Bobby Bones not returning for Season 20

sublymonal

6 hours ago, sublymonal said:

No one officially yet

Jimmy Iovine? He was such a good mentor and the first in house mentor the American Idol show had. He was definitely better than Bobby Bones. I would love to see him mentor contestants on American Idol again. Scott Borchetta on the other hand I couldn’t stand. I hated him as a mentor for American Idol. Bobby Bones was okay, but came off very corny with his jokes.

Edited by mrsvaledictorian2017

4 minutes ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

If we are talking about people who never were in house mentors on American Idol, I would recommend Adam Lambert, Demi Lovato, Chris Daughtry, Randy Jackson, Mary J. Blige, or Bebe Rexha.

No. lol

Randy Jackson? He's in the past.

The others eh. That's just my personal taste though. I'd love to see the band Hanson mentor as it's their 30th anniversary as a band this year! 🙂 

30 minutes ago, KelseyW said:

No. lol

Randy Jackson? He's in the past.

The others eh. That's just my personal taste though. I'd love to see the band Hanson mentor as it's their 30th anniversary as a band this year! 🙂 

Hanson would be awesome to have as an American Idol mentor in house mentor and it would be a trio of mentors not just one person.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2022 at 9:08 PM, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

Jimmy Iovine? He was such a good mentor and the first in house mentor the American Idol show had.

Jimmy was useless. He only offered “feedback” on the results show that was clearly influenced by the results.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Jimmy was useless. He only offered “feedback” on the results show that was clearly influenced by the results.

I think I was thinking to the first season he mentored where sometimes he was there before they performed and talked to them a bit about their performance. I remembered him doing it for certain ones.

Other great mentors for American Idol that the show won't be able to get: Stevie Wonder, Dr. Dre, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Carole King, or Tina Turner. Even Eminem would be great. He mostly raps, but he knows a talented singer/artist when he sees one and he's really good at using the dictionary when writing songs.

9 hours ago, mrsvaledictorian2017 said:

Kris Allen would be a good mentor too. I think it was last season or this season when he was helping certain contestants before they auditioned for American Idol.

Kris helped out for season 20 as well. He'd be an excellent mentor/advisor! IMO

If Kelly Clarkson or Jennifer Hudson weren’t coaches on The Voice, I would one of them should be a mentor. Even Carrie Underwood or Haley Reinhart too. Other good options of non American Idol Contestants include: Ryan Tedder, Andy Grammer, Lukas Graham, Gwen Stefani, Lady Gaga, or Mick Jagger. Even Rihanna would be good too.

• Like 1