American Idol S19 ● Hollywood Genre Challenge ● Discussion

istersay

I’m going to add my comments on how everyone performed while watching the show on my ABC app:

1.  Liahonya and Ammon -- Liahonya was really great!  Ammon was better than in his solo, but clearly Liahonya is the better singer, so I'm not surprised that Ammon was cut, but I'm still sad for Liahonya.

2.  Liv -- not such a good performance.  She was a little screechy for me.

3.  Laila -- certainly good enough to move on to the Duets round.

4.  Ava -- she didn't belt like Liahonya, Liv or Laila but she was still good enough to make it to the Duets.

5.  Drake -- intriguing that he went with country this time around.

6.  Caleb -- good enough to move on to the Duets round but not really my cup of tea.

7:  Mignon & Mason -- they were both pretty good but Mignon apparently was better

8:  Cameron -- She was good but it apparently wasn't good enough.

9:  Alex -- has a lot of personality and was really enjoyable.

10.  Cecil -- began rough but once he got a second chance, he was definitely good enough to move on.

11.  Re'h -- she was very good from that snippet I saw and different from her audition!

12:  Celeste -- she was trying not to sound like she was on a cruise ship, but she apparently fell flat.

13.  Xavier -- I don't remember if I saw his audition or not, but he really killed his solo.  Except maybe for his falsetto.

14.  Grace -- very, very good.  It's little wonder that she made it to the Duet round/

15:  D.J. -- she should have picked a different song.  Just Sam did it much, much better last year!

16:  Christina -- love the song!  She was probably good enough to move on to the Duet round.

17:  Hunter -- good enough to move on but I wouldn't call him Top 10 material.

18:  Graham -- good enough to move on as well, but he's more of a performer than a singer.

19:  Cassandra -- she blows Hunter and Graham out of the water, vocally.

20:  Anthony -- maybe he should have chosen a better song.

21:  She Nova and Yurisbel -- they were entertaining, but there's no way they'll move on.

22:  Andrea -- much better song choice!  "Landslide" was not a good choice for her audition.

23:  Erika -- she forgot the lines and allowed it to derail her.  I feel sorry for her for that, but not for her breakdown when she was cut afterwards.  Love the song though.

24:  James -- apparently nerves got the best of him.

25:  Christian M. -- her nerves really got the best of her.  Maybe she should have chosen to use accompaniment.

26:  Chayce -- he may not look like a country guy but he sure has the country sound.

27:  Mary Jo -- for someone who didn't have any stage experience, she did a fine job!

28:  Colin -- not my cup of tea but he did well enough.

29:  Claudia -- well, she was good enough to move on to the Duets at least.

29:  Vahhley, Tryzdin & Brianna -- well, at least Brianna wasn't the one who would need the ambulance, since she was cut this round.  The others were also apparently not good enough.

30:  Wyatt, Emisunshine, Trinity Rose, Lizzy & Murphy -- they all were very good, but Wyatt and Murphy were the best.  I especially liked Murphy's song.  Only Trinity Rose wasn't good enough.

31:  Beane -- interesting choice of genre.  I thought he might do pop or indie-folk.  He did well enough to move on, though.

32:  Casey -- I may not like rock as much as some of the other genres, but she's certainly one of the best ones!

33:  Christian T. -- that wasn't quite good enough to move on.

34:  Althea -- certainly good enough to move on.

35:  Amanda -- I can see why some were thinking that it was Amanda who would be the replacement for Benson and not Anilee.

36:  Willie -- another one who was good enough to move on.  Best male vocalist of the guys for sure.

Edited by CarmenSandiego