AI20 Showcase Round (Top 59) Standing Ovations

Idol Maniac

http://www.theidolpad.com/2021/12/ai20-showcase-round-top-59-standing.html

Note: It's not necessarily an exhaustive list, but it should be very close to it. Also, it does not guarantee that a contestant advanced.

While the judges otherwise refrain from commenting after the performances during the showcase round, Katy Perry made an exception when she repeatedly compared Elliot Greer to Vincent Van Gogh, following his performance of an original song.

330x330-Q90_f884d990341ba0bc3c3a8a6cfadd330x330-Q90_0eca11c4f7b940a3d692aabee8f3330x330-Q90_1c8f69e3be0ba8ee7f7b34a480c4

All 3 Judges:

Allegra Miles

Christian Guardino

Danielle Clavell

Elli Rowe

Elliot Greer

Hunter Girl

Jacob Moran

Jay Copeland

Katyrah Love

Kelsie Dolin

Kenedi Anderson

Kezia Istonia (a.k.a. Lady K.)

Leah Marlene

Lexi Weege

Nicolina Bozzo

Noah Thompson

Sage

Sir Blayke

Tobias Hill

330x330-Q90_f884d990341ba0bc3c3a8a6cfadd

Only Lionel Richie:

Briggs

Ryan Argast

Sam Moss

Scarlet Ayliz

Yoli Mayor

Edited by Idol Maniac

So 24 people got Standing Ovations in total, and 19/24 got them from all 3 Judges. I think it is pretty safe to say that the 19 that did get all 3 are making T20/24, but obviously previous performances that we have not seen are still a factor. I feel like those who got 1 SO could still be up in the air. 

Its also interesting to note that 13/19 all judges SO's were for females, and 15/24 SO's in total were for females. Waffle season here we come! 

Edited by m1key

On 12/12/2021 at 11:18 PM, m1key said:

So 24 people got Standing Ovations in total, and 19/24 got them from all 3 Judges. I think it is pretty safe to say that the 19 that did get all 3 are making T20/24, but obviously previous performances that we have not seen are still a factor. I feel like those who got 1 SO could still be up in the air. 

Its also interesting to note that 13/19 all judges SO's were for females, and 15/24 SO's in total were for females. Waffle season here we come! 

I just feel it would make it too obvious if every person that got a standing ovation made it. As the judges have said in the past, they base it on every performance that contestant has done.

On 12/17/2021 at 7:19 PM, Discovolcano said:

This doesn’t mean anything. The judges love to act like someone was really bad and then put them through.

Why do I feel like that last season was the only season where the judges were that extreme with last year's semi finalists and the other seasons they weren't as extreme with every contestant that made the final judgement. I don't remember the judges acting like everyone was bad except for last season.