie Drennan - take it all
    • Alfie Arcuri - scars
    • Judah Kelly - Tennessee whiskey
    • Sam Perry - when doves cry
    • Diana Rouvas - vision of love
    • Chris Sebastian - jealous
    • Bella Taylor Smith - Ave maria
    • Lachie Gill - if the world was ending.
  2. 2. Least favourite audition

In honor of what is potentially Australia's last season of the voice, I thought I'd make this poll.

If you want, would be interesting to see what people think of all these performances, I'm guessing it's gonna be some people's first time listening to them.

All performances are in this compilation, timestamps of each performance in the description.  (Let me know if the video is unavailable for you)

Edited by Hsamid

Just now, nytsch said:

I'm only familiar with Karise's but interested to watch them all to see if anyone tops that :giggle:

I think I watched Judah's for some other poll here and didn't really care for it tbh.

Just my personal opinion, but I don't think anyone tops her in terms of how unique her voice is, but there are a few I prefer over her.

My personal favourite is Bella atm but I'm gonna have to watch some of the others before I give her my vote

9 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I don't remember most of these but somehow i'm extremely sure that in a rank, Lachie would be dead last lol

Added a least favourite performance poll question 🙂

Edited by Hsamid

Some thoughts...

Karise - this is one of those "moment" BAs that only comes around every so often, if I had to critique I think she's stronger in the bigger parts but like that's just nitpicking

Harrison - this was fine, but I wanted more of a climax? Also didn't really like his tone in certain parts

Anja - I actually prefer this to Diana's (possible hot take)? maybe it's just the tone for me but I thought she slayed it

Ellie - ehhh... indie girl pronunciations too much for me

Alfie - sold the emotion of the song well, good voice

Judah - now somehow I actually liked this more than I remember? I do prefer this song a little grittier but I enjoyed his version and cool vocal choices

Sam - oh wait I actually have seen this lol, uhhhh not really sure how to comment tbh? sounds like he's got a good voice though

Diana - the one part I didn't really like was the whistle note and the part right after sounded kinda weird but maybe that was just me? the majority of this was really good though, she may have actually done this song justice

Chris - fine but voice kinda indistinct and I'm so tired of this song

Bella - gonna be honest, first thing I thought was "Ellie Goulding is that you" lol, she's got her own thing though, some cool intricate stuff in there. I actually liked the softer parts better though

Lachie - uhhh? this wasn't good

Preliminary ranking:

Great

1. Karise

2. Anja

3. Diana

Good

4. Alfie

5. Bella

6. Judah

At least interesting

7. Sam

Meh

8. Chris

9. Ellie

10. Harrison

11. Lachie

Apologies in advance for hot takes or if I insulted any favorites, this is just on first listen lol

Edited by nytsch
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Some thoughts...

Karise - this is one of those "moment" BAs that only comes around every so often, if I had to critique I think she's stronger in the bigger parts but like that's just nitpicking

Harrison - this was fine, but I wanted more of a climax? Also didn't really like his tone in certain parts

Anja - I actually prefer this to Diana's (possible hot take)? maybe it's just the tone for me but I thought she slayed it

Ellie - ehhh... indie girl pronunciations too much for me

Alfie - sold the emotion of the song well, good voice

Judah - now somehow I actually liked this more than I remember? I do prefer this song a little grittier but I enjoyed his version and cool vocal choices

Sam - oh wait I actually have seen this lol, uhhhh not really sure how to comment tbh? sounds like he's got a good voice though

Diana - the one part I didn't really like was the whistle note and the part right after sounded kinda weird but maybe that was just me? the majority of this was really good though, she may have actually done this song justice

Chris - fine but voice kinda indistinct and I'm so tired of this song

Bella - gonna be honest, first thing I thought was "Ellie Goulding is that you" lol, she's got her own thing though, some cool intricate stuff in there. I actually liked the softer parts better though

Lachie - uhhh? this wasn't good

Preliminary ranking:

Great

1. Karise

2. Anja

3. Diana

Good

4. Alfie

5. Bella

6. Judah

At least interesting

7. Sam

Meh

8. Chris

9. Ellie

10. Harrison

11. Lachie

Apologies in advance for hot takes or if I insulted any favorites, this is just on first listen lol

Actually agree about Diana. It's cool she can hit the note, but just because you can doesn't mean you should.. it was very unpleasant. I remember this being one of the only times she sounded rough to me and I actually considered it one of her weaker performances, it's been a while though. On pure singing ability she's imo the best here and I'd rank her up there with the best of TVUSA.

Lol poor Lachie, I remember the thread here when the season aired, he was a snowflake killer in the later rounds. I actually liked this performance though after the beginning, gives me sort of the emo vocal/alt rock vocal vibes of the 2000s.

Harrison would be last on my ranking.

• Like 1

1. Karise: no explanation needed 

2. Diana: She DID that. And i'm glad that she didn't skip the whistle (even if it wasn't perfect) like some people does with Mariah Carey's songs on certain American show 🙃  

3. Harrison: Great rendition. It gave me chills. Talented young man right there.  (And he is cute) 

4. Bella: She ate and left no crumbs. Her vocals were on point, but she also managed to keep the essence of the song which was great. I still think that Harrison had a more cohesive performance, that's why i put him above her, but overall very impressive.

5. Anja: Technically good rendition, but idk, it was missing something. Like, not enough emotion, it felt liked really good karaoke. And it's a Mariah Carey's song, so expectatives are gonna be quite high. Still, i really liked her tone, but in terms of singing Mariah's songs, Diana completely destroys her.  

6. Alfie: Unlike Anja, this was FULL of emotions. Indeed, as Delta said, it was a beautiful rendition.  But i still feel like Anja was better in a technical aspect. So i still would rank her higher (He is very attractive, btw)

7. Ellie: wow, i really, really like her tone. Not nearly as polished as the other females on the list, but still very pretty audition. I can see what Jessie saw in her.   

8. Sam: what the heck happened there?? Anyway, talented? Yes. Unique? Yes. I liked it? Not that much, but he has a good voice, i can understand the appeal. But his style it's just not for me (He is very hot, tho)

9. Chris. Sorry, what is special about this?? Extremely meh. Jeffery, Aliyah, and Parijita outsould. Oh, he is the brother of one of the coaches, that explains all...

10. Judah: with so many great covers of that song on The Voice USA, i can't bring myself to like that. Sorry   

11. Lachie: there is a little of performance in that autotune... Ok, that's not his fault, but that doesn't make the performance any better. Wow, Australia managed to crown probably one of the worst winners ever on any version, but he was the only white men in the finale so it was expected (Also, he is extremely hot, so there is that)  

The conclusión i got from this is that Australia has very attractive men lol

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

3. Harrison: Great rendition. It gave me chills. Talented young man right there.  (And he is cute) 

Well I agree with this much lol (also Harrison was the only one I found attractive, I know I am basic lol)