The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1

sydneysam

americanvoice: Both of these artists can perform and have that emotional and passionate attack on songs. I wanna see an emotional singer vs. performer go battle against each other.

The Koi Boys vs. Josh Daniel
- Song: Let It Be (The Beatles)

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Sad 1

MENTOR/GAME MASTER COMMENTS

A-Kid: *standing ovation* I salute you trio for singing that classic song that way! I totally loved that rendition, it's just so emotional and heartfelt. I really can't think of words anymore because that's just that good, but my winner would be Josh.

americanvoice: *standing ovation* *tears up a little* That is... that is just so good and beautiful and heartfelt. You trio made us feel the message of the song. It is just so amazing to see Koi Boys' another side, actually this is in Josh's wheelhouse, an emotional ballad, but Koi Boys, you just showed us your heart this time, and that's beautiful. Josh, you never fail to make me tear up! HAHAHA. Your voice is just so ready for a record. I have to go with someone that surprised me the most and that is... The Koi Boys!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

americanvoice: I paired these artists initially because they were basically the last ones that I haven't paired but after listening more to them, they both nave that interesting renditions when they're singing, making the song they're singing their own.

Jordy Marcs vs. Misunderstood
- Song: Adorn (Miguel)

• Like 1

A-Kid: That's a great performance. It really looked like this song both doesn't straight fit into your style, but you're both up for the challenge! It is technically not as perfect nor exciting performance compared to other battles tonight, but it is good. I gotta pick Misunderstood on this one.

americanvoice: I gotta be honest, that was a little bit underwhelming for me, but you both did rise to the occasion and did your best out there, and as your mentors, that was more than enough and I'm proud of you. I gotta go with someone that is more interesting and unique than the other, and that is... Jordy Marcs! No matter what happened Misunderstood, you're a great duo, and I really can see you shining outside the show.

• Like 1

americanvoice: I paired these artists because they have that swag and attitude when they sing, and both can PERFORM their butts off.

BEKLN Mile vs. Donel Mangena
- Song: U Got It Bad (Usher)

• Thanks 1

A-Kid: That was a fun and swag-gy performance! It is so cool and it fitted both of your styles. Donel, you might've faced a group and you might be young, but you held your own out there and performed excellently. But I have to go with BEKLN Mile, they're just undeniably good.

americanvoice: Wow! It was a good performance, being at a disadvantage at numbers, Donel, darling, you really stood up and performed like you're just as many as there, you're just ready for this competition. BEKLN Mile, as usual, you're great! The harmonies are on point, and how you act as a group is just so mesmerizing. I have to go with someone that is READY to eat and fight in this competition, and that is.. Donel Mangena!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

americanvoice: Both of these artists have that soul and power when they sing. They've also got that massive riffs and runs that I'd love to hear clash in a battle.

Avery Wilson vs. OneUp
- Song: Mercy (Shawn Mendes)

• Like 3

A-Kid: *standing ovation* *throws a shoe* YOU BETTA BE SINGING Y'ALL! That was so good! You sang each other's faces off! That was just a near perfect performance, from the song choice, to the pairing, to the delivery, everything! The notes were overdone a little in the end but that's just a piece of cake! I gotta go with Avery on this one.

americanvoice: *standing ovation* *throws a shoe* WHAT A FREAKIN' PERFORMANCE?! Are you kidding me? You didn't both deserve to be an underdog, that was just so good! This is definitely one of the best battles for me, the emotions, passion, heart is there. I screwed up again big time on this pairing, but I have to go with the artist/s who I think can do some interesting things and performances with his/their voice/s and that is... OneUp!

