Adele Fan Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She went from 3.4 million in pure sales alone to 839k SPS. A huge number for anyone else. But this is ADELE. The expectations were justifiably big and yet she couldn’t top 1 million total units. The label (who estimated 1.3 to 1.75 million SPS) must be disappointed. For the record, Folklore outsold SPS first week, RED sold more vinyls last week, and a ten minute version of a nine year old song was able to knock Adele’s 1st song in 6 years off the charts.

9 hours ago, mikeyace16 said:

She went from 3.4 million in pure sales alone to 839k SPS. A huge number for anyone else. But this is ADELE. The expectations were justifiably big and yet she couldn’t top 1 million total units. The label (who estimated 1.3 to 1.75 million SPS) must be disappointed. For the record, Folklore outsold SPS first week, RED sold more vinyls last week, and a ten minute version of a nine year old song was able to knock Adele’s 1st song in 6 years off the charts.

I’ve seen you on ATRL pit Adele and Taylor against each other. Sales are totally different than they were 5 years ago. Did the record label expect million? Probably. She still had the best sales debut of the decade thus far. EOm went straight back to #1. Taylor had her moment and now Adele is having hers. This is a FAN thread and if you pit Taylor and Adele against each other like you do on ATRL action will be taken. :yes:

Both Adele and Taylor can thrive. They aren’t mutually exclusive. 🙂 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mikeyace16 said:

30 beat Folklore in pure sales, but you don’t mention that. All Too Well was a moment for Taylor and her fans. It had a high profile music video to accompany it. Red (Taylor’s Version) is a double vinyl so it counts as two. Funny how you don’t mention any of this.

Taylor is stronger in the streaming market and Adele in the physical market. They both are the music industry. 😉

To be fair Taylor and Adele approach the sales/marketing aspect of their albums very differently. Adele simply says here's my lead single, here's my album and that's it. Taylor is very calculated with multiple versions of singles, music videos etc to continue to maximize sales and streams. Both ways work for each of them and its why they are the 2 best and biggest in the game right now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kclarkson1323 said:

To be fair Taylor and Adele approach the sales/marketing aspect of their albums very differently. Adele simply says here's my lead single, here's my album and that's it. Taylor is very calculated with multiple versions of singles, music videos etc to continue to maximize sales and streams. Both ways work for each of them and its why they are the 2 best and biggest in the game right now.

Word I Agree GIF by INTO ACTION