Guessing Game: How Many More Seasons Do You Think American Idol Will Be On T.V. For?

anticoronaperson

This thread is for fun and for the purpose of predicting how many more seasons of American Idol will be on for before it gets canceled for good. American Idol Season 19 is going to be the 19th season of American Idol. I was just curious to see what you guys think about how more seasons there will be of American Idol. I'm going to make a guess that American Idol will go on for 5 more seasons after American Idol Season 19 before they possibly cancel it. So that means American Idol Season 24 would be their last season. In my opinion, as much as I like American Idol, I don't feel it's going to be the kind of show that will stay on T.V. forever. For instance, General Hospital which has been on T.V. since 1963 and still in as they are currently on their 58th season. I am 99% sure that American Idol won't make it to a 58th season or that it would be on that long for there to be a 58th season.

Edited by anticoronaperson

11 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

Depends on the ratings. If they stay where they have been the past few seasons, I can see it going on for a few more years. If the ratings fall this season, they might renew it for Season 20 and then be done. 

Yeah I'm also thinking a few more seasons depending on how well the ratings for American Idol are.

Edited by anticoronaperson

I feel like ending at S20 would make sense because it would be in 2022 (20 years after the premier) and 20 is an even number to end on.

Although, I think the ratings are stable enough to make them last longer than that so Im going to guess they will end in 2025 aka Season 23.

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, m1key said:

I feel like ending at S20 would make sense because it would be in 2022 (20 years after the premier) and 20 is an even number to end on.

Although, I think the ratings are stable enough to make them last longer than that so Im going to guess they will end in 2025 aka Season 23.

Yeah I don't think Season 20 would be the last season of American Idol either. I'm thinking either Season 23 or Season 24 would be the last season for American Idol.

• Like 1