• Thanks 1

picsart-06-18-10-25-27.png

Evvie McKinney
Caitlyn Vanbeck
Johnny Manuel
Kennedy Holmes
Timyra Joi
Rizzi Myers
Zhavia
Whitney & Shannon
The Koi Boys
Jordy Marcs
Donel Mangena
OneUp
Jamie Miller (SAVED)
Avery Wilson (SAVED)
K̶e̶l̶s̶e̶a̶ ̶J̶o̶h̶n̶s̶o̶n̶
R̶y̶a̶n̶ ̶Q̶u̶i̶n̶n̶
M̶a̶l̶i̶k̶ ̶H̶e̶a̶r̶d̶
O̶l̶i̶v̶i̶a̶ ̶X̶i̶m̶i̶n̶e̶s̶
S̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶A̶k̶o̶
S̶i̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶C̶
C̶h̶r̶i̶d̶d̶y̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶
J̶o̶s̶h̶ ̶D̶a̶n̶i̶e̶l̶
M̶i̶s̶u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶o̶o̶d̶
B̶E̶K̶L̶N̶ ̶M̶i̶l̶e̶

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's it guys! The Final 14 of  The Underdogs ! Now that The Battles have been finished. It is now time for the most stressful, dreaded, 8-Chair Challenge.

The first category to face that challenge is... @jarmon's category, The Over 25's . Tune in at 8 PM EST and join us again as we start the battle for the 8 chairs.

• Like 4

8-Chair-Challenge.png

Hi and welcome back to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1!

Yesterday and last night, we've witnessed as we unveil our very FIRST TWIST of this series, a 5th mentor, @americanvoice38, and a 5th category (The Underdogs). We've seen how the underdogs battle it out in the series' last The Battles, only 14 ARTISTS out of 24 underdogs have made it through to our 8-Chair Challenge.

Tonight, the new round begins, THE 8-CHAIR CHALLENGE. It will be a lot of stress as our Final 14 fights for that spot in the 8 chairs of each categories. Our mentors will have to face difficult decisions as each artists gave it their all to have a seat and secure spot in the Final 8 of their categories. 

The 8-Chair Challenge is a round where each artists will perform one by one and at the end of each performances, the mentors will decide if they will get a SEAT or not. If all 8 chairs have been filled, mentors will have to SWAP OUT artists, until we get our Final 8 from each mentor, that will go to the next round, The Judges Houses. Each mentor can also ask a SING-OFF from artists if they think they need more clarification and to finalize on who to give a seat.

First to face our 8-Chair Challenge is The Over 25's, which is mentored by @jarmon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kicking things off in this category is an artist that came from the British version of X-Factor,

The X-Factor UK, he had gone all the way in Series 13, and won in that series. But now he's set to prove that he also deserves to win in this competition.

1. Matt Terry
     - Song: You Don't Own Me (Lesley Gore

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jarmon: *standing ovation and throws shoes* DAMN BOY YOU BETTA SANG! YOU CAME FOR BLOOD TONIGHT!!! This has to be your best performance so far, it just oozed such sultry vocals throughout and I believed everything you were singing tonight. A fantastic start to the 8 chair challenge! 

jarmon: You will be getting my first chair!

Seat 1- Matt Terry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Next to perform is an artist that competed against Matt also on the Series 12 of

The X-Factor UK. She started as an underdog in the series but after spectacular performances, she turned into one of the frontrunners in that series. But, she lost to Matt in the finale, being the runner-up of that series. She is now set to prove that she deserves to win this whole thing.

2. Saara Aalto
     - Song: Last Dance (Donna Summer)

• Like 2

jarmon: I'm going to be honest Saara, this wasn't the best song choice for you. You started off so strong and the vocals were stunning but it went downhill as the song became more upbeat, I just lost connection with you.

But did you do enough to earn a chair?

jarmon: I'm so sorry Saara but I will not be giving you a chair. :(

No Seat- Saara Aalto

• Sad 2

Third artist to perform for tonight and to fight for one of jarmon's 8 seats is anotber artist that came from

The X-Factor UK, he also went all the way to the series' finale and won the whole thing. He is set to prove that he deserved for that title, and for one of the seats.

3. Ben Haenow
     - Song: Demons (Imagine Dragons)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

jarmon: *claps* Okay so firstly, I love this song choice for you, Ben! It suited your voice perfectly and you sounded so good in this! This was a really fun performance with a really gorgeous raspy tone that I enjoyed!

jarmon: You will be getting my second chair Ben!

Seat 2- Ben Haenow

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Next up is an artist that is given a second chance on the show that she came from, The Four. She was one of the four for a week, but then got eliminated, and went back and went all the way to the Final 2 of Season 1, but she lost and became the runner-up instead of that season. Now she is eager to prove to have one of those chair.

4. Candice Boyd
     - Song: Here (Alessia Cara)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1