College Hoops Thread

ShortstopVM

19 hours ago, ShortstopVM said:

Gabe Brown getting benched for the second half :giggle:

Tom Izzo is known for being disrespectful to his players. That is why he will never win another championship. His style may have worked 20-30 years ago but young people now a days wont take that. You can be firm and have high expectations without yelling at someone while you are purple in the face.

GREAT win by the Terps last night! :ohyeah: That was a great defensive effort by the team, which we need to carry into our game against Bama tomorrow.

If we want to beat the Crimson Tide, we have to something we usually have trouble doing: Grabbing those rebounds. We were grossly out-rebounded by UConn; we won't be able to beat Bama giving up so many offensive rebounds. We also have to force them into taking mid-range shots and possibly defend their three-point attempts.

Welp... 🤷‍♂️ We indeed got out-rebounded by Bama (19 to 40), and the Crimson Tide shot the lights out from three (16-for-33). We were lucky to go into halftime only down by eight; that run to start the second half did us in - we were pretty much playing the Golden State Warriors by that point. :no:  Bama were able to space out and we couldn't successfully defend them...

Given that the season was modified due to COVID, given that this was the year after Cowan and Stix departed, getting this far should have been more than we can ask for? :?  Hats off the the players for giving it their all. :yes: 

I'm not on the "Fire Turgeon" bandwagon yet... But I do realize that we've only made ONE Sweet Sixteen in ten years. :unsure:  I wonder what next season will be in store for us...

Edited by ShortstopVM

• 2 weeks later...

Though I should add: What Scott Drew has done for Baylor is up there with the likes of what Gary Williams did for us (after Len Bias/Lefty Driesell and Bob Wade) - they were on the brink of getting the "death penalty" from the NCAA. 😱

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't believe we lost to GEORGE MASON for the first time ever🙄 This is SO :censored: EMBARRASSING! 😡 Maryland had to do SO many things wrong and make SO many mistakes in order for us to lose to them. I can't believe we lost to a team beneath us. :thumbsdown:

So much for going Undefeated [at Home] this season. 🙄

Edited by ShortstopVM

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welp... The Maryland women have their season prematurely ended again... :no::broken:

It's a shame that this team didn't even reach a Final Four with Chloe Bibby or Katie Benzan... This team was fun to watch the past two season with both of them on it...

At least we would have Ashley Owusu, Mimi Collins, and Diamond Miller coming back next season (and possibly another one)

Edited by ShortstopVM

• 1 year later...

The Maryland Women's team blew a TWENTY-point lead and lost to Iowa State. 🙄 HOW THE :censored: DO YOU LET SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPEN?!?!? 😡😡 😡

I wish I could say "good season", but I can't even bring myself to say that.

See you in the Fall. :blargwave: