Andrea Faustini
Mo Aderinan
Luke Friend
Donel Mangena
Ché Chesterman

Edited by anonymouskid_35
  • Like 2

The-Battles.png

Good Evening IDF! Welcome to The Voice: Idol Factor Part 1!

Last night, we've witnessed our LAST Reveal Day for this series, wherein we saw the line-up of The Groups category and The Boys category. All of which are from different singing competitions from Australia, America, and United Kingdom.

Tonight, as the Top 96 is revealed. It is now time to BATTLE. Our mentors/coaches will pair up their artists and pick a song for them to sing. In the end, the winner of that battle will be announced by that mentor. BUT each mentor have TWO SAVES to use for this round. 

At the end of The Battles, our mentors will have EACH 14 members going to the 8-Chair Challenge.

First up for tonight's battle is the half of the pairings from the category that @thevoiceisthetop mentors, The Boys!

• Like 1

thevoiceisthetop: I paired these artists because they both have that pop/alternative tone in their voices and the song they'll be singing will fit their voices well.

Noah Mac vs. Jamie Miller 
- Song: Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These) (Eurythmics)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: Jamie you have passion and heart within those chords, well done to you indeed. Noah you just know how to perform and feel the music within any song you do! If I were to pick, I would have to go with Noah.

jarmon: I also pick Noah for this battle.

IAN27TAY: Solid performance for both of you but Noah really did what i need to hear.

thevoiceisthetop: You both have good performances but I was expecting more energy from one artist because the other overshadowed him in this performance. The artist that I am picking is I think the one that proved that their battle song fitted him more, that artist is.. Noah Mac!

• Confused 1

thevoiceisthetop: I paired these artists because they both have rock alternative tone in their voices, and the song they'll be singing will showcase both of their strengths as an artist.

Laine Hardy vs. Sheldon Riley
- Song: Something's Got a Hold on Me/ I'm a Man (Etta James/Bo Diddley)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: Sheldon you are just an unrelenting force of destruction! You know how to use that voice 110% child great work! Laine if you were to advance, I were to try to change it up a bit, but overall solid job. Well done to both, but Sheldon would have to be my pick.

jarmon: You both are amazing, and this is an interesting battle. I am picking Sheldon on this one.

IAN27TAY: Both of you did a very well performance but for me Sheldon is the winner.

thevoiceisthetop: Laine you're a great artist and both of you had your moment up there but facing Sheldon is really hard, he has that theatrical thing going on with him that is so unique and interesting. I am picking this artist because I think his performance here is way better and overpowered the other, that artist is.. Sheldon Riley!

• Like 1

thevoiceisthetop: They were the last two artist that I haven't paired which is why they're the pairing but I think both have alternative tone in their voices, which is why I think the song that I picked for them will suit their voices.

Hunter Plake vs. Michael J Woodward 
- Song: I Will Wait (Mumford and Sons)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: Michael you really can control those pipes well, great job to you. Hunter though, you can tell stories and it feels like its your own concert up there! Well done to you both, if choosing I would have to go with Hunter.

jarmon: I gotta say that I prefer Hunter's tone and performance in this one, so I'm picking Hunter.

IAN27TAY: Michael has a versatile voice but Hunter did way more better than I expected.

thevoiceisthetop: Hunter has that interesting originality and uniqueness in his voice and Michael, you had amazing performance in Reveal Day but for me it was really lacking here, but I do see potential though. But the artist I'm picking has a really good artistry and consistency and that is... Hunter Plake!

• Like 1

thevoiceisthetop: I paired these artists because they both sang The Weeknd in the Reveal Day and that's why they have that similarity in their genres/musical preference, I also think they could do something cool. Which is why the song I've picked for them will showcase both of their r&b soulful side.

Cyrus Villanueva vs. Cammwess 
- Song: I Can't Stand the Rain (New Edition)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: Cyrus you are stellar, incredible and beautiful. I know you are a threat if advancing from tonight! Cammwess, you sir are just everything within a vocal I could want, powerful voice, agile runs, and a conveying message that the audience and connect with. I would have to go with Cammwess on this one.

jarmon: I do have to agree with what QueenMae said here and therefore I'll also pick Cammwess.

IAN27TAY: One word for both of you "'PERFECT"' but Cyrus is my pick tonight.

thevoiceisthetop: I really think you both have a stellar performance. Cyrus, you did great in your first performance and showed that enthusiasm, but here I think it's lacking for me, this is where Camm showed and brought us that energy that's lacking. But I think Cyrus had that unique and strong voice. But I will be picking the artist that I think can show more going to the next round. And that artist is.. CammWess!

• Like 1

thevoiceisthetop: I paired them because they're both soulful, in terms of delivery in singing and in performing, and the song I picked for them will showcase that.

Elyjuh Rene vs. Brendan Murray
- Song: God Gave Me You (Blake Shelton)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: Oh you two can just give a vocal can't you! Brendan you have the voice to change a song into your own, but Elyjuh can also interpret it into the audience to send the message of the song with his simple, but appealing tone, I have to go with Brendan though because of what I think he can do more within the competition.

jarmon: I am picking the artist that I think gave the best out of these two and that is Elyjuh.

IAN27TAY: Both of you have rich tone and the song choice is absolutely great and I gotta say theres a chemistry between you two HAHAHA, kidding aside, Brendan is my pick tonight.

thevoiceisthetop: You both are amazing and you give a performance that is so good. But I think one artist didn't showed that much of a personality, which is why I think I still don't know him as a singer that much? The other artist that I'll be picking is the one that I find more appealing and interesting, and have that originality in his voice. The artist that I'll be picking is.. Brendan Murray!

• Like 1

thevoiceisthetop: They both have that soulfulness in their voices and I think they will be a good matchup, the song I picked for them requires a LOT of energy and techniques which I think they can both pull off.

Ché Chesterman vs. Isaiah Firebrace 
- Song: Praying (Kesha)

• Like 1

MENTORS COMMENTS

QueenMae: Amazing job to both, I think it was fairly even, but if I would to go with one. Che has the power, but Isaiah has such agility within his chords that can't be let go, so I would go with Isaiah!

jarmon: I gotta agree with QueenMae, I will also pick Isaiah to move forward.

IAN27TAY: I gotta say this is my favorite performance tonight but Isaiah slightly did it much better.

thevoiceisthetop: Wow, that is so good. You are both so good in your own way, even if you both have that soulfulness in your voice, I just think you just showed us tonight where you belong, and that is in The Voice! I really can't imagine losing the both of you, I MIGHT use my power on this one BUT let's see. The artist I'm picking is I think the one that did it slightly better than the other, and that is.. Ché Chesterman!

• Like 1